Prince Daniel, Current Events Part 1: June 2010-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Do we have the count of engagement that Daniel do per year along with the rest of the Swedish family?

Since the last trimester of Victoria's pregnancy the royal house has had Daniel everywhere all the time. That man's been more than pulling his weight in royal appearances! :)

Next week will be busy for Daniel:
On Monday he visits Innovationsbron in Stockholm.
On Tuesday he visits the Clinical Research Center in Malmö. The CRC brings together research, teaching and health care under one roof.
http://translate.google.fi/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mynewsdesk.com%2Fse%2Fpressroom%2Fhjart-lungfonden%2Fpressrelease%2Fview%2Fh-k-h-prins-daniel-besoeker-forskare-vid-clinical-research-center-i-malmoe-paa-tisdag-764583
On Thursday he visits Industrivärden, one of the biggest Nordic region's leading holding companies
On Saturday he attends at the inauguration of the Royal. Drottningholms Golf Club's newly renovated golf course in Drottningholm

Last edited:
Since the last trimester of Victoria's pregnancy the royal house has had Daniel everywhere all the time. That man's been more than pulling his weight in royal appearances! :)

The Swedish like him, that's for sure. He has shown them that he is a strong support for his wife, that he makes her happy, he helped securing the line of succession. In addition he is a humble, polite man who has no apparent problem with stepping back behind his wife and her family, so impersonates a lot of the values that are important in Sweden. He sticks to his roots, too and introduced Victoria, the future queen to the everyday life of her future people. Can't he be more right for his position? :flowers:

The Swedish like him, that's for sure. He has shown them that he is a strong support for his wife, that he makes her happy, he helped securing the line of succession. In addition he is a humble, polite man who has no apparent problem with stepping back behind his wife and her family, so impersonates a lot of the values that are important in Sweden. He sticks to his roots, too and introduced Victoria, the future queen to the everyday life of her future people. Can't he be more right for his position? :flowers:
The Swedes also know that he had accomplished much more than just being a "personal trainer" when he met Victoria.

The more I see of Daniel I get the impression that he's the person to fill in the shoes of prince Bertil, rather than Carl Philip.

The more I see of Daniel I get the impression that he's the person to fill in the shoes of prince Bertil, rather than Carl Philip.
Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip are actually dividing the role and interests of Prince Bertil. Prince Carl Philip will be the "motorprince" and Prince Daniel will be the sports prince. A natural division considering their individual interests.

Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip are actually dividing the role and interests of Prince Bertil. Prince Carl Philip will be the "motorprince" and Prince Daniel will be the sports prince. A natural division considering their individual interests.
I wasn't thinking about prince Bertil being the "motorprince", I was thinking about the large amout of PR-work prince Bertil did both in Sweden and especially abroad for the Swedish industry over the years, to help promote the sale of Swedish goods.

From Iltasanomat:
Lennart Ribohn, board member and former vice president of Electrolux, told to Expressen, that Daniel's orthodox and swift action saved his life in October 2008. Ribohn had a workout in Daniel's gym, when he suddenly had a heart attack and his heart stopped.
- Ambulance arrival was delayed, but they got my heart started with a defibrillator, fortunately. Otherwise it would have gone badly, Ribohn said.
Daniel was the first on the scene to help Ribohn.
- We waited for an ambulance for 45 minutes, Daniel commented for Expressen.
Since then, Daniel has campaigned actively with on behalf of the people who have had heart diseases and cardiac arrest.
The Prince's exemplary act came up on Tuesday, when Daniel was at a visit in Clinical Research Center in Malmö as an honorary member of the Board of Directors of the Heart-Lung Foundation.
Prinssi Daniel pelasti miehen hengen - Ilta-Sanomat

The Secretary General of the Swedish Heart-Lung Foundation, Staffan Josephson, told on Tuesday during Daniel's visit in Malmö, that the Foundation is starting a big effort to help people when their heart stops. An extensive campaign aims to get defibrillators to as many places as possible around Sweden.
- Prince Daniel suggested this campaign, and we think that it was a very good idea, Josephson told to Expressen.
During the visit, it was revealed how close the subject actually is to Prince Daniel. Indeed, he rescued a man who had a heart attack four years ago at his gym. Lennart Ribohn says: I am eternally grateful to Daniel and others who helped me. Without them I would not have survived. Daniel's activity is commendable. And I'm not surprised that Daniel is so committed to the project. He has seen up close, how important this machine is when the heart stops.
- Daniel also stated that if there would not have been a defibrillator at the gym, Ribohn would have perished, Heart-Lung Foundation´s Secretary-General told to Expressen.
Prinssi Danielin uroteko: Pelasti miehen hengen | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi

Last edited:
Today Daniel visited Industrivärden, one of the leading holding companies in nordic countries.
"During his visit at Industrivärden on May 31, H.R.H. Prince Daniel showed his great interest in Swedish industry and its future prospects. We are very pleased of the attention and place great value on H.R.H. Prince Daniel's engagement," said Anders Nyren, CEO of Industrivärden. From the left of the picture, Sverker Martin-Löf; Chairman, H.R.H. Prince Daniel and Anders Nyren; President.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301698_382366901822228_797597622_n.jpg

Today Daniel visited Industrivärden, one of the leading holding companies in nordic countries.
"During his visit at Industrivärden on May 31, H.R.H. Prince Daniel showed his great interest in Swedish industry and its future prospects. We are very pleased of the attention and place great value on H.R.H. Prince Daniel's engagement," said Anders Nyren, CEO of Industrivärden.
This is exactly the kind of work I was thinking about when I wrote that prince Daniel seems to be taking over the duties that prince Bertil had from the 1940:ies and onwards.

A video of Daniel reinaugurating the golf course of Royal Drottningholm Golf Club, from court's Vimeo:
Prins Daniel återinviger Drottningholms Golfklubb on Vimeo

On Wednesday The Europa Tour Golf competition Nordea Masters starts at Bro Hof Castle course. But already on Tuesday morning at 07.30 a stellar trio comes to the range.
A golf pro. A hockey legend. A Swedish prince. Prince Daniel plays the track along with former NHL-star Mats Sundin and swedish professional golfer Johan Edfors.
The prince is an outspoken golf fan and a sharp one having a handicap of around 4.
- It will be exciting. I have not played with him before so it'll be fun, says Swedish home player Johan Edfors.
You, Prince and Sundin - how do you see it?
- Really fun. It will be great fun.
Prins Daniel testar Bro Hof före stortävlingen | Sport | Expressen
Google translation

Publikdragare - redan i morgon - golf.se
Google translation

Later today Daniel attends at the "Special Olympics Day", where 300 young people from special schools are competing in athletics. Special Olympics provides young people with developmental disabilities an opportunity to test their willingness and ability in a competition where the most important thing is not to win, but to try!
Prins Daniel på Special Olympics » Arena Stockholm 2012
Google translation

Last edited:
Photso from the golf course
http://eastongolf.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/img_1803.jpg
http://nordeamasters.se/source.php?id=1480863&image_constraints=472x708
http://nordeamasters.se/source.php?id=1480865&image_constraints=473x709
http://nordeamasters.se/source.php?id=1480867&image_constraints=474x711
http://nordeamasters.se/source.php?id=1480869&image_constraints=475x712

Daniel told to Aftonbladet yesterday at the Special Olympics, that Estelle is doing fine and growing so fast. Daniel asked: Do I look tired? That can be the case, sometimes the sleep is quite short. Daniel was asked, what changes the birth of Estelle has brought to their lives. Daniel said that now he and Victoria walk with Estelle every day at the Haga Park. These normal days with Estelle are wonderful, she is so incredibly cute. I'm so happy to be her father.
Väsynyt prinssi Daniel avautui vauva-arjesta | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi
Prinssi Daniel avautuu isyydestään - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom