Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar News Part 1: June 2016 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back, Estelle has always had such personality. The black and white photo on the third link of her as a baby, even there she hints at the personality to come. She always had these big expressive eyes. I can't believe she is five.

Expressen's Dina pengar had on Estelle's birthday an article about Estelle as a trendsetter and worth of gold for fashion brands.

During her five years, Estelle has made a clear imprint - both on the court and on the swedish fashion.
- Children in Sweden are much more well-dressed now than before Estelle, says children’s fashion expert Johanna Engberg.
Despite her young age, Estelle has attended several official events. And there are few five year olds who have such a large impact on the swedish fashion. Every time she is seen, her clothes and accessories raise great interest.
- Estelle creates trends where everything sells out. People want to buy everything she wears. People often don't want to say that they buy clothes just because Estelle has them, but the clothes she wears sell out, says Johanna Engberg.
Over the years, the princess has worn everything from sheepskin jackets to festive dresses. Something Johanna Engberg sees as one of her strengths.
- They have truly created a down-to-earth style to dress. Where she can be functional, and wear old stuff, but still have those really nice clothes. They let her be the amazing child she is - I think it's incredibly cool. No other royal house has chosen this style to dress, she says.
According to the court there is an idea behind this.
- The royal family tries as often as possible wear swedish clothes of sustainable materials and reuse their clothes. Princess Estelle also wears clothes that the Crown Princess wore as a child, court’s information officer Ulrika Näsholm writes at an e-mail.
- What Estelle is wearing, gets attention. Among those who follow the royal family, it gets more attention and probably increased sales. It is fortunate for a brand that Estelle wears it, there is a positive effect, says brand expert Anna-Karin Lingham.
But even if she sets trends with shoes, dresses and jackets, one thing is the undefeated trend winner: The bow.
- Everyone who comes into my store comments the bows. Everyone says "Oh, there is that Estelle-bow", says Johanna Engberg.
Engberg has seen during the five years a clear, consistent trend.
- It was not the classic festive fashion that mattered. Now it has really exploded: Children should be well dressed.
Estelle's main trends, chosen by Johanna Engberg
1. The bow
2. Livly-clothes, especially the shoes
3. Marie Chantal brand
4. The hair styles
5. The princess dresses
Trendsättaren Estelle – guld värd för varumärken _ Dina pengar

Last edited:
Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen, that the crown princess family celebrates Oscar's first birthday in Sweden, with a private celebration.
According to Expressen's information, the family has spend this time in Florida and will arrive to Sweden tomorrow. Expressen tells that the family lived in a secluded cottage where they spent time together about six weeks.
Prins Oscar fyller ett – firas på hemmaplan _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Sveriges Radio P4 Östergötland told on Sunday at their Facebook, that their article about Estelle's birthday was by far the most read on their website during the last 30 days.
https://www.facebook.com/srostergot...78034093597/10154378018998597/?type=3&theater

Last edited:
While in Warsaw, queen Silvia met the press and talked also about feelings before Oscar's birthday:
- We are obviously very pleased to have little prince Oscar's birthday tomorrow and we maternal grandparents have naturally thought for a present but whatever it is, we will not tell. But it will be great fun, she says.
Silvia is now a proud grandmother of five grandchildren, and she enjoys to follow the children's development. Much has happened to little Oscar during his first year.
- He's a little fellow who is fun and the parents are very, very proud and we maternal grandparents are also to see his growth, says Queen Silvia.
- It's fun, one day he looks like his father and other day as his mother! It's very exciting because a lot is happening now.
Queen Silvia said also to Svensk Damtidning that it's nice that the family is back now and that they are very happy about that little family, not just little Estelle but also her little brother.
Stor intervju! ”Vi är väldigt stolta över Oscar” _ Svensk Damtidning
Drottning Silvia om Victorias resa _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
I don't particularly like the photo because it's black and white. I prefer colored. That's why Estelle's photos were also a disappointment.

It'll be interesting to see whether there will as big a difference in personality between Estelle and Oscar as there is between their cousins (Leonore and Nicolas).

the second photo with the birthday cake is much better.
Happy day for him, back in Sweden:flowers:

now I see its various photos. love the one of him standing up

Last edited:
Oscar as a newborn and as a baby looks virtually identical to his sister Estelle when she was the same age!:p

Last edited:
Delicious children ! Soooooooooo cute !!!!

I love the birthday cake photo. One cute birthday boy ;)

Aww, the photos of Oscar were absolutely precious. He's a beautiful little one and is just like a clone of his older sister Estelle. Their resemblance is particularly remarkable in the photo of Oscar and the cake, as he reminds me of Estelle here.
I hope he had a lovely birthday. I can't believe he's a year already.

Absolutely precious pictures! it's so cute to see those kids grow.

I know I asked already but maybe nobody saw it, that they call Prince Oscar oscis? is it Oshis or oskis? Thank you

Estelle is such a bubbly little girl! I hope she keeps that bright personality as she grows older. She's just such a delight to watch!

:previous: There's no getting around it: she will become an adolescent one day. ;)

The City of Helsingborg in Skåne gave prince Oscar a fairytale forest at the Sofiero Palace park as the christening present. The Prince Oscar Fairytale forest was inaugurated on 7th May. Children can listen to stories at the forest.
Five trees in the little book forest have something special to tell. For example, a tree tells about the seasons, a "night tree" explains what is happening in Sofiero's gardens at night and the history tree describes how the prince and princess life could look like.
Trolsk sagovandring med talande träd i Sofieros slottsträdgård - HD
Tänk om träden kunde tala.... Vilka... - Vi tre & trädgård _ Facebook

Norrköping News has visited in May Princess Estelle's salon at Linköping Castle in Östergötland.
Estelle and her parents visited the salon when Estelle inaugurated her Fairytale Path in May 2014.
The entire floor of Linköping Castle was built in the early 18th century and was completed in the early 19th century. About the same time as the family Bernadotte came to Sweden in 1810.
- The whole style relates to the early 19th century. We have tried to recreate that time, they liked catchy colors at the time, but then it should also suit to a princess and relate to both time and history.
This has been done with the paintings hanging in the room, they consist of women with royal connections as well as with decorative walls where royal jewelry have been depicted.
- Jewels that our royals bear are owned by a foundation and when the princess grows up and visits Linköping, maybe she walks around the room and recognizes the jewels painted on the walls, says Mats Fredriksson.
Följ med in i Estelle-salongen – Norrköping News
Translation

Estelle is so grown! :flowers: So much taller than her brother now. Lovely pictures. Wish they were larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom