The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
I wonder why. How could Victoria only ask two of the four, and not the other? I understand that Eleonore is too young, but Ingrid-Alexandra is a perfect age the task. Unless she's shy and does not want to do it or NRF does not consider her and working member of the family. That's a bummer frankly, she's so adorable.
We have no information as to which children were considered for the wedding party nor do we know who was asked but the parents decided it would not work. Ingrid-Alexandra appears to be a very shy girl and uncomfortable with photographers so not being part of the official wedding (if that is indeed the case) ultimately her parents would know what would be best.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe they want to surprise us as to who exactly is in it.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
And this is a quite unofficial pre-wedding event: fires and rioting in a Stockholm suburb.

Fires and rioting in Stockholm suburb - The Local

Hopefully they will be quelled quickly before they could spread to other parts of Stockholm and cause inconvinience to visitors and tourists as well as embarassment for the Swedish government.
Oh dear -- a bit worrying, isn't it? Let's hope that no one gets hurt and that matters are resolved before long....and certainly well before the wedding day.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe they don't announce the name of the Royal children attending for security reasons....
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The article says CNN will be there, I hope they broadcast the wedding!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
The article says CNN will be there, I hope they broadcast the wedding!
Pretty sure they will broadcast it. They broadcasted Mary's & Letizia's wedding from guest arrival to the end of the wedding ceremony and carriage drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Is Princess Madeleine still in USA?
I sew an article yesterday that she was no win teh Bahamas
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
This must be a really special event as I've never known Abdullah to attend a European royal wedding and Rania only once since her husband ascended the throne. I just hope Rania remembers not to wear white to another woman's wedding, like she did Letizia's in Spain.
Actually Queen Rania wore the white dress to the pre-wedding gala.
Anyway I'm so glad they're both attending.
The fact that King Abdullah will be there is a pleasant surprise and quite significant. He has attended European royal weddings before, but as a prince.
Usually the JRF sends the junior royals to weddings but the wedding of a Crown Princess is different.
The JRF contingent at Prince Felipe's wedding was very large due to the close relations between the two royal families. I think the same can be said of the relations between Jordan and Sweden to an extent. Victoria made a solo visit to Jordan several years ago, she's quite friendly with Prince Ali as well, there are pictures of them dancing and laughing together. I wonder if he and Princess Rym will attend. I think it's safe to say that the King and Queen won't be the only Jordanian royals present.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah wore a silver with rhinestone evening dress to the pre-wedding gala.

For the wedding HM wore a white and lavender evening dress of chiffon and lace with a white blouse.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Nobility

Anyone know about the wedding broadcasting rights in Australia?

Our international broadcastor, SBS, is broadcasting the World Cup Soccer during late Saturday night, very early Sunday morning (cannot wait - GO AUSTRALIA !), which would be when the Crown Princess would be marrying her beau.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The wedding is very unlikely to be broadcast in Australia - some clips on the news the next day, yes, but the entire wedding is highly doubtful. There simply isn't enough interest for SBS, let alone any of the other stations, to get broadcasting rights.

Frederik and Mary's wedding was broadcast live in full (high level of interest as the bride was Australian), but a week later, Felipe and Letizia's wedding only got a small segment on the news. I'd expect a similar situation here. For us, our only choice is to watch it online (*prays the connection will be good and will hold out*). With Australia's World Cup match against Ghana on that same time, I shall have a dilemma
Old 06-10-2010, 03:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

...For us, our only choice is to watch it online (*prays the connection will be good and will hold out*). With Australia's World Cup match against Serbia on that same time, I shall have a dilemma
That's an easy one - Australia vs. Ghana match live, and then troll the web for video of the wedding...sorry, I'm extremely patriotic and I'm still hurting from the Australia vs. Italy match in 2006 The odds of Australia surviving our group is remote

I was hoping they'd show highlights, like the wedding of the Crown Prince and Princess of Spain...SBS showed 30 mins of highlights from their wedding. This consisted of her arrival to the church, a bit of the service and their presentation on the balcony at the Palace in Madrid.

I cannot wait until Crown Princess Victoria's wedding - then it's a countdown to this Crown Princess' wedding (mine is a week later)
Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Aristocracy

Ahh well... which channels online will I be able to see the whole thing on?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Nobility

What about broadcasting in the UK where I live does anyone know if the wedding will be shown over here?
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I wonder if he and Princess Rym will attend. I think it's safe to say that the King and Queen won't be the only Jordanian royals present.
There was a leak of names of royals invited, on the list was P.Ali, Princess Rym and Princess Noor. Not sure how true the list is though.

Quote:
The fact that King Abdullah will be there is a pleasant surprise and quite significant. He has attended European royal weddings before, but as a prince.
Usually the JRF sends the junior royals to weddings but the wedding of a Crown Princess is different.
It is suprising but not. At the end he is a King who has been invited therefore I see him going. Its not an event where its ok to send junior royals to on your behalf if that makes sense.

I dont know what his reason was for not attending the Spanish crown prince wedding but it wouldve been good if he did make an apperance since the two families seem close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123
What about broadcasting in the UK where I live does anyone know if the wedding will be shown over hear?
Check CNN
Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by David V View Post
Ahh well... which channels online will I be able to see the whole thing on?
Im sure www.svt.se on their play channel SVT Play - Sveriges Television (Swedish television) will send the whole thing... but on svt you have to listen to comments in swedish
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
Im sure www.svt.se on their play channel SVT Play - Sveriges Television (Swedish television) will send the whole thing... but on svt you have to listen to comments in swedish
Yeah though I was more thinking live transmission.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

The Danish Crown Princely wedding was televised in Australia for fairly obvious reasons.

However it would make no sense, nor is there any reason, to televise the Swedish Crown Princessly wedding on Australian televsion (unfortunate for the few of us who are interested..haha).

Your best chance of viewing it live is if you have cable.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by David V View Post
Yeah though I was more thinking live transmission.
Well, the Nobel banquette was live on svt play ( I was watching it there because my kids wanted to watch childrens tv) and the engagement reception was live on svt play, so Im sure the wedding will be live there too! If you look at SVT Play - Sveriges Television they have a grey oval "box" to the right named "Livesändningar" (= live transmission)....
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
The Danish Crown Princely wedding was televised in Australia for fairly obvious reasons.

However it would make no sense, nor is there any reason, to televise the Swedish Crown Princessly wedding on Australian televsion (unfortunate for the few of us who are interested..haha).

Your best chance of viewing it live is if you have cable.
Yeah I've got cable (Foxtel) subscription.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully for you that means you'll be able to catch a channel that either televises the events live as they unfold, or at least decent highlights.

Closed Thread