The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

The date has been set on june 19th 2010 at the Storkyrken as was announced by the Royal Palace today!
The wedding day of her parents who married on june 19th 1976,but in the Riddarholmskirkan

Official announcement at the Royal House website:

http://www.kungahuset.se/5.6b0698e91...880007338.html

Old 03-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Great news!!!
I guess the symbol is important!!!

Thanks

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 03-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness

Good news for Victoria, Daniel and Swedish Royal Family, but I was surprised I was waiting for the date in 2009.
What I was wondering why in 2009 to avoid
Old 03-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post

The date has been set on june 19th 2010 at the Storkyrken as was announced by the Royal Palace today!
The wedding day of her parents who married at the same spot on june 19th 1976

Official announcement at the Royal House website:

Vigsel mellan Kronprinsessan Victoria och herr Daniel Westling - Kungahuset [NS4 version]
Not only her parents:
Also Oscar I. and Josephine of Leucthenberg in 1823 and Carl XV. and Louise of the Netherlands in 1850. And the future Oscar II,. and hise new wife Siophie, née of nassau arrived on that day in Sweden in 1857 after their Wedding in Biebrich, Germany.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Not only her parents:
Also Oscar I. and Josephine of Leucthenberg in 1823 and Carl XV. and Louise of the Netherlands in 1850. And the future Oscar II,. and hise new wife Siophie, née of nassau arrived on that day in Sweden in 1857 after their Wedding in Biebrich, Germany.
Hardly a coincidence then...:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages

See you all there!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Oh that's a great date to be married - just before Midsummer's Night! I can't wait to hear more details as they are announced!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Courtier

I knew it!!! I was right!

I'm always happy to hear more about the happy event!

Hmm... That date also happens to be my niece's third birthday... I hope I'll be able to watch the wedding live!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:19 PM

Come to think of it, Britain's Prince Edward married Sophie Rhys-Jones at June 19th as well!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Courtier

I had a feeling they will choose this date....
Old 03-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

quite sweet that they chose the same date as carl gustav and silvia's. i'm glad they are already organizing it, it's going to be such an event! i really can't wait. it's a shame it's still one year to go!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Good news.
And so long to waite.

Other some events on 19 June:
birth: James I/VI (1566),
Wallis Simpson (1896)
death: Maximilian I of Mexico (1867)

Btw. not exactly on 19 June but Victoria's other close or distant relatives who married on June:
greatgrandparents married on 15 June 1905 (Gustaf VI Adolf and Margaret),
her three aunts: Margaretha 30 Jun, Desiree 5 Jun, Christina 15 Jun;
other Sibylla Ambler 19 June 1998, Baron Otto Silfverschiold 18 June 2005, Counts Brigitta, Carl Johann 2 and 3 wedding, Catherina, Ebba, Kristin, Carl Johann, Gunnar, Prince/Count Carl Gustaf 3 marriage.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

19th June 2010
I can't wait.
I have a good feeling about this wedding.
x
Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such a long wait after such a long courtship...... I think it is too much !
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Good news for Victoria, Daniel and Swedish Royal Family, but I was surprised I was waiting for the date in 2009.

What I was wondering why in 2009 to avoid

Because there isn't enough time to plan the wedding for this year. I mean, she wants to get married in early June, and it's almost April. That's not even close to being enough time.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Cant wait ! 2 days before Prince Williams 27th B Day
Old 03-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Royal Highness

Victoria & Daniel to marry June 19, 2010

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Victoria & Daniel to marry June 19, 2010
Old 03-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

I suposse that everything the palace is capable of, if Victoria wanted to be married in June 09 she could. I have a hard time believing that "they" could not pull off such an extragavent and over the top wedding in such a few short weeks if that is what Victoria wanted.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
I suposse that everything the palace is capable of, if Victoria wanted to be married in June 09 she could. I have a hard time believing that "they" could not pull off such an extragavent and over the top wedding in such a few short weeks if that is what Victoria wanted.
Agreed...in 1976 they could do it as well (and it also was a big "media wedding") and in 1999 Philippe and Mathilde could also marry after 3 months engagement time.
And Royal funerals can be arranged within days.
Besides they also could have married a little later...e.g. in late August and would have also had nice summer weather (or at least a good chance for it )

Personally I think Daniel wants a sloooow goodbye from his old life. Aftonbladet was reporting today, that Daniel wouldn´t follow (more) duties until the wedding. I´ve no idea, how this is meant, but it does sound a bit weird and I am hoping, that this long engagement time wouldn´t "backfire" (PR-wise...I mean)

Their wedding date could clash with the Swedish national team playing at the FIFA World Cup. Aftonbladet made a poll and 70% said, that they would choose soccer, if they would have to choose. Victoria & Daniel better hope Sweden wouldn´t qualify at all
Old 03-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

I'm very excited for this royal wedding. I wasn't a royal watcher when the other big weddings (Frederik & Mary, Felipe & Letizia, etc) took place, so this will be my first one. It should be lovely.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Gentry

My first thought about the wedding being held in 2010 and not 2009 was that they were waiting a little bit in the hopes that the economic situation will have improved by then. Some people might take offense to a big wedding being thrown in the particular economic climate in which the world is right now. Not everyone but some people.