The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel met today (unannounced, outside the royal calendar) the winners of UR's Rhetoric Match with sixth graders from across the country competing in the art of listening and speaking well.
Prins Daniel gav företräde för vinnarna i Retorikmatchen - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation

"My emotions were all over the place", says Viggo Klementsson, after meeting Prince Daniel and talked with him about rhetoric.
UR - Sveriges Utbildningsradio AB - Retorikvinnarna träffar Prins Daniel - Mynewsdesk
Google translation
HQ photos
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0400010030...00369451886922
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0400010030...00369451886922

The winners said that they got an extra bonus, prince Daniel had heard about Retorikmatchen and wanted to talk with the winners.
Så blir du bättre på att hålla tal - Commersen

Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel presented today the Swedish Heart-Lung Foundation's research grant, at the Bernadotte Library at the Royal Palace.
Video from the royal court Vimeo
Prins Daniel vid inledningen av utdelningen av Hjärt-Lungfondens Stora Forskningsanslag on Vimeo

Daniel handed out the research grant, 15 million SEK, to Ulf Eriksson, professor of vascular biochemistry at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm.
Stora forskningsanslaget gick till professor från KI - Hjärt-Lungfonden

Crown Princess Victoria had to wait. That they were celebrating their wedding day didn't stop Prince Daniel from working. The prince did his last official duty before the holidays, when he as an honorary member of Heart-Lung Foundation handed out the Heart-Lung Foundation Major research grant of 15 million SEK to Ulf Eriksson, professor of vascular biochemistry at the Karolinska Institute. Prince Daniel is deeply involved in issues of health, wellness and preventive care and has been involved in the foundation because cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in Sweden. The Prince himself has been studying some of the most common diseases - obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease - at the Karolinska Institute. - It has given me a lot and also reinforced my positive image of the work which the Heart-Lung Foundation is doing, said the prince in his opening speech at the Bernadotte Library.
Daniel firade sin bröllopsdag med att prisa professor | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Photos
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020...01768191889262
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0131774508.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0131774510.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0131774513.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0131774509.jpg

Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel met on Monday the winners of UR's Rhetoric Match. At an hour meeting Daniel told to the winners about his wedding speech. He had decided to give it in english, but he learned that the king would give his speech in swedish, so he changed the speech a bit so that it was a mixture. Daniel told that Victoria had done many things which he thought were sweet and he wanted to include them in his speech, but he chose one (the 30 letters).
One of the pupils told that they discussed how they think it is best to prepare when they are going to give a speech and how he writes his speeches.
“I thought he would be a little more stiff but he was absolutely not. As soon as he came in the room, he created the atmosphere.”
Prins Daniel avslöjade sin hemlighet för Maud - Nyheter P4 Blekinge
Google translation
Old 06-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel visited Entreprenörskapsforum (The Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum) on 11th June.
H.K.H. Prins Daniel besökte Entreprenörskapsforum | Entreprenörskapsforum
Old 07-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel visited the Gothia Cup in Gothenburg today. It's a football tournament. All clubs, which are members of their FIFA affiliated national associations, are welcome to participate in the Gothia Cup.
Royal visit at the tournament today « Gothia Cup
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel visited the Gothia Cup in Gothenburg today. It's a football tournament. All clubs, which are members of their FIFA affiliated national associations, are welcome to participate in the Gothia Cup.
Royal visit at the tournament today « Gothia Cup
if the state department grants them VISAs that is. A Syrian team has been turned down
Old 07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prins Daniel besökte Gothia Cup - Sveriges Kungahus
Prince Daniel attends Gothia Cup - Sveriges Kungahus

Videos
http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/k...pa-gothia-cup/
http://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/...affade-spelare

Prins Daniel om Estelles framtida karriär « Hovbloggen

Yesterday, when Daniel was going to Gothenburg to Gothia Cup, he stopped at McDonalds in Falkenberg. He and the people with him ordered some sort of hamburgers, tells the restaurant manager Henrik Bengtsson.
- I took a photo of him, but he asked what I'd used it and I said truthfully that I was going to have it to a Facebook group for us restaurant managers, says Henrik Bengtsson.
So there will be no photo from lunch here in the newspaper because Bengtsson stands by his word.
http://hn.se/nyheter/falkenberg/1.17...h-i-falkenberg
Google translation

From PurePeople
Prince Daniel : Idole des jeunes lors d'un tournoi, avant les JO avec Victoria
Old 08-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel visited today STING, Stockholm Innovation & Growth. This visit wasn't at his calendar.
Prins Daniel besöker STING och diskuterar entreprenörskap | STING Stockholm Innovation & Growth
Google translation

Prins Daniel besökte STING - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 09-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel attended at the centenary celebrations of Råsunda Golf course.
Like several other contributors he selected period costume - with socks, cap and knickers.
- Stylish clothes huh, joked the prince when parts of the press corps did not at first recognize him.
- I have played golf since I was 20 years old and have more than four, yes, almost five as my handicap, explained Daniel afterwards.

This fall, he will not have as much time for golf, because the prince will take parental leave - as the first Swedish royal.
- Yes, the handicap will probably not be as good after that, said Daniel with a laugh before he was driven home to Haga Palace.
A video and photos
Daniels handikapp: ”Nästan fem” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

More photos, from Sundbyberg Stad Facebook
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...63787593_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...42775654_n.jpg
Old 09-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Saturday when he was golfing, Daniel used golf clubs used by Crown Princess Margareta in 1914.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Prins Daniel vid Stockholms golfklubbs 100-årsjubileum - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Now Daniel has arrived to the Paralympics, I put the photos at this thread
2012 Paralympic Games in London, August 29 - September 9, 2012
Old 09-15-2012, 05:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

From a blog of someone present at the Sickla Health Center
RawSweden' - Prins Daniel kommer och hälsar på i morgon!
Translation

RawSweden' - Prins Daniel!
Translation

Daniel got interested in Sickla Health Center's 90+ aerobics after seeing the short film "Aldrig för sent – gympagrupp 90 +"
You can see the film here
Prins Daniel och kortfilmen | Kortfilm | SVT.se
Old 09-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=LadyFinn From a blog of someone present at the Sickla Health Center
[URL="http://rawsweden.blogg.se/2012/september/prins-daniel-kommer-och-halsar-pa-i-morgon.html"]RawSweden' - Prins Daniel kommer och hälsar på i morgon![/URL]
Translation

RawSweden' - Prins Daniel!
Translation

What is "RawSweden"? My security program absolutely will not let me get to this site. I have to admit the name of the site sounds suspicious.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

RawSweden is just one blog. I had no problem with it.

From a blog of one of the photographers that attended Daniel's visit to Sickla. He writes that Daniel came to shook his hand and introduced himself. So friendly, open and spontaneous !
Prince Daniel & the 90′s club | helvoort blog

A video of the visit at Aftonbladet. The first man interviewed is 98 years old, he thought it was great to meet Daniel. The lady interviewed is 92 years old. She says that Daniel could be a gym instructor and a prince, but just one at a time. She says Daniel is really capable and that she talked with Daniel about that she has been playing ball. At the end Daniel talks with a man who tells him that he trains once a week and asks if it should be more. Perhaps in two days a week, since I understood that you really want to develop, says Daniel.
Daniel laughed to Aftonbladet's Mattias Sandberg that he talked for the most time and "disturbed" training. Daniel - who currently takes some of his paternity leave at Haga Palace - also revealed that he did not train as much as in the past.
- There will be just enough. A couple of times a week, sometimes maybe three or four times, he said.

How he and Victoria will celebrate Prince's 39th birthday Daniel did not reveal.
- I have not decided it yet, he said on Friday, and laughed.
Kunglighet i kostym peppade pensionärer | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 09-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel visits Kiruna and LKAB on Thursday and Friday.
Daniel arrives together with the Minister for Financial Markets Peter Norman, visits LKAB's research and development center in Malmberget. Then they fo to tour Svappavaara where Prince should be informed about LKAB:s plans for the future - including the three planned new open pits.
On Friday at the program is a visit to the mine and processing plants in Kiruna. As the last item on the program, Prince Daniel meets students and teachers on the Lappland's gymnasium/high school.
Kunglig yra i Malmfälten - - Kiruna - Nyheter - Norrländska Socialdemokraten - NORRLÄNDSKA SOCIALDEMOKRATEN

Two possibilities for the press to take photos and interview Daniel:
On Friday at 10.30 at pelletizing
On Friday at 12.30 at the School
Prins Daniel besöker LKAB och Lapplands gymnasium - LKAB=
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photo at court Facebook, Daniel at LKAB's research and development center in Malmberget.
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38770278_n.jpg

At the royal court's website about Daniel's visit to LKAB and to the school.
Prins Daniel besökte LKAB - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

About Daniel's visit to LKAB and the mine
Kungligt besök i gruvstaden - Nyheter - Kuriren - Norrbottens-Kuriren
Translation

About the visit to the school
Kirunaelever träffade Prins Daniel - - Kiruna - Nyheter - Norrländska Socialdemokraten - NORRLÄNDSKA SOCIALDEMOKRATEN
Translation
Old 09-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Majesty

I must say Prince Daniel has really taken on his royal role with full energy and bravery.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, Daniel has become quite the hard working royal. I love that he has a sense of humour and seems to be growing into his role as Victoria's consort. I think he looked absolutely wonderful in his Plus Fours and flat hat. Very debonair.

Tags
prince daniel