The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

The Swedish and Danish royal houses should send Princess Madeleine and Prince Joachim when Prince William is to marry

With or Without Prince Charles I´m really looking forward to the wedding
And seriously can you imagine a photo of all heirs on the wedding day, the bride and groom, frederik and mary of denmark, haakon and mette marit of norway, phillippe and mathilde of belgium, felipe and letizia of spain, willem alexander and maxima of netherlands and...........charles and camilla of uk. It would look like the old grand father and grand mother with all their grandchildren

Old 06-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I know Prince Joachim and the then Princess Alexandra attended the wedding of Edward and Sophie back in 1999. But that was a wedding of, shall we say, lesser importance. Respectively of course.

Better still, send Princess Elisabeth of Denmark to Williams eventual wedding..lol.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They can't help being older, and that should not stop them from going to these events.
I know Edward is close to the Danes and most other european royals, especially Joachim, he is godfather to Nikolai I believe.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

About the invitation of Emma and not inviting Sofia
Victoria och Daniel bjuder Emma Pernald - inte Sofia Hellqvist - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translator
I can easily understand that Victoria and Daniel (and the swedish court) don´t want to invite Sofia. It took years for Daniel, Emma and Jonas to get invited at an important public celebration of the royal family. Carl Philip and Sofia have known quite a short time and Victoria and Daniel don´t even know Sofia.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Better still, send Princess Elisabeth of Denmark to Williams eventual wedding..lol.
Hahah good idea
Old 06-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

Wow people are getting bent out of shape over Prince Charles and Princess Camilla not attending. The Swedes should be happy they sent the Wessexes- they could have just sent Peter and Autumn Philips or the Linleys. As far as the BRF is concerned the heir to a small Scandinavian throne marrying a gym instructor is not worthy of the attendance of the heir to their throne and his former mistress.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
Wow people are getting bent out of shape over Prince Charles and Princess Camilla not attending. The Swedes should be happy they sent the Wessexes- they could have just sent Peter and Autumn Philips or the Linleys. As far as the BRF is concerned the heir to a small Scandinavian throne marrying a gym instructor is not worthy of the attendance of the heir to their throne and his former mistress.
You can not be so certain of what you are saying.
Don't think the BRF are so stuck up that they would no consider attending the wedding.
Charles attended Haakons wedding to a divorced woman with a child, he attended Felipe's wedding to a divorced woman, W-A wedding to a woman whose father worked for a dictator, his own son is dating a girl whose father is working with Mugabe.
Victoria and Daniel are the least sandalous royal relationship.

Victoria and Daniel invited Edward and Sophie because they are most likely friends with them, of course they will be happy. They will have invited Charles and Camilla out of curtesy because Charles is the heir, because Charles has refused, this means Edward must got "represent the Queen".

Due to the fact that neither of the couples recieved an invite, nor do they hold any royal title, they would not be chosen to attend this event unless they were close to the couple. The Linleys I don't think have ever meant any European foreign royalty, Autumn and Peter perhaps if they attended their uncles 60th last year.

Oh and Camilla has a title Duchess of Cornwall, to refer to her as a former mistress is just demeaning.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Is there any reason why the flowers are coming from Columbia?
I could understand such as the flowers for a Dutch wedding coming from Canada.
It's COLOMBIA not Columbia. Also it is because my country is well-known for its high quality in flowers we produce
Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
The Swedish and Danish royal houses should send Princess Madeleine and Prince Joachim when Prince William is to marry

With or Without Prince Charles I´m really looking forward to the wedding
And seriously can you imagine a photo of all heirs on the wedding day, the bride and groom, frederik and mary of denmark, haakon and mette marit of norway, phillippe and mathilde of belgium, felipe and letizia of spain, willem alexander and maxima of netherlands and...........charles and camilla of uk. It would look like the old grand father and grand mother with all their grandchildren

You got a point ther

Old 06-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Courtier

I've read that they had already confirmed that Amalia was going to be a page, does anyone know if it's true?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As far as the BRF is concerned the heir to a small Scandinavian throne marrying a gym instructor is not worthy of the attendance of the heir to their throne and his former mistress.
Kitty has claws...

Whatever the reason it's a shame. But that's just my opinion of course.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
As far as the BRF is concerned the heir to a small Scandinavian throne marrying a gym instructor is not worthy of the attendance of the heir to their throne and his former mistress.
On a ridiculous note, maybe QEII is just intimidated because this is the first royal house to eliminate gender discrimination from its succession and is jealous of CP Victoria...oh well, at least they both discriminate based on religion.

Or maybe the British royal house that has been tainted by scandals including infidelity, adultery, racism, drug use, countless rumors of homosexuality, the heir and the heir to the spare as well as the Duke of York all being photographed with their genitals showing, divorce in three of the monarchs children as well as her sister, the everlasting juggernaut of Diana-gate just feels that the relatively scandal-free Scandinavian group is just too boring.

BTW...I agree that The Duchess of Cornwall has a title which should be used. But the fact also remains that for the majority of their lives, she was his mistress.

Rascal
Old 06-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Or maybe the British royal house that has been tainted by scandals including infidelity, adultery, racism, drug use, countless rumors of homosexuality, the heir and the heir to the spare as well as the Duke of York all being photographed with their genitals showing, divorce in three of the monarchs children as well as her sister, the everlasting juggernaut of Diana-gate just feels that the relatively scandal-free Scandinavian group is just too boring.

BTW...I agree that The Duchess of Cornwall has a title which should be used. But the fact also remains that for the majority of their lives, she was his mistress.

Rascal
High-lighted rumors are also attached to the Swedish Royal House. Maybe William did not attend because unlike his cousin Fred, Carl Philip has not been photographed with his genitals showing, yet

It is Victoria and Daniel's big day- I doubt they care about who (outside of their immediate families) attends or not.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
On a ridiculous note, maybe QEII is just intimidated because this is the first royal house to eliminate gender discrimination from its succession and is jealous of CP Victoria...oh well, at least they both discriminate based on religion.

Rascal
o_0 Is that true? But I don't blame them how else should they get changed/ use the bathroom?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Colombia donates 40000 flowers for the wedding:
Colombia donates flowers for Swedish royal wedding - Yahoo! News
Old 06-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Serene Highness

Is it right, that last evening/night was a young generation party at Drottningholm castle?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:36 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know Daniels date of birth?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Does anyone know Daniels date of birth?
15th of September 1973 (the very same day his father-in-law-to-be became king)
Old 06-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
About the invitation of Emma and not inviting Sofia
Victoria och Daniel bjuder Emma Pernald - inte Sofia Hellqvist - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translator
I can easily understand that Victoria and Daniel (and the swedish court) don´t want to invite Sofia. It took years for Daniel, Emma and Jonas to get invited at an important public celebration of the royal family. Carl Philip and Sofia have known quite a short time and Victoria and Daniel don´t even know Sofia.
Sorry me asking, maybe I have misunderstood this, but will Jonas and Emma be invited to this wedding? I can understand Emma's attendance to a certain point, but Jonas too???
Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Sorry me asking, maybe I have misunderstood this, but will Jonas and Emma be invited to this wedding? I can understand Emma's attendance to a certain point, but Jonas too???
I doubt Jonas will attend the wedding, Emma most likely will.