Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Those are very helpful links.
I see lots of Jordanians attending. Prince Hassan and Princes Sarvath are also good friends of the SRF. If the list is to be believed we just might see Princess Fahdah in public for the first time.
Just as a caution, that pre-wedding events guest list is apparently of those invited, but not necessarily of those attending. For example, we already know that Princes William and Harry will not be there, but their names are on the list.

I do hope several of the Jordanians show up, though! King Abdullah and Queen Rania are the only ones confirmed so far.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
Ok.. so I am sure this is posted, but I cannot find it. What time, in regular time, NOT military or Greenwich Mean Time, does the wedding start, as Sweden is 7 hours ahead of Chicago? I am not going to miss this...lol.....
The wedding itself starts at 8:30 am Chicago time on Saturday morning.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

Final countdown... i´m so exited.
Does anyone know when the first Royals will arive at Stockholm? I´m going to fly on Thursday morning from Germany to Stockholm.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands will arrive on Friday.

Source: RVD

Josette
Old 06-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Is still clear, which Belgium Royals will attend the wedding?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

An RTL Boulevard item about the flowers that will be used:

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/index_video.xml

Go to: Royalty. And on this page, click on the item of 11-6-2010 'Danke für die Blumen'

Apparently the roses are named 'Miss Piggy' (not kidding). It seems to be a gift from some Dutch flower association, they did the same for all Dutch royal marriages and for the ones of Philippe and Felipe.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Bad news everyone, apparently it will rain on saturday! :(
Old 06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Aren't rain drops on a wedding dress supposed to bring good luck ?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Aren't rain drops on a wedding dress supposed to bring good luck ?
That's what I thought too! Or well, more specifically rain on the wedding day. Maybe it'll be a drizzle in the morning and then the sun will come out later.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

I just hope we don't have a Felipe and Letizia moment where it starts raining on people, because some important guests are suppose to walk from the royal palace to the church, this site says its more of a chance in the morning than in the afternoon.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh no...is it supposed to rain June 19th? I've heard that rain on a wedding day is bad luck. Hopefully it'll be a rain of blessings.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Weather forecast at this moment say it will rain a bit and be a bit sunny Saturday 19th. 15 degrees celcius in average temperature.

I hope it is the famous drops of rain in the veil for luck! Just a few drops, I hope, I don't want them to get totally soaked. One drop is enough!!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Gentry

Are Victoria and Daniel going on honeymoon? If they are, where are they going?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think their honeymoon is private information.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Aftonbladet about the royals staying in Stockholm:
The most prominent royals stay at the Royal Palace.
- The castle is one large hotel and can accommodate several hundred people, said the court intendent Carin Bergström.
The Sommerlath family stays at the Drottningholm Palace. The king has also booked up half of the Grand Hotel for the guests.
Some of the oldest monarchies from the Netherlands, Japan, Luxembourg and Jordan will stay at the Royal Palace.
Daniel Westling's closest family will stay at the castle. The others relatives stay at a hotel.
The Danish royal family lives with the Greek royals on the ship Dannebrog, and the Norwegian royal family at the ship Norge.
Pressure on the wedding is hard, only a few royals have declined.
- This will be the most impressive crown princess wedding in Europe since Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married. It is because Victoria is unique and amazingly popular and appreciated in Europe, says Roger Lundgren, editor of the magazine Queen.
Westlings släkt får ta in på hotell under bröllopet | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Old 06-15-2010, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentienne View Post
Weather forecast at this moment say it will rain a bit and be a bit sunny Saturday 19th. 15 degrees celcius in average temperature.

I hope it is the famous drops of rain in the veil for luck! Just a few drops, I hope, I don't want them to get totally soaked. One drop is enough!!
Hopefully not in the afternoon. It could get problematic with the open Carriage and the tour with the Barge. And they have also to walk over Skepsbron back to the Royal Palace. I looked up and it said light rain in the evening.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hopefully not in the afternoon. It could get problematic with the open Carriage and the tour with the Barge. And they have also to walk over Skepsbron back to the Royal Palace. I looked up and it said light rain in the evening.
I think on the side of open carriage they have an option of closed carriage. At least so it was in the wedding of Silvia and Carl Gustav, I remember hearing this.

This is getting very exciting, day by day more news!
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

One of king´s most experienced adjutants, lieutenant commander Hans Tornerhjelm has met the Westling family during the spring to discuss with them about the wedding, to help them to step to the royal world. He is responsible for the family at the wedding, together with adjutant Helen Sigurdsson.
Tornerhjelm says that the Westlings are a bit worried about what might happen. But Daniel's parents have already been at the palace several times and the others were there during the banns. He thinks that has meant a lot. Tornerhjelm is convinced that Daniel's family will manage the wedding without any worries. He says that the family is wonderful, they all are really open and nice people. You can only congratulate Victoria. After banns he said to the Princess that she had made a good choice.
Så drillas Daniels släkt inför festen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Aftonbladet is guessing, that Victoria´s best friend, Caroline Nilsson, would be the bridesmaid. Victoria and Caroline met yesterday at the Palace, the King was also there. Caroline arrived with her youngest daughter. Victoria hugged Caroline and they discussed several minutes and then they spent a long moment to look at the clothes that Caroline had brought with her.
Victorias hemliga möte med tärnan | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
From Expressen:
Victoria fick hjälp av sin bästa vän - Bröllopet | Expressen

According to Aftonbladet, Europe's young royals gather for secret party at the nightclub Café Opera - the night before the Crown Princess's wedding. Immediately following the gala performance at the Concert Hall and the reception of the Grünewald Hall leave the young royals on to the nightclub.
Sista festnatten – med kungagänget | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJenni View Post
I think on the side of open carriage they have an option of closed carriage. At least so it was in the wedding of Silvia and Carl Gustav, I remember hearing this.

This is getting very exciting, day by day more news!
I think the carriage is no problem as they can use a closed carriage. But for the tour with the Barge they would have to stay in the Cabin of it. And the Walk from Skepbon to the Palace would porbably have to canceled entire.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

The second part of SVT´s documentary "Kronprinsessan och kungariket".
Victoria and Daniel are interviewed quite much in this:
Kronprinsessan och kungariket, del 2 av 2 - Dokumentärfilm | SVT Play

Daniel and Victoria visited yesterday the Stockholm Concert Hall to check of the arrangements on Friday.
- It's a big house and you have to know where to get in and out. There is also a safety issue, says Stefan Forsberg, Director of the Stockholm Concert Hall.
Victoria och Daniel kollade in festlokalen - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Google Translator

Closed Thread