The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Royal Highness

Not sure if this has been asked, but does anyone know of any cable channels here in the U.S. that may be broadcasting it? Thank you!! I have looked and so far, nothing..

Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
Not sure if this has been asked, but does anyone know of any cable channels here in the U.S. that may be broadcasting it? Thank you!! I have looked and so far, nothing..
CNN will be broadcasting in the US. I wonder if CNN here on Sky TV in the UK will broadcast the wedding

Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Majesty

Sveriges Television AB will be broadcasting live on Startsida | svt.se

SVT also confirms the guests we already know confirmed assistance and also mentioned that the danish royals with stay onboard of the daneborg which will dock in the port.

Google Traducir
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Reyes, Príncipes y Princesas confirman su asistencia a la boda de Victoria de Suecia y Daniel Westling (hola.com)
Las Casas Reales de Holanda, Dinamarca, Noruega, Jordania, Inglaterra, Luxemburgo y Liechtenstein y la Casa Imperial de Japón ya han comunicado quienes acudirán al enlace en Estocolmo el próximo 19 de junio
Old 06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

In other words, the Royal Houses of Holland (Netherlands), Denmark, Norway, Jordan, England and Luxembourg will attend along with the Princely House of Liechenstein and the Imperial House of Japan...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Is still known who from the Belgium Royal Family will attend the wedding?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carola Häggkvist tells in Aftonbladet, that Daniel Westling wished that she would sing more than two songs at the wedding dinner, and it will be so. It has been known that Carola will sing "Evighet" and "Det är bara vi", which she sang at the National Day party. After that Carola got praise from the royal family.
- Victoria got a lump in her throat when I sang and was moved to tears. She thanked and we exchanged a few words. Daniel thanked me for the last (the bachelor party), said Carola.

Yesterday Daniel had a round of golf out on the Drottningholm Golf Club.
He hit on the driving ranch with his SÄPO Guard.
- They competed against each other and made many high fives, said one eyewitness.
Daniel Westlings hemliga önskan till Carola | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Expressen writes, that the daughters of Daniel´s sister Anna, Hedvig, 11 years and Vera, 6 years, will be flower girls.
Syskonbarnen blir brudnäbbar - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Google Translator
Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
There was a leak of names of royals invited, on the list was P.Ali, Princess Rym and Princess Noor. Not sure how true the list is though.
I would expect to see Queen Noor there. It'd be nice if she'd take one of her daughters with her.
As for Princess Noor, I don't see her going...not since the divorce.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
CNN will be broadcasting in the US.
How do you know that?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Really? I was just looking on CNN website and could not find anything. I was hoping that if it is earlyin the morning out time that I could tape it, but I could not find anything regarding "wedding, royal wedding, swedish wedding, or June 19th wedding."
If you have any info, I would apprciate it if you would like to share. Otherwise, since I do not have internet service "yet" I will have to get my butt to the public library to see some pictures, cause I can't wait until Monday when I come back to work. The wait will just kill me!
p.s. I also checked BBC America hoping they would show something, and they are not!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sesa, I was thinking same thing. Neither CNN or BBC America have details on the wedding. The only royal wedding that was really broadcasted was Charles and Diana and mainly because they're popular royals and English-speaking. I will most likely have to watch it on my laptop. Bummer. I hope there will be English commentaries at the wedding. It would be frustrating listening to it in another language.

If anyone has more info on the wedding being broadcasted in the US please do tell.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

There's no reason for it to be broadcast in the United States. So just accept that you'll have to use your computers. It's insane to think that our news outlets should devote even 5 minutes of time to talking about the wedding of the Crown Princess of a non-English speaking country that the United States has no ties to, former or otherwise. I'll be damned shocked if CNN even mentions it during an International News brief or something. There's too much going on this country right now that warrants time and attention from the 24-hour news networks.

I watched the Danish Royal Wedding online and I don't speak a lick of Danish and I was able to enjoy it and follow along fairly well for the most part.

Quote:

CNN is not broadcasting the wedding. CNN airs in the US, but they aren't airing the wedding in the US. As I said in my previous post, there is no reason to air it. None. Get up early and fire up your computers. Or wait and watch video later in the day.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

Question Crown Princess Masako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post

Ok, if Prince Christian attends, so this MUST mean, that he is one of the Flower Boys .... the first "kind of" confirmation, that the second generation of heirs to the throne will become flower girls & boys! ......

So am I correct, that 3 Royal Counrts already confirmed the attendance of Royal guests:
- CP of Japan
- Duke & Duchess of Wessex
- CP & CPSS of Denmark

What about Queen Margarethe?
BYe Bine
I hope that Crown Princess Masako goes to the wedding. Getting out of Japan will do her some good.

That lady looks like she needs a hug! And somebody to tell her she's worth something.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
How do you know that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
CNN is not broadcasting the wedding. CNN airs in the US, but they aren't airing the wedding in the US. As I said in my previous post, there is no reason to air it. None. Get up early and fire up your computers. Or wait and watch video later in the day.

Google Käännä

After reading this article I had assumed CNN were covering the wedding.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know what websites (if any) will be streaming the wedding ? The Australian multi-lingual channel SBS used to go all out for royal weddings (it showed the Spanish Royal Wedding between the Crown Prince and Letizia live and in full) but this time around we get nothing!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals-royce View Post
I hope that Crown Princess Masako goes to the wedding. Getting out of Japan will do her some good.
They already confirmed she won't be at the wedding, only CP Naruhito
Old 06-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Nobility

An article and video in English on the wedding preparations and an interview with Victoria's history teacher. Preparations for Royal Love – NTDTV.com
Old 06-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Nobility

Will it be a gala event with tiaras and orders such as Prince Frederik's wedding?

I am very ansious... Wonder the tiaras of Princess Letizia, Queen Rania and Princess Caroline of Monaco (I guess she will attend).
Old 06-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know what TV websites will be streaming the wedding?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
Will it be a gala event with tiaras and orders such as Prince Frederik's wedding?
that's the case i believe. it's an evening wedding if i well remember, so it's likely that the dress code will be full gala attire.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread