The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She is 9th in line and i'm sure she would have been sworn to the constitution and presented to the coucil of state at some point during her life.
But why does the Order of The Elephant have something to do with acting regent.

I am glad that Catharina Amalia has been confirmed as a flower girl, have her parents/grandmother confirmed attendance?

Old 06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
Does anyone know if a broadcast of the Swedish royal wedding will be done live over the internet? All of us outside of Europe will be very disappointed if we cannot view the wedding live.
It's going live in 25 countries although as far as I know, the countries have yet to be announced.

From an earlier post here:
SVT will be live on the internet (Swedish national channel)
Google Translate
All the best Mitchell

It will also be broadcast by TV4 and they often put their shows on their site right after so I can imagine them doing a webcast.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I am glad that Catharina Amalia has been confirmed as a flower girl, have her parents/grandmother confirmed attendance?
Yes. In the website of Dutch RF it is stated that W-A, Maxima and Beatrix are attending. I believe also Friso and his wife. It was also stated that Victoria is the goddaughter of QBeatrix and Catharina-Amalia is the goddaughter of Victoria.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe View Post
I DON`T get it..why cant Prince Joachim and princess Marie of Denmark not attend the wedding ?
Princess Elisabeth of Denmark is in the contry and she is still one of the heirs to the crown...Pleas som one explain my problem becuse i just DON`T get it...
Let's analyze it...

Hmmm which European royal house has threaten to steal the Danish throne? When the monarch is not present? hmmmm...

- NONE! Nobody hasn't since who knows when? They take this regent thing seriously don't they? (IMO)

(Therefore Joachim and Marie should go to that wedding. )
Old 06-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals-royce View Post
Let's analyze it...

Hmmm which European royal house has threaten to steal the Danish throne? When the monarch is not present? hmmmm...

- NONE! Nobody hasn't since who knows when? They take this regent thing seriously don't they? (IMO)

(Therefore Joachim and Marie should go to that wedding. )
Yes they take the regent thing seriously, yes this is a big royal wedding, but one member of the family has always stayed within the country when it comes to events like these. The majority of the time it has always been Joachim. He has obviously chosen to stay at home, if he had a real problem with it, I am sure he would have said something.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/Actueel...juni_2010.html

According to the royal website, The Dutch royals have confirmed that aswell as Catharina Amalia has flower girl
Queen Beatrix, Prince W-A, Princess Maxima, Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will attend.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
According to the royal website, The Dutch royals have confirmed that aswell as Catharina Amalia has flower girl
Queen Beatrix, Prince W-A, Princess Maxima, Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will attend.
IMO this (pages, bridesmaids) is one of the things, which should be secret until the wedding.
I hope the dutch and danish court got at least an "ok" from the swedish court.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think it should be allowed to the open, I know this is a swedish royal wedding and lots of people will be turning out to see the wedding, but we must not forget the huge royal turn out for this wedding will draw crowds of its own.
If you have Dutch royall followers and Danish Royal followers, wanting to watch those particular families at the wedding, you want to know if they are going to be there.
If people are flying over say from Argentina to see Maxima at the wedding, they aren't going to fly all that way, if they aren't fussed about the wedding and they are not too sure if Maxima will actually attend.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Courtier

The concert on June 18th will be black tie just as i feared...
I looked at the info given by the Swedish government to visiting journalists where they give information on the wedding:
http://www.sweden.gov.se/content/1/c...5/4e7e663e.pdf
On page 5 they state that the dresscode for the dinner and concert is black tie...

But i guess we should be happy that atleast the wedding itself is a white tie event
Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think it should be allowed to the open, I know this is a swedish royal wedding and lots of people will be turning out to see the wedding, but we must not forget the huge royal turn out for this wedding will draw crowds of its own.
If you have Dutch royall followers and Danish Royal followers, wanting to watch those particular families at the wedding, you want to know if they are going to be there.
If people are flying over say from Argentina to see Maxima at the wedding, they aren't going to fly all that way, if they aren't fussed about the wedding and they are not too sure if Maxima will actually attend.
That is an good argument, if we talk about guests.
But if they have functions at the wedding should remain a secret. And this with the children should have also remained a secret. I like secrets

I am ok with black tie.
White tie and Roxette - doesn´t fit so well together.
And so we will get fresh styles at the concert and more elegant dresses for the wedding. Does seem like a good mix to me.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is great that Christian and Amalia will be in the wedding I can't wait to see them! How lovely would it be if Ingrid-Alexandra and Eleonor were also in the wedding?

Still waiting to here which 25 countries are broadcasting the weddingDo you think this will be announced?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

Although Ingrid Alexandra is also a goddaughter of Victoria, apperantly she won't be a flower girl. Her name isn't listed as attending in the NRF site: kongehuset.no - Official engagements
Old 06-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

It would be wonderful if it's broadcasted in the US like Charles and Dianas wedding. I hate to have to watch it online.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Aristocracy

While I know some people (or a lot actually) happy to know which of her godchildren will be there I find it rather rude for the other courts to confirm that the children are going since that is a clear indicator that they will be part of the wedding as a page or flower girl. That information should be left up to the Swedish court to decide if they want it released to the public before hand.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe Flower Girl isn't on the top of their list as something that needs to be kept secret. That and they know before hand that the other courts are going to confirm.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaJa View Post
Maybe Flower Girl isn't on the top of their list as something that needs to be kept secret. That and they know before hand that the other courts are going to confirm.
Agreed. Also, they need to have public support for the Royal Family - keeping everything a secret from the public would seem rather arrogant. Releasing information like this ensures suspense and interest...

And in all honesty, do you think the other Royal courts would release such information if they didn't have permission from the Swedish court? That is highly unlikely.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen dolly View Post
Princess Elisabeth can't act as regent (rigsforstander).

Before you can be apointed as rigsforstander, you have to be presented in the Council of State and swear to the constitution.
I have never heard that. Where did you hear that from? Can you link it.

She has been very ill lately so I think thats why she cant be regent now.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:48 AM
Gentry

Re-Experience the royal wedding between the King of Sweden as he married Silvia in 1976. (Wasn't sure wither to post it here or in the subforum about the King & Queen)
Here

Maybe the discussion of the wedding guest list can be made into a separate thread to keep this thread with news only?
Old 06-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Although Ingrid Alexandra is also a goddaughter of Victoria, apperantly she won't be a flower girl. Her name isn't listed as attending in the NRF site: kongehuset.no - Official engagements
I wonder why. How could Victoria only ask two of the four, and not the other? I understand that Eleonore is too young, but Ingrid-Alexandra is a perfect age the task. Unless she's shy and does not want to do it or NRF does not consider her and working member of the family. That's a bummer frankly, she's so adorable.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think age is an issue, since Catharina Amelia and Ingied Alexandra are about the same age. And she is also listed as a member of the Norwegian Royal family whereas her aunt and uncle her are considered as member of the Royal House. And also, according to the NRF website she is considered a working member: http://www.kongehuset.no/c28633/arti...html?tid=28778
Nevertheless, there probably is a good reason as to why I-A is not attending. Or she can always suprise us you know.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The Norwegian court neither confirmed nor denied that Ingrid-Alexandra is one of the flower girl. They just didn't want to comment. Sooo, we have to wait until the wedding day itself.
The Norwegian court doesn't always mention all members who are attending an event, btw. There are often events that are attended by Princess Astrid as well, even if she's ot listed in the calendar. I still have hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Asker
And she is also listed as a member of the Norwegian Royal family whereas her aunt and uncle her are considered as member of the Royal House.
It's the other way round, isnt't it?
Ingrid Alexandra, the Heir to the throne, is member of the Royal House, while Märtha Louise and Ari Behn (and also Sverre Magnus btw) are members of the Royal family.

Closed Thread