Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar News Part 1: June 2016 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex and Oscar are a bit young to be joining in on the fun just yet. Likely in the nursery napping. no need to throw them in just for a photo up. Was a cute photo of the three cousins looking like they are moments away from mischief. Dragging the boys out fir a photo op can wait for official photos.

Estelle looks just like her mother, Victoria, and she wears one of her old childhood dresses. Cute.

Getting a brother for a child is something big, even life-changing!

Gallery of Estelle at Dana Press
ROYAL: SPEZIAL Prinzessin Estelles Steckbrief

Another gallery "The best photos of Estelle's exciting Year 2016"
Bästa bilderna från prinsessan Estelles spännande år 2016Gala magazine _ Gala magazine

I guess this is Estelle's pony Viktor, which the staff of the Royal Stables takes for a ride often. Svensk Damtidning told in November that Estelle has at the Royal Stables a white welsh pony.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100011B14831831671113446
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100021B14831831671113446

Video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLqR5lwDFTC/

Last edited:
She is one of the most gorgeous little girl princesses that I have ever seen. Her parents are doing such an incredible job of raising her for her future position in life.

The new photos of Estelle and Oscar are too cute for words! I particularly like the one of Estelle colouring - and Oscar concentrating on her actions.

I forgot for a minute that it's Estelle's birthday soon. I can't believe she's going to be 5 already. At the time of her birth I hadn't yet joined the forums but I was already just starting to become interested in the European royals; and it seems like it was only yesterday that I was looking at her first baby photos in the newspaper.

Does anybody knows how Oscis is pronounced? I heard that is how they call Prince Oscar? is it Oshis or oskis? Thank you

Article at Aftonbladet's Sunday magazine Aftonbladet Söndag, because of Estelle's birthday: "That's how a queen is made"
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Due to Estelle's 5th birthday tomorrow, Svensk Damtidning has articles about Estelle.
Victoria and Daniel tell how Estelle is like
Victoria och Daniel berättar Så är Estelle _ Svensk Damtidning

Estelle wearing Victoria's or Madeleine's clothes
Stort bildspel! Så tar Estelle efter Victoria _ Svensk Damtidning

Article in finnish IltaSanomat
"Cute, cuter, Estelle!"
Söpö, söpömpi, Estelle! Ruotsin hurmaava pikkuprinsessa täyttää huomenna 5 vuotta - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

The court's information officer Ulrika Näsholm to Svensk Damtidning about how Estelle celebrates her birthday:
- Princess Estelle will celebrate privately with he family. Since the celebration is done privately, we can not say anything further.
Oklarheterna kring Estelles födelsedag _ Svensk Damtidning

Estelle on the cover of Dagens Industri
"Double congratulations, Estelle!"
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5Sm4l_WAAMZDNy.jpg

Dagens Industri tells that five years after Princess Estelle's birth, the value of the stock portfolio that Dagens Industri bought for 100,000 SEK for Estelle has doubled.
Dubbelt upp för prinsessportfölj

Dagens Industri bought a portfolio for Estelle when she was born. Dagens Industri manages the portfolio until Estelle is 18 years old and then it will be donated to the charity Estelle has chosen.

Article about Estelle and her birthday at finnish Iltalehti
Prinsessa Estelle täyttää viisi - velmuileva söpöläinen sulattaa sydämet

Last edited by a moderator:
How lovely child Estelle is:flowers: & very Swedish too :princess3:

Last edited:
Happy birthday to the little princess :)

Sad that with the three cousins with birthdays so close, they aren't in Sweden.

From her outfit, the photos were taken at the same time as the recent family photo.

The county of Östergötland's gift to the Duchess is a floating liverwort pendant/charm. Floating liverwort (vattenstjärna) is Östergötland's landscape moss.
The pendant is the fourth charm to the bracelet Estelle got on her first birthday. Goldsmith and artist Margareth Sandström from Östergötland has designed the bracelet and charms. On her second birthday Estelle got a swan, on her third a northern pike and last year a mushroom.
Östergötland uppvaktar hertiginnan prinsessan Estelle - Länsstyrelsen Östergötland

Last edited:
Happy Birthday to lovely Estelle! Time does really fly :)

She looks so cute in her new photos, I think she's looking more and more like Victoria each day.

And what a lovely gift from her Duchy!

The pics the court released are cute.I didn't expect them releasing new photos as they had already satisfied the public with two lovely shots of the family and the two cute siblings.

Expressen congratulated Estelle with an art work by Expressen's graphic desiger Helén Rasmusen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ2JHnOjaQF/?taken-by=expressen

In Expressen people can congratulate Estelle by clicking a balloon
Estelle 5 år

Conditori Nordpolen congratulates Estelle with cakes
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ2vkphBF3x/?taken-by=conditorinordpolen
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ2vw3MhUxi/?taken-by=conditorinordpolen

From Svensk Damtidning
Photo Extra! 33 unforgettable moments with Estelle
33 bästa bilderna på prinsessan Estelle _ Svensk Damtidning
Great slideshow! Estelle - a real fashion princess
Prinsessan Estelles kläder _ Svensk Damtidning

Photographer Karin Törnblom publishes photos she has taken of Estelle, at her Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ2W7DeDTIz/?taken-by=fotografkarintornblom

Last edited:
About Estelle's birthday at Thursday's TV4 News morning. Court expert Claes-Johan Larsson was interviewed. He said that he has seen Estelle in action in Öland on Victoria's birthday, she is a very mature girl for her age. She has the good taste to be nice to journalists and all the people she meets. Victoria and Daniel made the choice to give photos taken by their own photographer to the press. That a child is so much followed by the media, it is probably good that the parents have taken the command with the photos etc. Larsson says that it seems now that Estelle will be a queen one day, they are in a guite good tailwind right now.
Prinsessan Estelle fyller 5 år - Streama TV4 Play

SVT News at their website
Prinsessan Estelle fyller fem _ SVT Nyheter

Finnish YLE FEM News
Prinsessan Estelle blir fem år i dag _ Utrikes _ svenska.yle.fi

Video with photos of Estelle's life with "Happy Birthday To You"
Prinsessan Estelle fyller fem år - GP

Swedish newspapers about the birthday
BILDEXTRA_ Prinsessan Estelle fyller fem år
Charmtrollet Estelle fyller fem - firas på resa

Last edited:
Roger Lundgren, the editor-in-chief of Kungliga magasinet, has also started as the royal expert in Hemmets Journal magazine. He writes chronicles to Hemmets Journal.
At his first chronicle he writes about Estelle's birthday. Time has gone fast, it has already gone five years from when Estelle was born. Lundgren writes that Estelle is number two in the order of succession after her mother and in the future she will be both a crown princess and a queen, and Lundgren thinks she will do very well in her royal roles. Can you really say so about a little five year old? Well, in Estelle's case, Lundgren thinks you actually can. For she is a very plucky young lady. She is happy, curious about life and incredibly well-mannered, which says a lot about the relationship she has with her parents at Haga Palace.
Every time she has participated in an official event, she has behaved exemplary and when she greets people, she is always very polite. She has, for example, learned from her mother that she should curtsy to those she greets. But yes, she is sometimes like most children. She enjoys singing, dancing, crafting, fooling around and she loves to take care of her cousins ​​and younger brother Prince Oscar.
They are a small bunch now, the royal couple's grandchildren. The cohesion between the royal cousins is already strong, and of course it's Estelle, who is the eldest, who takes care of everyone. A trait she inherited from mother Victoria who took care of her younger siblings while growing up!
Roger Lundgren_ "Stort grattis på 5-årsdagen Estelle" – Hemmets Journal

I can't believe that little Estelle is five already, time really does fly! The new photos of her are just precious; and simply and stylishly taken as well. It would be nice though if we could see a photo of Estelle and Leonore together since their birthdays are close together.
I hope Estelle had a lovely birthday.

Do Swedish children start school at 5 or 6 years of age.

Do Swedish children start school at 5 or 6 years of age.

Preschool class
From the age of 6 children have the right to start in the preschool class. The preschool class is a school form in its own right with a large element of creative work and play.
The preschool class is a voluntary school form, which the majority of six-year-olds in Sweden attend. The municipalities are obliged to offer and arrange the preschool class.

Compulsory school
School attendance is compulsory for all children resident in Sweden. Children are required to attend school from the autumn term in the year they reach the age of 7, and the main rule is that compulsory school attendance ceases at the end of the spring term in the 9th year (10th year in the special school).
In Sweden most children begin their first year at school in the autumn term when they reach the age of 7. It is also possible that children start when they reach the age of 6 and in special cases 8. Education should be equivalent irrespective of where pupils attend school.
An overview of the Swedish education system

The education system in Sweden is very similar to Finland.

From TV4 News on Estelle's birthday
http://www.tv4play.se/program/nyheterna?video_id=3805753
http://www.tv4play.se/program/nyheterna?video_id=3805914

ROYAL: Estelle ist jetzt 5 und die Erziehung zur Königin startet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom