Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no...is it supposed to rain June 19th? I've heard that rain on a wedding day is bad luck. Hopefully it'll be a rain of blessings.

Rain on the wedding day does mean good luck :)
WikiAnswers - Is rain on your wedding day good or bad luck

The second part of SVT´s documentary "Kronprinsessan och kungariket".
Victoria and Daniel are interviewed quite much in this:
Kronprinsessan och kungariket, del 2 av 2 - Dokumentärfilm | SVT Play
A screenshot showing Daniel dancing with his niece Hedvig
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4048/hedvig1.jpg
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8292/hedvig2.jpg

I live 600 meters from both storkyrkan and the royal palace so I will follow the events on friday and saturday really close :D

Some days ago I saw the boat Daniel and Victoria will travel in from Djurgården to the Royal palace on saturday "Vasaorden" was out on the water just outside my apartment :D I belive the crew was training.

I spoke to the Dean of Stockholm Åke Bonnier and he said Storkyrkan closed yesterday to start preparations for Saturday. The Church will reopen on Sunday and all of you who is in Stockholm is welcome to the Sunday mass in the church who will look like it did during the royalwedding one day earler :D

I´m really much looking forward to saturday.

600 meter...not bad :cool: Have you hired it in the hope, they will marry one day ;)

Royalcourt has finally updated.
Madeleine and Carl Philip will attend all events, apart from the reception of the government on Friday.
The private party on the 17th isn´t listed
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Does someone know if all the royals will attend the private dinner hosted by the King and Queen on 17th on Drottningholm? Or they will arrive on 18th?

Is Victoria is the first crown princess (heiress to throne) from the time of Margaret of Denmark, who marries?

But the article gives some names already apparently?
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, Constantine Alexios of Grece, Leopold & Vivien Sommerlath...

But the article gives some names already apparently?
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, Constantine Alexios of Grece, Leopold & Vivien Sommerlath...

Those names are guesses by Expressen...

Well only Christian and Catharina-Amalia have been confirmed as page boys and flowergirls, they are probably just rumours.

Victoria will have no bridesmaids, said Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the court, tonight at SVT´s "Det kungliga bröllopet" -program.
There will be ten children as flower girls and boys, the names will be made public tomorrow.
Bröllopsskrällen: Victoria utan tärnor - Bröllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop | Expressen
Google Translator
Inga tärnor när Victoria gifter sig | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
I saw the program too and was happily surpriced when i heard Nina Eldh say that there will be 10 :eek: flower girls and boys and no bridesmaids. Wonder if Victorias three best girlfriends is dissapointed - seeing as much as the newspapers have written about their "deal" from long ago that they will be eachothers bridesmaids - Something that Victoria has been.

I can´t wait for saturday - seemed so far away when the engagement was announced - but now it´s finally here.

Wow, 10 flower girls and page boys. Sounds so perfect for Victoria who likes children so much. Tomorrow we know who they are. :)

10, how wonderful! I cant wait to hear who they are, I would love it if they were all a bunch of little royals. I not sure about this, but do you have to be single to be a bridesmaid? I thought I read that there was only going to be one bridesmaid and I thought it was going to be Mado but I guess not. I cant wait now!!!

I have a feeling Expressen´s list is accurate. I am a little disappointed about an other surprise not being a surprise any longer and if the list is correct, there are many children from Victoria´s side, but only two from Daniel´s

--

How is the Swedish government going about with security and threats? (I hope they are preparing for the worst)

I know it should be a happy day. But you just never know. In today's world.

How exciting that the bridesmaids and page boys will be announed in the morning. I'm sure that Daniel's nieces, Vera and Hedwig will be in the wedding party and maybe the other 8 will be godchildren. I would love to see Prince Constantine Alexios in the wedding.

After all the speculations and drama about who would be Victoria's bridemaids, I can understand why they chose to handle it this way.
I do think it's a last minute decision so I hope that the security guards are prepared.

But if there is no bridemaid who will help Victoria with her dress and her trail?

I just saw Daniels Monogram on the Royal Courts site, it's simple but nice, the Swedish Royals have nice monograms, Daniel's can be seen here. His coat of arms can be found here.

No bridesmaids?? So what about Madeleine? I guess she won't be standing either then.
I'm not sure about this children thing. This is very new and strange to me. I wonder if that's how Victoria really wants it or will it be like that for a reason.

Victoria having no bridesmaid, but yet having ten flower girls and page boys, could become somewhat of an issue. While Victoria will most likely be having an adjudant/footman or two assisting her with her dress and veil while entering/exiting the church, during the ceremony (like her mother did), but bridesmaids usually also act as a 'supervisor' of sorts over the younger members of the bridal party. It's going to be interesting to see who will wrangle the gaggle of children if they start misbehaving/not following orders.

Victoria having no bridesmaid, but yet having ten flower girls and page boys, could become somewhat of an issue. While Victoria will most likely be having an adjudant/footman or two assisting her with her dress and veil while entering/exiting the church, during the ceremony (like her mother did), but bridesmaids usually also act as a 'supervisor' of sorts over the younger members of the bridal party. It's going to be interesting to see who will wrangle the gaggle of children if they start misbehaving/not following orders.

Not all of the children listed in the Expressen story are very young, though. Vivien Sommerlath is 14, and Prince Constantine-Alexios, Hedvig Blom, and Madeleine von Dincklage are all 11. Vivien will definitely be old enough to help assist with her dress and perhaps even act as a sort of "head" attendant, and the three eleven-year-olds would surely be able to help keep order among the 4-8 year olds also.

Not all of the children listed in the Expressen story are very young, though. Vivien Sommerlath is 14, and Prince Constantine-Alexios, Hedvig Blom, and Madeleine von Dincklage are all 11. Vivien will definitely be old enough to help assist with her dress and perhaps even act as a sort of "head" attendant, and the three eleven-year-olds would surely be able to help keep order among the 4-8 year olds also.

Yeah that's true, Sarah Ferguson's oldest flower girl couldn't of been more than 10 years old and did good with the train and bouquet, so Vivien should be able to handle it.

Sorry if this has already been here, but here is a guest list for friday. They also say in the article, that the list for Saturday will probably be more or less the same.
Här är gästlistan till bröllopsfesten | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

There was an article in a Finnish magazine about the head of security for the wedding, which is terribly translated by google translator but maybe you get the idea.

If some are 14 and 11 then I dont see them misbehaving at all or as much as the much younger ones. I can see them misbehaving when they start getting bored during the ceremony. Its an awfull lot of children they have choosen but I guess they did not want to leave anyone out and have a good mix between royals and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom