The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
Wow people are getting bent out of shape over Prince Charles and Princess Camilla not attending. The Swedes should be happy they sent the Wessexes- they could have just sent Peter and Autumn Philips or the Linleys. As far as the BRF is concerned the heir to a small Scandinavian throne marrying a gym instructor is not worthy of the attendance of the heir to their throne and his former mistress.
HRHofNothing, if you would be right with your assumption, I would found this quite a strange attitude by the British royal family. The BRF is scandal proved itself, even more than any other of the Scandinavian royalties. So far the "gym instructor" Daniel Westling has behaved perfectly and scandal free (up to my knowledge). So when Charles and Camilla don't attend the wedding and disregard Daniel for his upbringing (which I do not think) this would be a shame. Charles and Camilla welcomed Princess Mette-Marit at their home when she and her husband were officially visiting Britain a few years ago. Even more, Norway’s crown princely couple were even invited to Charles' and Camilla's own wedding which let me think that the four are close to each other. And Mette-Marit is a former jobless party girl, experienced drugs and has a child from a previous relationship. So when Mette-Marit is respected by the British royals why not Daniel whose curriculum vitae is without any doubtful incident?

Old 06-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Sorry me asking, maybe I have misunderstood this, but will Jonas and Emma be invited to this wedding? I can understand Emma's attendance to a certain point, but Jonas too???
Jonas was invited. At least for the pre wedding concert hosted by the government (the only list of invitations we know, because newspapers published it)
They probably got the list of people to invite from the court in winter already (he was listed with Madeleine. If he would been invited as friend of the couple he would have stood further down the list - with the other friends)

If Jonas was also invited by the king (court) does depend on the time of break-up and if they wanted to keep things secret until after the wedding (very likely IMO)

So in theory he could go, but I guess the king would remove him and so far Jonas didn´t give the impression, he wanna stay a public person (at least none related to the court)
So if my guess on Charles´ attendance is <1%, for Jonas it is <0.0001%

Old 06-06-2010, 05:29 AM
Nobility

Jonas will not attend any of the pre-wedding celebrations or the wedding itself I think it is obvious.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Obviously Princess Madeleine is still suffering from the break-up. It would make no sense to torture her with Jonas' attendance on Victoria's wedding. To my opinion he has no right to attend the wedding.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:28 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.wetter.com/wetter_aktuell.../?id=SE0ST0012

Seems like the weather is going to be nice.
Only two weeks to go. I can´t wait for the wedding. I will arive at Stockholm on 17th June. My biggest dream is to stand in the first row at the wedding day, to see all Royals. So if you have any tips, please conact me.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Courtier

In an article in La Vanguardia today it says that all the SRF will go to the wedding except the king.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
In an article in La Vanguardia today it says that all the SRF will go to the wedding except the king.
ahhh, what do you mean? That the king won't attend his own daughters wedding??? I am confused. Can you please explain? Thank you.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
ahhh, what do you mean? That the king won't attend his own daughters wedding??? I am confused. Can you please explain? Thank you.
SRF - Spanish Royal Family

All's good and well on the Swedish front...lol.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
SRF - Spanish Royal Family

All's good and well on the Swedish front...lol.
hahahaha, ok, thank you, Madame Royale. I am enjoying the beautiful sunny weather today on my terrace and I think the sun is burning my mind so that I am a little slow in understanding things today
Old 06-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

.lol...not a problem, Naggi. Careful of that sun now...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Courtier

Exactly
I'm sorry I didn't remember that both royal houses have the same abbreviation.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just under two weeks to this wedding I can't wait! Nobody in my house will get near the computer its my only way of watching this wedding I think.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Just under two weeks to this wedding I can't wait! Nobody in my house will get near the computer its my only way of watching this wedding I think.

Me too. I already told all of my friends that on that day I don't wish to be disturbed by anyone. My notebook will be my best friend on the 19th of June
Old 06-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Me too. I already told all of my friends that on that day I don't wish to be disturbed by anyone. My notebook will be my best friend on the 19th of June

I had emailed Sky to see if they were aware of any channels that would broadcast the wedding but still no reply. Just I know that the Swedish Royal Court said that 25 countries other than Sweden would be broadcasting the wedding and I was really hoping that the UK would be one of them
Old 06-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Seems like Juan Carlos is not a big fan of weddings. I think it would be great to see him together with Sofia.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness

It's not that JC doesn't like weddings but apparently all of the SRF prefer not to travel abroad at the same time. For security's sake, you know. So it was either him or Felipe to stay in Spain and since Felipe is a good friend of Victoria's and this is a "younger generation" wedding, it is Felipe who is to attend, presumably.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
It's not that JC doesn't like weddings but apparently all of the SRF prefer not to travel abroad at the same time. For security's sake, you know. So it was either him or Felipe to stay in Spain and since Felipe is a good friend of Victoria's and this is a "younger generation" wedding, it is Felipe who is to attend, presumably.
I know
But i think its kind of sad to see Sofia always alone at Royal Wedding. I would be nice to see them together.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know through which link on internet can I watch the wedding?, I'm sure Colombia won't be broadcasting the wedding :'(
Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

The upcoming royal wedding has added an extra spice to the celebrations of the Swedish national day, June 6, this year. One of the big department stores, the NK, has put up a giant photo of Victoria and Daniel on the facade and filled the shop windows with flowers and love-related paraphernalia.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 06-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Juan Carlos probably isn't going because he probably isn't cleared by his doctor to fly yet since he recently underwent surgery.

Closed Thread