Prince Daniel, Current Events Part 1: June 2010-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
sverige.jpg

Welcome to the 1st thread for Prince Daniel of Sweden´ current events.

Please post current news and pictures of Prince Daniel in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Please do not post the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.

_____

This thread will be opened when prince Daniel comes back from his honeymoon.

Just a quick question - can Daniel horse ride?

I don't know if he can ride a horse, but I know he has a birthday tomorrow, so Happy birthday Prince Daniel!
Congratulations.
Best wishes for a healthy and successful year.

Prince Daniel speaks during the midnight mass at the Ockelbochurch

Daniels fräcka kupp*i kyrkan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

He was in the church with his mom and dad and a securityguard, but no Victoria

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/1.2266801/daniel-overraskade-ockelbo-holl-tal

He told about one time were a papparazzi had parked near the house and a neighbour didnt like it. The neighbour was out watering the lawn so he turned the waterhose on the papparazzi that sat with the window of the car open and the papparazzi took the hint and drove away

Last edited:
Very nice that he kept that kind of speech. The article says that nobody in the church knew it before except the priest who suddenly said that he wants to give the stage for Prince Daniel now.

Why does Aftonbladet not allow their page to be translated? I no longer bother to go to their page but use Expressen instead as they allow translation.

Very nice of him that he showed up in Ockelbo with such a kind of speech. It must have been a nice surprise for all people there.

And I'm glad he had his first assignment alone this week.

I find it a strange thing to do during a mass. :ermm: It's about christmas, not about Prince Daniel, after all. During the mass on the highest christian holiday this seems misplaced to me.

I find it a strange thing to do during a mass. :ermm: It's about christmas, not about Prince Daniel, after all. During the mass on the highest christian holiday this seems misplaced to me.
From what I understand the speech was after the mass, not during it....and I'm sure the priest knew what he/she was doing when allowing it.

In the Finnish newspaper they call it "Christmas concert" and not a mass. But German paper calls it a mass.

According to Expressen, it was a midnight concert, which is a tradition in Ockelbo at Christimas.
GD says that it was a midnight mass with a concert.
Prins Daniel jultalade i Ockelbo - GD

Last edited:
Shows how much J T Lindwall knew. He wasnt supposed to leave Haga/Drottningholm at all this Christmas

If the persons involved thought it appropriate we can perhaps assume it was. The very frequent negative comments and assumptions that the royal families have no clue what is appropriate or acceptable is very strange.

If the persons involved thought it appropriate we can perhaps assume it was. The very frequent negative comments and assumptions that the royal families have no clue what is appropriate or acceptable is very strange.

Well since the swedish prince is dating that woman - I am not so sure if royalty knows necessarily what is appropriate and what not :whistling:.

However, where I come from it would be totally inappropriate to have a speech by a private person during the christmas midnight mass. I have to add that I am catholic. But as I understand it was in fact a mass cum concert and as such a social gathering, which changes the situation very much.

:ermm: Whoever makes "very frequent negative comments" - it can't be me. I do not make frequent comments anyway.

Well, since i didnt check yesterday on Ockelbochurch website i didnt know what i was talking about. It had to be the midnightconcert 23 december because there was no midnightcermony on the 24th.

Lorette: In Sweden we arent catholics, we are supposed to be Lutherans, but our church is something in the order of "We think god exist, but we do know that the Socialdemocratic order exist"

Can we please get back to what sounds like, from what I know, Daniel's first solo engagement where he also gave a speech? So what if it isn't what would have happened where you live. This is Sweden and I'm sure it was approved by those of the Church/Priest/Minister well in advance, so what's the big deal? All that matters is that it was okay there. That's it, that's all.

Sorry Mods for that, but I do tend to get irritated when it comes to something like this and if I overstepped my bounds, I truly am sorry.

It does sound very much like he pulled it off well and if Victoria wasn't able to be there, I'm glad his Parents were. He had to have been nervous and it never hurts to have Family there to support you when it comes to public speaking. :)

I hope they had a lovely Christmas Day yesterday and that the ham ended up being delicious. :D

Since he wanted to express his thanks to the town as a whole, this was a good opportunity to address a large group of people in a low-key, discreet way. If it was done after the service/concert, and with the consent of the people in charge, I personally think it was an appropriate- and very nice- thing to do.

Lorette: In Sweden we arent catholics, we are supposed to be Lutherans, but our church is something in the order of "We think god exist, but we do know that the Socialdemocratic order exist"

:flowers: Why, thank you Mattep74, that is just what I thought - that I don't really know how you folks handle your religion. I actually contemplated a scenario like the one you wittily explain.

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
Its funny that Daniel in the church say "Thank you for not telling anyone that Victoria or me is here" and the next day we see two pictures from the church in the two main tabloids.

I wounder if Daniel went up to those two and said "Its ok for you to send them to the papers." This is the first pictures in almost 10 years taken by ANYONE(not papparazzi) in Ockelbo of those two that came into the papers

I guess it was too hard to resist, especially if the papers pay for them. Although 2 out of 400 who were there is pretty good.

On "Noblesse et Royautes" it's written that Victoria is going to take part in World Energy Summit in the UAE in 17-19 January (this time without Daniel) so I suppose we will not hear "this particular announcement" this month...

It is understood that Victoria will undertake some assignments without Daniel.
That said, I am surprised they (the court) have not yet given Daniel some sort of assignment, project, charitable "cause" of his own with a public profile. It's been several months since the wedding and more than a year since he started "prince school".
I am sure Prince school is good, but now it should be time to practice what he has learned. The man has proven a pretty good public speaker so far, so why not?

RIght now seeing his agenda totally empty in the court calendar doesn't give a good impression.

It is understood that Victoria will undertake some assignments without Daniel.
That said, I am surprised they (the court) have not yet given Daniel some sort of assignment, project, charitable "cause" of his own with a public profile. It's been several months since the wedding and more than a year since he started "prince school".
I am sure Prince school is good, but now it should be time to practice what he has learned. The man has proven a pretty good public speaker so far, so why not?

RIght now seeing his agenda totally empty in the court calendar doesn't give a good impression.

I've been wondering the same thing. Why there is nothing in his calendar? Why he couldn't already have some own assignments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom