The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hanna Nilsson, Managing Editor of Cosmopolitan Sweden about Daniel and the seminar at the Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences on Tuesday.

Prince Daniel: Keep away the Law of Jante and invest!
Prince Daniel encourages young people to dare to invest and be entrepreneurs. Cosmopolitan was invited when the Prince took part in the Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences seminar and we were impressed, to say the least ..!
We at Cosmo had the honor to personally meet the Prince. What the prince said, was very worth considering and something we should all take to heart:
- This collaboration with the Academy aims to that all young people shall be able to start businesses. Keep away the Law of Jante and bet! We must have the courage to have an impact on culture, because that is something that we don't directly have in Sweden. We are often anxious if we compare with other countries. We want to encourage to study further, but also dare to start a business, too few in Sweden take that step. We have gotten better at it, but we can do more than that!
The prince also took up some Swedish public figures who have become motivators:
- Today Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a great source of inspiration to many children and young people, and before that were Björn Borg and Ingemar Stenmark.
And of course the Prince is right. It is so important that today we have role models to look up to, and see that nothing is impossible if you just choose to believe in yourself, your dream or your ideas. And the prince surely had a good tip for anyone who wants to invest in anything in life:
- Stop focusing on the idea, just do!
We at Cosmo let this be the final word and hope that all of you are willing to invest, and perhaps Prince Daniel's words inspire you to this - something which at least he did with us! Hey, we surely have a motivating, competent and enthusiastic Prince! A lot of praise to the prince who dares to make us all believe in ourselves, and "just do". Cheer!
So ... who feels urged to go out and start a business today ?! We can do it!
Prins Daniel_ Tänk bort Jantelagen och satsa!
Translation

Ms Nilsson seems to be very impressed with Daniel.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel visits today Lärvux in Gävle, it is a education for adults with development disorder or brain damage. Daniel speaks about motion and health. It has been a theme at the school and one student got the idea to invite Daniel there.
Motion och hälsa med Prins Daniel på LärVux

Later today Daniel inaugurates the renovation and new building of his old school Perslundaskolan in Ockelbo. At 16.30 Daniel gets a guided tour at the school, at 17.00 there is a open school and at 18.00 Daniel inaugurates the school at the courtyard.
Prins Daniel inviger Perslundaskolan 16 februari— Ockelbo kommun

At Lärvux Daniel met his friend Bosse Stark. It was Bosse who got the idea to invite Daniel to Lärwux. Bosse works for Ockelbo municipality and will be filming Daniel inaugurating the school in Ockelbo.
Daniel får en heldag i sina gamla kvarter | Svensk Damtidning

Video
Se filmen med prins Daniel i Ockelbo | Svensk Damtidning

Galleries
https://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...b-de9f15b2f02e
ROYAL: Prinz Daniel besucht das Unternehmen Lärvux

Prins Daniel besöker Lärvux — Gävle kommun

Old 02-17-2016, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel inaugurated Perslundaskolan in Ockelbo. Daniel said that Estelle has it much more easier to concentrate than he has. Daniel told also that he never got detention at school. "Yes, it is amazing of course be back. I am particularly pleased to see how incredible the school has become after the renovation"
Här återvänder prins Daniel till Ockelbo | Nyheter | Expressen

Daniel gave a moving speech, where he spoke about his time at that school. He said that "here one can learn that your own effort makes the difference and that hard work gives good results, like normally in life". Daniel said also that he remembers best how it was to be a part of a group of good friends. He didn't know it then but knows now that he got friends for his life.
There is also a long video of Daniel's visit and his speech
Prinsens känslosamma tal till Ockelboborna – Skolminnena han aldrig glömmer och framtiden för Ockelbo

Daniel said to Svensk Damtidning that he had a lot of going on when he studied at Perslundaskolan. He was probably half good in everything, but he had difficulties to concentrate.
http://www.svenskdam.se/2016/02/prin...-i-brallan-da/

Galleries
https://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...4-55f6b886b0d3
ROYAL: Prinz Daniel bei der Eröffnung der neuen Perslundaskolan
https://www.instagram.com/p/BB3LNrVu...=pelletnilsson
Old 02-17-2016, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I bet it felt great to go back to his old school and be involved in such an event. Wonder if any of the staff from back in his day are still around. Chances are slim I know. Had to smile at the 'ants in the pants' comment, guess it crosses cultural barriers
Old 02-17-2016, 04:22 AM
Majesty

Thanks, LadyFinn

Daniel out and about as always.

Methinks he looked a bit tired.
Wonder if Victoria keeps him awake at night?

You know how it works. In the middle of the night Daniel is woken by a gentle slab from his wife that almost sends him out of bed: Are you awake?
- I am now!
- You can't sleep either? The baby keeps me awake with all that kicking.
- Yeah, okay, and what can I do about it?!? So he puts his arms around her.
- Daniel, I've been thinking...
- Sigh!

And if he thinks that because the first child was easy, the second one will be quiet and calm as well. Wrong! The second child always come equipped with very well-developed lungs - and they use them!

So I predict we are going to see a lot of pictures over the next few months of Daniel having bags under his eyes that go down beyond the corners of his mouth.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel's interview in Ockelbo, video
Exklusiv intervju! Prins Daniel avslöjar hur han var i skolan _ Svensk Damtidning

Video from SVT News, Daniel's interview
"I worked hard, worked with entrepreneuship previously. Now I am married to a fantastic woman".
Prins Daniel om Perslundaskolan _ SVT Play

Gallery from the inauguration of Perslundaskolan in Ockelbo, from Ockelbo's Facebook.
Invigning och Öppet hus Perslundaskolan 16 februari 2016 _ Facebook

Back to school as Swedish royal returns to home town - The Local
Prins Daniel inviger sin gamla skola _ Hovbloggen

From the website of the royal court. There is also a video of Daniel's speech at the inauguration of Perslundaskolan, 12 minutes speech without notes.
"Rural areas have a future, but success will partly depend on the ingenuity, ambition and what involvement are available locally. Everyone must contribute and help each other. It is important that you show that you want to invest in the school. It is a clear signal to all who live here and for those who are thinking about to move here: here we believe in the future, we are preparing this school and we invest in the young. It matters."
"I feel very proud to have got the honor to be here tonight. But I feel even prouder of being from here. It is here in Ockelbo my values have been established. I have lived in Ockelbo and Ockelbo will always live in me".
Prins Daniel i Gävle och Ockelbo - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB25NyrB...n-at=303703207
Old 02-18-2016, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel visits today with Prince Daniel's Fellowship entrepreneurial programme first Soltorgsgymnasiet (a natural science and technology focused gymnasium) in Borlänge and then Dalarna University in Falun. As inspirators/experts Daniel has with him Melker Andersson from grupp F12, Anna Stenberg from WES och Saeid Esmaeilzadeh from Serendipity innovations. Governor Ylva Thörn is with at the visit.
Prins Daniel besöker Soltorgsgymnasiet och högskolan i Falun

At Soltorgsgymnasiet
https://www.instagram.com/p/BB68PGXR...n-by=ufdalarna
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3c&oe=57250F89
https://www.instagram.com/p/BB7eLcvQ...on.johansson97
Soltorgsgymnasiet i Borlänge har haft... - Ung Företagsamhet Dalarna

Many wanted to take selfies with Prince Daniel when he visited today Soltorgsgymnasiet in Borlänge to talk about entrepreneurship and enterprise.
- I don't count, but there are many, said prince Daniel.
How does it feel?
- That can one take as a compliment. It's about to be out and mission that one should dare to invest, you should not be afraid to fail. It is that we should get away for a little social utopia and be more forward-leaning.
The prince is also am an example of successful entrepreneurship with a successful company within the health and training behind him.
- Entrepreneurship took me very far. I was able to realize my own ideas, I created a job for myself and for quite a few others by my passion for fitness and health.
Björn Renberg, headmaster of Soltorgsgymnasiet:
- We think it's great that they are here and that our students become aware of a lot of exciting things, which they also can do. This is a great push to our entrepreneurship course that we have here.
Selfies och entreprenörskap när prinsen besökte Soltorgsgymnasiet - P4 Dalarna _ Sveriges Radio

- We think you are a generation that has expectations for the future, unlike your parents who took a job and worked on the same thing for 40 years. You want to influence. Therefore, we believe that it is a great alternative to become an entrepreneur, said the prince.
Josefin Hagström is one of those students who thinks of becoming an entrepreneur. She participated at a round table discussion with the inspirators and Daniel.
- It was very educational. It was a lot about how to dare to take the step out. It is difficult to know what one wants. It is important to learn from others' experiences as well, said Hagström.
Daniel says at the video that the morning was very good, enthusiastic students with a lot of questions. He said also that the urge to entrepreneurship varies in different places in Sweden and that we are more and more dependent on individuals who dare to start things to create jobs.
TV_ Prins Daniel besöker Borlänge

Prins Daniel besökte Borlänge

Gallery from the Facebook of Soltorgsgymnasiet
Prins Daniels Fellowship på besök _ Facebook
Gallery
APA-Picturedesk
Old 02-22-2016, 04:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel takes today part at Swedish Ski Association's "Everyone on Snow" -activity, and does some cross country skiing with children at Gärdet. With "Everyone on Snow" the Swedish Ski Association together with the Swedish Ski Council gives a chance to the children on fourth grade in Stockholm to try winter sports. Daniel attended last year too, then he did some alpine skiing with children.
"It is gratifying and an honor for us that Prince Daniel continues to engage himself in Everyone on Snow. It shows that the Prince, like the Swedish Ski Association, has a genuine interest in children's sport, says Charlotta Bürger Backström, responsible for Everyone on Snow.
Pressinbjudan_ H.K.H. Prins Daniel besöker Alla på snö i Stockholm - Svenska Skidförbundet

From court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFS0Rev...-by=kungahuset
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFaSx8P...-by=kungahuset
From Svensk Damtidning's Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFS49MJ...enskdamtidning
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFhfOfJ...enskdamtidning
From SVT News Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFTsA_s...ed=prinsdaniel

Daniel was interviewed at TV4 News morning. Daniel said that because he grew up in Ockelbo, it was very natural to learn to ski and ski at school and at home. It is important that the children get to know sport. One knows that if you get used to exercising and get self-confidence in your physical capacity as a child, it stays with you your whole life. A positive start is important. We know that health is unequal and at the areas where there is tough economically, there can be three times bigger risk to get diabetes and twice the risk to get a stroke. This Everyone on Snow is a great effort, I have already met children who have never been on snow and to get the feeling of the skis sliding can be very positive, Daniel said. Daniel said that he has never competed in cross country skiing. The reporter asked how is it with skiing in the family, does Estelle like skiing? Absolutely, she had a race at the preschool some days ago, says Daniel.
Video
Prins Daniel_ _Viktigt att få testa idrott tidigt_ - TV4 Play

Daniel said to Svensk Damtidning's reporter that cross country skiing is a very fine training but he prefers alpine.
Who is the best in the family?
- My wife, Estelle and then me.
So Estelle is better than you?
- Yes, much, much better
How much she has skied?
- A few times per winter for the last two years.
How competitive person Estelle is?
- She is a competitive person a little, she is. I believe that she has inherited it from mum and dad.
At any time a new family member is expected, how does it feel?
- It feels very good. It will perhaps be a future skier, we will see!
Do we have a day?
- Yes, you are usually supposed to get it ...
Do we have to still wait for a long time?
- Yes, you must be patient!
Ny intervju! Prins Daniel om den väntade babynedkomsten _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 02-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks, LadyFinn

Daniel out and about as always.

Methinks he looked a bit tired.
Wonder if Victoria keeps him awake at night?

You know how it works. In the middle of the night Daniel is woken by a gentle slab from his wife that almost sends him out of bed: Are you awake?
- I am now!
- You can't sleep either? The baby keeps me awake with all that kicking.
- Yeah, okay, and what can I do about it?!? So he puts his arms around her.
- Daniel, I've been thinking...
- Sigh!

And if he thinks that because the first child was easy, the second one will be quiet and calm as well. Wrong! The second child always come equipped with very well-developed lungs - and they use them!

So I predict we are going to see a lot of pictures over the next few months of Daniel having bags under his eyes that go down beyond the corners of his mouth.

You seem to have a looooot of experience
Bye Bine
Old 02-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel had a ski jumper at his beanie.
Prins Daniel gled fram i spåret _ Hovbloggen

Videos, Daniel hugging all the children warms my heart.
Prins Daniel i skidspåret – se våra filmer här _ Svensk Damtidning

Prins Daniel svarade på frågor om växande familjen _ Kungligt _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
Prins Daniel och fjärdeklassare upptäcker snöglädje i Stockholm - Svenska Skidförbundet

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCGBm2Mx...ressenkungligt
http://static.iltalehti.fi/kuninkaal..._at2202_kg.jpg
http://pedagogstockholmblogg.se/gast.../02/daniel.jpg

To Sveriges Radio Daniel said:
- I think it is incredibly exciting to take part in this incredibly exciting venture, which Everyone on Snow means. I think it is very positive and important.
There was a lot going on and full speed at the tracks and prince Daniel had to hurry up to get along.
- Now I'll try to meet a few children to see if they have fun, and just talk and hang out, says Prince Daniel and hurries on.
Många fjärdeklassare står på skidor för första gången - Nyheter (Ekot) _ Sveriges Radio

Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Daniel told to the reporters that Estelle's birthday will be celebrated tomorrow home at the Haga Palace.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Still a photo from Monday Daniel with TV4's reporter Soraya Lavasani at Everyone on Snow. Soraya interviewed Daniel at live broadcast.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFSmDCJ...sorayalavasani

Today Daniel attended at the board meeting of En Frisk Generation (Healthy Generation Foundation). Daniel is the co-founder, patron and a member of the board of En Frisk Generation. ""We practice what we preach. Meeting with the Board of En Frisk Generation, standing".
https://www.facebook.com/enfriskgene...type=3&theater
Old 03-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel met today Admir Lukacevic from Idrott Utan Gränser (Sport without Borders).
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCxUvpeE...admirlukacevic

Lukacevic has got a scholarship from King Carl Gustaf's Young Leadership Foundation in 2008. He has also attended at a seminar organized by the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel met on Thursday professor Mai-Lis Hellénius from Karolinska Institutet and professor David Dunstan from Baker IDI Heart & Diabetes Institute.
Professor Hellénius is doing a scientific assessment of the work of En Frisk Generation Foundation. Daniel is the co-founder and patron of En Frisk Generation Foundation which was founded on the idea of that good eating habits and physical activity are essential for good health. The evaluation started last autumn and lasts four years. Professor Hellénius is also a member of the Expert Council of the Crown Princess Couple’s Foundation.
Associate Professor David Dunstan is Head of the Physical Activity laboratory at the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute in Melbourne and is an Australian Research Council Future Fellow. His research focuses on the role of physical activity and sedentary behaviour in the prevention and management of chronic diseases. He has held lectures of for instance "Sitting - a modern health threat" (which is something Daniel often speaks about).
The court tells at their Facebook that Daniel and the professors talked about the latest research on sedentary. Professor Dunstan is one of the world's leading researchers in the field of physical activity, sedentary and health. His research group was the first to show that short interruptions during the long-term sedentary, in the form of stand up and stretch your legs can have major effects on health and well being.
Photo
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=3&theater

Daniel attended on Friday at a seminar organized by Studieförbundet Näringsliv och Samhälle (the Centre for Business and Policy Studies). The topic of the seminar was the UK's forthcoming referendum on the agreement with the EU.
The speakers at the seminar were Nicola Clase, Ambassador at the Swedish Embassy in London, and Andreas Hatzigeorgiou, chief economist at the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.
Prins Daniel vid SNS-seminarium - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 03-18-2016, 05:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

The court updated the calendar today. Daniel makes a three day entrepreneurial trip to Germany on 11-13 April with Prince Daniel's Fellowship and its entrepreneurial programme. Two first days they will be in Berlin and the last day in Munich.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 03-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Both Expressen and Svensk Damtidning wrote today articles about how Daniel is returning to work from paternal leave in April, and about Daniel's entrepreneurial trip to Germany on 11-13 April with Prince Daniel's Fellowship and its entrepreneurial programme.
Prins Daniel tillbaka på jobbet efter pappaledigheten _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Prins Daniel avbryter pappaledigheten – åker utomlands _ Svensk Damtidning

The court updated Daniel's calendar today, while he is in Berlin on 11th April, he attends at the opening of the children's book exhibition "Frech, wild & wunderbar - schwedische Kinderbuchwelten".
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 04-06-2016, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel visits today with Prince Daniel's Fellowship entrepreneurial programme first Kungsgårdsgymnasiet and then the campus of the Linköping University in Norrköping (at Estelle's duchy). As inspirators/experts Daniel has with him Stina Honkamaa Bergfors, former ceo of swedish Google and founder of United Screens, Johan Skarborg, founder of Academic Work and food philosopher and chef Renée Voltaire from Renée Voltaire AB.
Prins Daniel till Norrköping - Norrköping - Folkbladet

IVA Prins Daniels Fellowship besöker Norrköping

Daniel has arrived to Kungsgårdsgymnasiet
https://www.facebook.com/svtnyhetero...type=3&theater
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD2c3XjH...ielsfellowship
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...07&oe=577632E1
Expressen's Johan T Lindwall in the background
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD2eIa0D...ielsfellowship

Radio Sweden Östergötland's reporter interviewed Daniel. Daniel said that he was employed, but he wanted to do more. He wanted to serve his clients better and with better quality equipment. When one starts a business, one should try to make a better one than those which already exist. The reporter says that she talked with the students, they were so inspired and happy that you and the entrepreneurs came here and told about entrepreneurship. But everything is not smelling of roses, tell about that. Daniel said that to be an entrepreneur is that you are willing to take risks, and everything doesn't go perfectly for the first time. The surroundings expect that it is either a success or a fiasco. But it isn't so easy. Like when you learn to cycle, you don't have the best balance in the beginning and you may fall. And it is like that with entrepreneurship also, anything isn't easy. The first day for you at the radio wasn't super easy? No, it wasn't, the reporter says. Your role as a prince, what advantage you have in it because you have been an entrepreneur? Daniel says, that this initiative, prince Daniel Fellowship, is a consequence that he has been an entrepreneur, is used to start and drive things, and is dedicated to things he wants to change or make better.
Prins Daniel tipsar om hur man startar eget - P4 Östergötland _ Sveriges Radio
Sveriges Radio P4 Östergötland reporter interviewing Daniel:
https://twitter.com/P4Ostergotland/s...77657731764224

Good photos
Daniel tillbaka på jobbet _ Svensk Damtidning
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD25DWYx...ed=prinsdaniel

Video and photo gallery at this article
It was an energetic and good conversation between Daniel, the entrepreneurs and Kungsgård Students who got the chance to ask questions of the four.
- There is of course a major focus on the prince today but we are very proud of that these business leaders come just to us. It is important to have role models and I am one of them to have lunch with Prince Daniel and it will of course also be great fun, said Madelén Gideonsson, student of Economics.
After the round-table discussions in smaller groups Kungsgårdgymnasiet thanked the entrepreneurs and Daniel each with their own umbrella with the school logo. Prince Daniel also received two secret bags to the two youngest at home at Haga Palace.
Prinsen_ _Viktigt att fler vågar_ - Norrköping - Norrköpings Tidningar
Old 04-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

From the Instagram of one of the experts, Renée Voltaire
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3Jmy7F...ielsfellowship

At the Campus Norrköping of Linköping University
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3L1b4P...-by=kungahuset
https://twitter.com/youngcapitalse/s...19919392124928
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD2_nldP...ed=prinsdaniel
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3HlylvLZT/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3HUPFi...en-by=pulsnytt
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD3YE7GP...ielsfellowship
https://www.facebook.com/StudentUnio...type=3&theater

Prins Daniel i Norrköping med Prins Daniels Fellowship - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Gallery:
ROYAL: Prinz Daniel besucht Norrköping

Johan T Lindwall's article:
Damn, Oscar! It doesn't become any sleep! Prince Daniel is back after his son's birth, revealing spontaneously that the beginning as a new father for two causes problems in everyday life. Night sleep is not what it used to be:
- I have to get to sleep at night to be able to think during the days!
How have the first times as a parent for two children been? How is it with night sleep with a small baby at home at Haga Palace?
Daniel laughed and said quickly:
- It's been great!
- Really! he pointed out. We are so happy, of course.
But how is actually the sleep for parents Daniel and Victoria?
Prince Daniel chose to respond with another question:
- What do you think? Do I see fresh out? he said when he was asked by a reporter from Radio Sweden.
When the answer was just a "Well ..." and the reporter thought that perhaps a "hotel night" might be appropriate Daniel answered quickly:
- No. Unfortunately not.
Later, inside the campus of Linköping University in Norrköping Daniel said when he was speaking:
- Luckily I've done this before for otherwise I get nervous when I'm sitting like this on a stage and everything goes black. I lost it completely. I will probably return to it a little later, said Daniel and cried out suddenly something which made all laugh:
- Damn, Oscar! I must of course be able to sleep at night to be able to think on days!
Thus, even the royals need more sleep!
Prins Daniel om sin yngste_ Jädra Oscar! _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 04-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

SVT Öst interviewed Daniel, video:
Daniel said: I think this is fantastic. It gives so much energy. I like to travel around like this. Having been an entrepreneur has given so much to me. I have a lot to thank my background as an entrepreneur. Courage to do things, to see opportunities and to realize that there is rarely a success at once. One must be sustainable and have the courage to believe in his idea.
Prins Daniels tips till unga företagare - Nyheter _ SVT.se

Galleries
IBL Bildbyrå
Prins Daniel På Besök I Norrköping _ Kungligt

Photos from Kungsgårdsgymnasiet's Facebook. One of the experts, Johan Skarborg, came back to his old school now.
En inspirerande och mycket uppskattad... - Kungsgårdsgymnasiet _ Facebook

Video (it shows also how Daniel got some plaything to Estelle and Oscar as a present)
Prins Daniels Fellowship i Norrköping

LiU-nytt_ Linköpings universitet Prins Daniel föreläste om entreprenörskap

Tags
current events, daniel, prince daniel, sweden