Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I know some people (or a lot actually) happy to know which of her godchildren will be there I find it rather rude for the other courts to confirm that the children are going since that is a clear indicator that they will be part of the wedding as a page or flower girl. That information should be left up to the Swedish court to decide if they want it released to the public before hand.

Maybe Flower Girl isn't on the top of their list as something that needs to be kept secret. That and they know before hand that the other courts are going to confirm.

Maybe Flower Girl isn't on the top of their list as something that needs to be kept secret. That and they know before hand that the other courts are going to confirm.
Agreed. Also, they need to have public support for the Royal Family - keeping everything a secret from the public would seem rather arrogant. Releasing information like this ensures suspense and interest...

And in all honesty, do you think the other Royal courts would release such information if they didn't have permission from the Swedish court? That is highly unlikely.

Princess Elisabeth can't act as regent (rigsforstander).

Before you can be apointed as rigsforstander, you have to be presented in the Council of State and swear to the constitution.

I have never heard that. Where did you hear that from? Can you link it.

She has been very ill lately so I think thats why she cant be regent now.

Re-Experience the royal wedding between the King of Sweden as he married Silvia in 1976. (Wasn't sure wither to post it here or in the subforum about the King & Queen)
Here

Maybe the discussion of the wedding guest list can be made into a separate thread to keep this thread with news only?

Although Ingrid Alexandra is also a goddaughter of Victoria, apperantly she won't be a flower girl. Her name isn't listed as attending in the NRF site: kongehuset.no - Official engagements
I wonder why. How could Victoria only ask two of the four, and not the other? I understand that Eleonore is too young, but Ingrid-Alexandra is a perfect age the task. Unless she's shy and does not want to do it or NRF does not consider her and working member of the family. That's a bummer frankly, she's so adorable.

I don't think age is an issue, since Catharina Amelia and Ingied Alexandra are about the same age. And she is also listed as a member of the Norwegian Royal family whereas her aunt and uncle her are considered as member of the Royal House. And also, according to the NRF website she is considered a working member: http://www.kongehuset.no/c28633/artikkel/vis.html?tid=28778
Nevertheless, there probably is a good reason as to why I-A is not attending. Or she can always suprise us you know.

The Norwegian court neither confirmed nor denied that Ingrid-Alexandra is one of the flower girl. They just didn't want to comment. Sooo, we have to wait until the wedding day itself.
The Norwegian court doesn't always mention all members who are attending an event, btw. There are often events that are attended by Princess Astrid as well, even if she's ot listed in the calendar. ;) I still have hope. :lol:

Charlotte_Asker said:
And she is also listed as a member of the Norwegian Royal family whereas her aunt and uncle her are considered as member of the Royal House.
It's the other way round, isnt't it?
Ingrid Alexandra, the Heir to the throne, is member of the Royal House, while Märtha Louise and Ari Behn (and also Sverre Magnus btw) are members of the Royal family.

Not suprised that the court didnt mention nor wanted to comment because IMO its their not place to do so and ruin teh s uprise for Victoria.
If Victoria wanted everyone to know who is the flower boy/girl we wouldve knows by know.
Its a shame other houses ruined it :whistling:

I have never heard that. Where did you hear that from? Can you link it.

She has been very ill lately so I think thats why she cant be regent now.

It is written in the constitution (Danmarks Riges Grundlov) chapter II § 8

It must have been a mistake at the Dutch court as they are usually not very talkative...at all. With no other foreign royal event the Duch court released a statement who was attending so long in advance (and often they did not release any statement at all).

I suppose Amalia has to take some extra days off from school again, so let's see when the first people will start complaining in newspapers and such.

I have to say that although it is great Prince Christian and Princess Amalia will be on the wedding I would have prefered to be surprised when they got out of the car. As to whether Princess Ingrid-Alexandra will be present perhaps that will be a surprise for the day. Or maybe she wasn't asked! Victoria has plenty of godchildren and Daniel has a young niece and possibly his own godchildren. It would have been easier to stick all their names in a hat and chose at random!

I, personally, think a mound is being made out of a mole hill.

It's a wedding, and the wedding party will consist of whoever Victoria and Daniel would like to take part.

Our expectations are inconsequential to the reality of the situation.

It would be wonderful if it's broadcasted in the US like Charles and Dianas wedding. I hate to have to watch it online.

I hope they do too but I don't think they will. They only seem to show British weddings in the U.S.

I have to say that although it is great Prince Christian and Princess Amalia will be on the wedding I would have prefered to be surprised when they got out of the car. As to whether Princess Ingrid-Alexandra will be present perhaps that will be a surprise for the day. Or maybe she wasn't asked! Victoria has plenty of godchildren and Daniel has a young niece and possibly his own godchildren. It would have been easier to stick all their names in a hat and chose at random!

This I can not imagine.
Ingrid Alexandra is too much of an obvious choice, if Christian and Amalia are part.
If she wouldn´t be there, I´d be sure, it would be, because she didn´t want to.
However I´d dare to bet she will be also there.
People start again to read schedules one-sided (just as it did happen with the invitation list of the government)
Ingrid wasn´t listed for all duties, she had performed in her young life. The same goes for Christian.
Just because the Danish court was now adding him, it doesn´t mean, the norwegian court has to follow this.
And "no comment" doesn´t equal "no participation"

BTW Daniel has two nieces. Hedvig (11) and Vera (6)

I hope they do too but I don't think they will. They only seem to show British weddings in the U.S.

I know, bummer. Leave it to the U.S. to be enamored with the least open of the royal families (and IMO the least attractive).

In fact, the US was born from the rude treatment, stuffy rule, and deaf ears of the British monarchy. With so many other people from so many areas of the world, particularly Europe, it is strange that the US media has only focused on the Windsors and the Grimaldis.

Oh well, thank goodness for the Internet.

Pop star Agnes Carlsson and veteran artist Björn Skifs will sing a duet at Storkyrkan at the wedding, Skifs is also playing piano. Songwriter and producer Jorgen Elofsson has written the song.
- It is a love ballad in Beyoncé-style, says a source within the wedding organization.
Superduo sjunger för bröllopsparet i kyrkan | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

On Tuesday morning it was a wedding procession rehearsal:
Hästarna tog över centrala Stockholm | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Victoria and Daniel will be served a dinner with 25 dishes (!) at the East Indiaman Götheborg three days before the wedding.
- They may go out and run afterwards, says chef Leif Mannerström.
The dinner is for 150 guests, including the governors of Sweden, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
Risk för paltkoma, Victoria | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Deltagande vid Kronprinsessan Victorias bröllop och Love Stockholm - SOIC

This I can not imagine.
Ingrid Alexandra is too much of an obvious choice, if Christian and Amalia are part.
If she wouldn´t be there, I´d be sure, it would be, because she didn´t want to.
However I´d dare to bet she will be also there.
People start again to read schedules one-sided (just as it did happen with the invitation list of the government)
Ingrid wasn´t listed for all duties, she had performed in her young life. The same goes for Christian.
Just because the Danish court was now adding him, it doesn´t mean, the norwegian court has to follow this.
And "no comment" doesn´t equal "no participation"

BTW Daniel has two nieces. Hedvig (11) and Vera (6)

I was only joking Lola:flowers:

I hope Ingrid Alexandra will attend but I'm not sure as the royal house has only announced the reigning couple, crown princely couple and martha louise with ari behn. I'm assuming that if Ingrid Alexandra was going she would have been listed.

LadyFinn said:
The dinner is for 150 guests, including the governors of Sweden, King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.

Princess Madelaine is not expected to attend the dinner?

I think that we have to wait and see, if Carl Philip and Madeleine participate at this event, it seems to be private, it isn´t listed at the royal court website.

Also King Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan will attend.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King leaves for London.

This must be a really special event as I've never known Abdullah to attend a European royal wedding and Rania only once since her husband ascended the throne. I just hope Rania remembers not to wear white to another woman's wedding, like she did Letizia's in Spain.

Thank you Lady finn for posting the interview link in English. It is very difficult to find much of anything online. I don't post much, but I'd like to thank everyone who does post regularly here for keeping us Royal watchers informed.

I'm glad everything is finally coming together for the royal couple.

And this is a quite unofficial pre-wedding event: fires and rioting in a Stockholm suburb.

Fires and rioting in Stockholm suburb - The Local

Hopefully they will be quelled quickly before they could spread to other parts of Stockholm and cause inconvinience to visitors and tourists as well as embarassment for the Swedish government.

I wonder why. How could Victoria only ask two of the four, and not the other? I understand that Eleonore is too young, but Ingrid-Alexandra is a perfect age the task. Unless she's shy and does not want to do it or NRF does not consider her and working member of the family. That's a bummer frankly, she's so adorable.
We have no information as to which children were considered for the wedding party nor do we know who was asked but the parents decided it would not work. Ingrid-Alexandra appears to be a very shy girl and uncomfortable with photographers so not being part of the official wedding (if that is indeed the case) ultimately her parents would know what would be best.

Maybe they want to surprise us as to who exactly is in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom