Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems like a rather difficult task.

Jonas Bergström saw the procession go by him, and he realised immediately, that "Victoria and Daniel" were stunts.
I guess this was the maxium dose "V&D wedding", he will and want get. :whistling:
I bet on Saturday his TV set is off or he will watch soccer

Here´s the time table of the wedding festivities:
Bröllopsfesten dag-för-dag | Svensk Damtidning

The international press and media goes to Ockelbo, frst up is a German television crew from the main channel ARD. - The interest in Germany is huge - Silvia is our own queen, says reporter Tatjana Reiff.
"Intresset i Tyskland är jättestort" - Bröllopet | Expressen
Google Translator

The reporters of Aftonbladet prepare for a busy weekend - with Daniel T-shirts on!
Daniel - det går bra nu! « Hovbloggen

Ship Gotheborg, a full-scale replica of the historic East Indian merchant vessel 'Gotheborg', arrived to Stockholm today, to take part in the celebrations of the royal wedding.
Daylife
Rovers of the royal sloop 'Vasaorden' rehearse in front of the amusement park Grona Lund in Stockholm today. The sloop will take Victoria and Daniel to the Royal Palace after the cortege through Stockholm.
Daylife
Marcus Zinner cleans a statue outside the Royal Palace in today, as part of the preparations for the royal wedding.
Daylife

Ok.. so I am sure this is posted, but I cannot find it. What time, in regular time, NOT military or Greenwich Mean Time, does the wedding start, as Sweden is 7 hours ahead of Chicago? I am not going to miss this...lol.....

We don't have a complete list yet; an actual guest list for the wedding itself hasn't been released either.

I've posted a couple of helpful guides at my blog, though: here's an annotated version of the guest list for the pre-wedding events released by Aftonbladet, and here's a wedding info post that includes a list of the royals who have confirmed they will attend. Hope those help!

Those are very helpful links.
I see lots of Jordanians attending. Prince Hassan and Princes Sarvath are also good friends of the SRF. If the list is to be believed we just might see Princess Fahdah in public for the first time.
I don't see any Moroccan royals though. It'd be great if Lalla Salma attended a European wedding for once.

Those are very helpful links.
I see lots of Jordanians attending. Prince Hassan and Princes Sarvath are also good friends of the SRF. If the list is to be believed we just might see Princess Fahdah in public for the first time.

Just as a caution, that pre-wedding events guest list is apparently of those invited, but not necessarily of those attending. For example, we already know that Princes William and Harry will not be there, but their names are on the list.

I do hope several of the Jordanians show up, though! King Abdullah and Queen Rania are the only ones confirmed so far.

Ok.. so I am sure this is posted, but I cannot find it. What time, in regular time, NOT military or Greenwich Mean Time, does the wedding start, as Sweden is 7 hours ahead of Chicago? I am not going to miss this...lol.....

The wedding itself starts at 8:30 am Chicago time on Saturday morning.

Final countdown... i´m so exited.
Does anyone know when the first Royals will arive at Stockholm? I´m going to fly on Thursday morning from Germany to Stockholm.

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands will arrive on Friday.

Source: RVD

Josette

Is still clear, which Belgium Royals will attend the wedding?

An RTL Boulevard item about the flowers that will be used:

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/index_video.xml

Go to: Royalty. And on this page, click on the item of 11-6-2010 'Danke für die Blumen'

Apparently the roses are named 'Miss Piggy' (not kidding). It seems to be a gift from some Dutch flower association, they did the same for all Dutch royal marriages and for the ones of Philippe and Felipe.

Aren't rain drops on a wedding dress supposed to bring good luck ;)?

Aren't rain drops on a wedding dress supposed to bring good luck ;)?

That's what I thought too! Or well, more specifically rain on the wedding day. Maybe it'll be a drizzle in the morning and then the sun will come out later.

I just hope we don't have a Felipe and Letizia moment where it starts raining on people, because some important guests are suppose to walk from the royal palace to the church, this site says its more of a chance in the morning than in the afternoon.

Oh no...is it supposed to rain June 19th? I've heard that rain on a wedding day is bad luck. Hopefully it'll be a rain of blessings.

Weather forecast at this moment say it will rain a bit and be a bit sunny Saturday 19th. 15 degrees celcius in average temperature.

I hope it is the famous drops of rain in the veil for luck! Just a few drops, I hope, I don't want them to get totally soaked. One drop is enough!! ;)

Are Victoria and Daniel going on honeymoon? If they are, where are they going?

I think their honeymoon is private information.

From Aftonbladet about the royals staying in Stockholm:
The most prominent royals stay at the Royal Palace.
- The castle is one large hotel and can accommodate several hundred people, said the court intendent Carin Bergström.
The Sommerlath family stays at the Drottningholm Palace. The king has also booked up half of the Grand Hotel for the guests.
Some of the oldest monarchies from the Netherlands, Japan, Luxembourg and Jordan will stay at the Royal Palace.
Daniel Westling's closest family will stay at the castle. The others relatives stay at a hotel.
The Danish royal family lives with the Greek royals on the ship Dannebrog, and the Norwegian royal family at the ship Norge.
Pressure on the wedding is hard, only a few royals have declined.
- This will be the most impressive crown princess wedding in Europe since Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married. It is because Victoria is unique and amazingly popular and appreciated in Europe, says Roger Lundgren, editor of the magazine Queen.
Westlings släkt får ta in på hotell under bröllopet | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Weather forecast at this moment say it will rain a bit and be a bit sunny Saturday 19th. 15 degrees celcius in average temperature.

I hope it is the famous drops of rain in the veil for luck! Just a few drops, I hope, I don't want them to get totally soaked. One drop is enough!! ;)
Hopefully not in the afternoon. It could get problematic with the open Carriage and the tour with the Barge. And they have also to walk over Skepsbron back to the Royal Palace. I looked up and it said light rain in the evening.

Hopefully not in the afternoon. It could get problematic with the open Carriage and the tour with the Barge. And they have also to walk over Skepsbron back to the Royal Palace. I looked up and it said light rain in the evening.

I think on the side of open carriage they have an option of closed carriage. At least so it was in the wedding of Silvia and Carl Gustav, I remember hearing this.

This is getting very exciting, day by day more news! :lol:

One of king´s most experienced adjutants, lieutenant commander Hans Tornerhjelm has met the Westling family during the spring to discuss with them about the wedding, to help them to step to the royal world. He is responsible for the family at the wedding, together with adjutant Helen Sigurdsson.
Tornerhjelm says that the Westlings are a bit worried about what might happen. But Daniel's parents have already been at the palace several times and the others were there during the banns. He thinks that has meant a lot. Tornerhjelm is convinced that Daniel's family will manage the wedding without any worries. He says that the family is wonderful, they all are really open and nice people. You can only congratulate Victoria. After banns he said to the Princess that she had made a good choice.
Så drillas Daniels släkt inför festen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Aftonbladet is guessing, that Victoria´s best friend, Caroline Nilsson, would be the bridesmaid. Victoria and Caroline met yesterday at the Palace, the King was also there. Caroline arrived with her youngest daughter. Victoria hugged Caroline and they discussed several minutes and then they spent a long moment to look at the clothes that Caroline had brought with her.
Victorias hemliga möte med tärnan | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
From Expressen:
Victoria fick hjälp av sin bästa vän - Bröllopet | Expressen

According to Aftonbladet, Europe's young royals gather for secret party at the nightclub Café Opera - the night before the Crown Princess's wedding. Immediately following the gala performance at the Concert Hall and the reception of the Grünewald Hall leave the young royals on to the nightclub.
Sista festnatten – med kungagänget | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

I think on the side of open carriage they have an option of closed carriage. At least so it was in the wedding of Silvia and Carl Gustav, I remember hearing this.

This is getting very exciting, day by day more news! :lol:

I think the carriage is no problem as they can use a closed carriage. But for the tour with the Barge they would have to stay in the Cabin of it. And the Walk from Skepbon to the Palace would porbably have to canceled entire.

The second part of SVT´s documentary "Kronprinsessan och kungariket".
Victoria and Daniel are interviewed quite much in this:
Kronprinsessan och kungariket, del 2 av 2 - Dokumentärfilm | SVT Play

Daniel and Victoria visited yesterday the Stockholm Concert Hall to check of the arrangements on Friday.
- It's a big house and you have to know where to get in and out. There is also a safety issue, says Stefan Forsberg, Director of the Stockholm Concert Hall.
Victoria och Daniel kollade in festlokalen - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Google Translator

According to Aftonbladet, Europe's young royals gather for secret party at the nightclub Café Opera - the night before the Crown Princess's wedding. Immediately following the gala performance at the Concert Hall and the reception of the Grünewald Hall leave the young royals on to the nightclub.
Sista festnatten – med kungagänget | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet[/QUOTE]

Well, they have enough time to get a long sleep on the wedding day....

.... whereas how long does a Royal Lady need to get makeup, hairdresser, tiara fixing, jump into the evening gown, etc. :whistling:...... and then walking to the church on high heels? You know, to create the "wow" effect in the press, like CP Letizia, Mary, Mette Marit, Maxima, Mathilde.... who hopefully gives us the "faint" effect in excitement!
BYe Bine

I really can't wait anymore ! It should be wonderful and so full of the Royals I love !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom