Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:swedenstandard:

The date has been set on june 19th 2010 at the Storkyrken as was announced by the Royal Palace today!
The wedding day of her parents who married on june 19th 1976,but in the Riddarholmskirkan:)

Official announcement at the Royal House website:

http://www.kungahuset.se/5.6b0698e911fa8f9005880007338.html

Last edited:
Great news!!!
I guess the symbol is important!!!

Thanks

Good news for Victoria, Daniel and Swedish Royal Family, but I was surprised I was waiting for the date in 2009.
What I was wondering why in 2009 to avoid​

The date has been set on june 19th 2010 at the Storkyrken as was announced by the Royal Palace today!
The wedding day of her parents who married at the same spot on june 19th 1976:)

Vigsel mellan Kronprinsessan Victoria och herr Daniel Westling - Kungahuset [NS4 version]

Not only her parents:
Also Oscar I. and Josephine of Leucthenberg in 1823 and Carl XV. and Louise of the Netherlands in 1850. And the future Oscar II,. and hise new wife Siophie, née of nassau arrived on that day in Sweden in 1857 after their Wedding in Biebrich, Germany.

Not only her parents:
Also Oscar I. and Josephine of Leucthenberg in 1823 and Carl XV. and Louise of the Netherlands in 1850. And the future Oscar II,. and hise new wife Siophie, née of nassau arrived on that day in Sweden in 1857 after their Wedding in Biebrich, Germany.

Hardly a coincidence then...:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages

See you all there!!!

:flowers:

Oh that's a great date to be married - just before Midsummer's Night! I can't wait to hear more details as they are announced!

I knew it!!! I was right! :clap:

I'm always happy to hear more about the happy event! :)

Hmm... That date also happens to be my niece's third birthday... I hope I'll be able to watch the wedding live!

Come to think of it, Britain's Prince Edward married Sophie Rhys-Jones at June 19th as well!

quite sweet that they chose the same date as carl gustav and silvia's. i'm glad they are already organizing it, it's going to be such an event! i really can't wait. it's a shame it's still one year to go!

Good news.
And so long to waite.

Other some events on 19 June:
birth: James I/VI (1566),
Wallis Simpson (1896)
death: Maximilian I of Mexico (1867)

Btw. not exactly on 19 June but Victoria's other close or distant relatives who married on June:
greatgrandparents married on 15 June 1905 (Gustaf VI Adolf and Margaret),
her three aunts: Margaretha 30 Jun, Desiree 5 Jun, Christina 15 Jun;
other Sibylla Ambler 19 June 1998, Baron Otto Silfverschiold 18 June 2005, Counts Brigitta, Carl Johann 2 and 3 wedding, Catherina, Ebba, Kristin, Carl Johann, Gunnar, Prince/Count Carl Gustaf 3 marriage.

19th June 2010
I can't wait.
I have a good feeling about this wedding.
x

Such a long wait after such a long courtship...... I think it is too much !

Good news for Victoria, Daniel and Swedish Royal Family, but I was surprised I was waiting for the date in 2009.

What I was wondering why in 2009 to avoid​

Because there isn't enough time to plan the wedding for this year. I mean, she wants to get married in early June, and it's almost April. That's not even close to being enough time.

Cant wait ! 2 days before Prince Williams 27th B Day

I suposse that everything the palace is capable of, if Victoria wanted to be married in June 09 she could. I have a hard time believing that "they" could not pull off such an extragavent and over the top wedding in such a few short weeks if that is what Victoria wanted.

I suposse that everything the palace is capable of, if Victoria wanted to be married in June 09 she could. I have a hard time believing that "they" could not pull off such an extragavent and over the top wedding in such a few short weeks if that is what Victoria wanted.

Agreed...in 1976 they could do it as well (and it also was a big "media wedding") and in 1999 Philippe and Mathilde could also marry after 3 months engagement time.
And Royal funerals can be arranged within days.
Besides they also could have married a little later...e.g. in late August and would have also had nice summer weather (or at least a good chance for it ;))

Personally I think Daniel wants a sloooow goodbye from his old life. Aftonbladet was reporting today, that Daniel wouldn´t follow (more) duties until the wedding. I´ve no idea, how this is meant, but it does sound a bit weird and I am hoping, that this long engagement time wouldn´t "backfire" (PR-wise...I mean)

Their wedding date could clash with the Swedish national team playing at the FIFA World Cup. Aftonbladet made a poll and 70% said, that they would choose soccer, if they would have to choose. Victoria & Daniel better hope Sweden wouldn´t qualify at all ;)

I'm very excited for this royal wedding. I wasn't a royal watcher when the other big weddings (Frederik & Mary, Felipe & Letizia, etc) took place, so this will be my first one. It should be lovely. :)

My first thought about the wedding being held in 2010 and not 2009 was that they were waiting a little bit in the hopes that the economic situation will have improved by then. Some people might take offense to a big wedding being thrown in the particular economic climate in which the world is right now. Not everyone but some people.

I had a feeling they will choose this date....

Me too. It has nothing to do with the fact that CP Victorias parents (and then some couples) married that day. I just "felt" that they would pick that day as well.

I was all the way pretty sure they would get married before July 1st anyway, because of summervacations of all kind of guests who will be there.

I'll be glued to my TV that day. :flowers:

It's so nice that they finally chose a date! I still think that it's a little sad they don't marry in 2009, but okay... they chose a nice date. :)

Didn't they say during the announcement that the wedding wouldn't be until next year, or was I just dreaming?

I guess the other thing is that there wouldn't be much time to organise a royal wedding like this for this (northern) summer. This way there is plenty of time.

I think 2010 is some sort of anniversary of the ruling house (200th?). It's probably easier to slip a lavish wedding in among the festivities than to have it a year earlier or later.

The wedding day of her parents who married on june 19th 1976,but in the Riddarholmskirkan:)

http://www.kungahuset.se/5.6b0698e911fa8f9005880007338.html

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia Sommerlath got married in Storkyrkan - Riddarholmskyrkan is the church where many swedish royals are buried... :)

Wow, interesting info, Soli Deo Gloria.
I hope the marriage would be as successful and happy as her parents did.

I think 2010 is some sort of anniversary of the ruling house (200th?). It's probably easier to slip a lavish wedding in among the festivities than to have it a year earlier or later.
In 2010 it is 200 years that the french Marshall Jean Baptiste Berndaotte was elected as Crown princ of Sweden. He succeeded as King in 1818.

Good news !
I'm very excited for this royal wedding, cant wait to see princess Victoria married !

A very nice wedding present! The palace is quite beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom