The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

Question --

How is the Swedish government going about with security and threats? (I hope they are preparing for the worst)

I know it should be a happy day. But you just never know. In today's world.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

At which time will the names be announced?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

How exciting that the bridesmaids and page boys will be announed in the morning. I'm sure that Daniel's nieces, Vera and Hedwig will be in the wedding party and maybe the other 8 will be godchildren. I would love to see Prince Constantine Alexios in the wedding.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Gentry

After all the speculations and drama about who would be Victoria's bridemaids, I can understand why they chose to handle it this way.
I do think it's a last minute decision so I hope that the security guards are prepared.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Courtier

But if there is no bridemaid who will help Victoria with her dress and her trail?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

I just saw Daniels Monogram on the Royal Courts site, it's simple but nice, the Swedish Royals have nice monograms, Daniel's can be seen here. His coat of arms can be found here.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

No bridesmaids?? So what about Madeleine? I guess she won't be standing either then.
I'm not sure about this children thing. This is very new and strange to me. I wonder if that's how Victoria really wants it or will it be like that for a reason.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Victoria having no bridesmaid, but yet having ten flower girls and page boys, could become somewhat of an issue. While Victoria will most likely be having an adjudant/footman or two assisting her with her dress and veil while entering/exiting the church, during the ceremony (like her mother did), but bridesmaids usually also act as a 'supervisor' of sorts over the younger members of the bridal party. It's going to be interesting to see who will wrangle the gaggle of children if they start misbehaving/not following orders.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Victoria having no bridesmaid, but yet having ten flower girls and page boys, could become somewhat of an issue. While Victoria will most likely be having an adjudant/footman or two assisting her with her dress and veil while entering/exiting the church, during the ceremony (like her mother did), but bridesmaids usually also act as a 'supervisor' of sorts over the younger members of the bridal party. It's going to be interesting to see who will wrangle the gaggle of children if they start misbehaving/not following orders.
Not all of the children listed in the Expressen story are very young, though. Vivien Sommerlath is 14, and Prince Constantine-Alexios, Hedvig Blom, and Madeleine von Dincklage are all 11. Vivien will definitely be old enough to help assist with her dress and perhaps even act as a sort of "head" attendant, and the three eleven-year-olds would surely be able to help keep order among the 4-8 year olds also.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Not all of the children listed in the Expressen story are very young, though. Vivien Sommerlath is 14, and Prince Constantine-Alexios, Hedvig Blom, and Madeleine von Dincklage are all 11. Vivien will definitely be old enough to help assist with her dress and perhaps even act as a sort of "head" attendant, and the three eleven-year-olds would surely be able to help keep order among the 4-8 year olds also.
Yeah that's true, Sarah Ferguson's oldest flower girl couldn't of been more than 10 years old and did good with the train and bouquet, so Vivien should be able to handle it.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Commoner

Sorry if this has already been here, but here is a guest list for friday. They also say in the article, that the list for Saturday will probably be more or less the same.
Här är gästlistan till bröllopsfesten | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

There was an article in a Finnish magazine about the head of security for the wedding, which is terribly translated by google translator but maybe you get the idea.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

If some are 14 and 11 then I dont see them misbehaving at all or as much as the much younger ones. I can see them misbehaving when they start getting bored during the ceremony. Its an awfull lot of children they have choosen but I guess they did not want to leave anyone out and have a good mix between royals and friends.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Gentry

How old are Daniel's nieces?

Ohh, and another question, is Daniel's sister married?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibeth77 View Post
How old are Daniel's nieces?
Hedvig is 11 and Vera is 6
Old 06-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Aristocracy

I remember when I was watching Silvia Sommerlath's and King Carl Gustav's wedding ceremony from web archives... There was a flower girl and a page boy walking in front of the couple, super slowly, almost too slowly, as I imagine they had been told: "Don't hurry too much!" And at some point the king had to push their back so that they would walk a bit faster. So, yes, there is always a risk that children act in a funny way, but I think children also want to try their best in that kind of situations.

Silvia had a bridesmaid, but I think her only task was to carry the ring to the altar. She was not walking with them.

But I have to say it's quite funny combination if it's true that Victoria has 9,5 meters long train, and no bridesmaids...
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

I am also concerned regarding her train and no bridesmaids......

Just one example: What will happen, if Victoria leaves the carriage to access the church..... Who will take care, that the dress (seen for the first time then) is placed properly ..... and even more the long train??????

AAAAAAhhhh, cant wait for that magical moment!

BYe Bine
Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

Which time do you think we have to go to Storkyrkan on Saturday to get a good view?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Royal House published the names of the ten flower girls and a page boys: Only three Royal Children, Prince Christian, Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Princess Cathalina Amalia.

Tio unga brudnäbbar vid vigseln i Storkyrkan - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] Sewdish
Ten young bridesmaids and page boys at the wedding at Stockholm Cathedral - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] English

Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
But if there is no bridemaid who will help Victoria with her dress and her trail?
According to the Swedish Royal Website:

"The bridal couple will be assisted by attendants and pages during processions on foot in connection with the wedding festivities. Since the 1950s, attendants and pages have been taken on following application for service on special occasions. They are military servicemen from the Navy and Air Force."

"At the royal wedding in 1976, the pages carried Queen Silvia's train as she boarded the Royal Barge 'Vasaorden', when she disembarked at Skeppsbron and during the walk through Logrden to the royal apartments at the Royal Palace."
Old 06-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

There will be nice pix of the children I presume !

Closed Thread