The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

I guess it will be like the king´s private birthday party in 2006. Hopefully later some indoor pictures will be in the official wedding book.

BTW there is one more wedding pre-event.
On June 16 the Royal family will board the Götheborg (a ship, which will be in Stockholm during the wedding festivities) for a buffet and entertainment with representatives from all counties.

Länsstyrelsen i Jönköpings län - Länen uppvaktar Kronprinsessparet - MyNewsdesk

Old 06-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

40,000 Colombian flowers will enhance the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
Augusto Solano, President of the Association of Colombian Flower Exporters (Asocolflores), stated that, "Colombia is proud to have our beautiful flowers play an important role in this marriage."
40,000 Colombian Flowers to Embellish the Wedding of Her Majesty Princess Victoria of Sweden - PR Newswire

Old 06-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Is there any reason why the flowers are coming from Columbia?
I could understand such as the flowers for a Dutch wedding coming from Canada.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

SVT is sending a two-part document-interview of Victoria and Daniel, the first part will be send next Monday:
Kronprinsessan och kungariket - Dokumentärfilm | svt.se
Old 06-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

40,000 flowers...thats my kind of wedding. I can't wait to see Victoria's taste.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:36 AM
Serene Highness

It's official: prince Christian will attend the wedding with crown prince Frederik and crown princess Mary!!!!

Quote:
Kongeligt bryllup i Stockholm Fredag 18. juni 2010 - Lørdag 19. juni 2010 D.K.H. Kronprinsen, Kronprinsessen og Prins Christian deltager i H.K.H. Kronprinsesse Victoria og Daniel Westlings bryllupsfestligheder i Stockholm i dagene 18.-19. juni.

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

Ok, if Prince Christian attends, so this MUST mean, that he is one of the Flower Boys .... the first "kind of" confirmation, that the second generation of heirs to the throne will become flower girls & boys! ......

So am I correct, that 3 Royal Counrts already confirmed the attendance of Royal guests:
- CP of Japan
- Duke & Duchess of Wessex
- CP & CPSS of Denmark

What about Queen Margarethe?
BYe Bine
Old 06-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post

Ok, if Prince Christian attends, so this MUST mean, that he is one of the Flower Boys .... the first "kind of" confirmation, that the second generation of heirs to the throne will become flower girls & boys! ......

So am I correct, that 3 Royal Counrts already confirmed the attendance of Royal guests:
- CP of Japan
- CP & CPSS of Denmark

BYe Bine
Fantastic news! This wedding will be a very special one! Hopefully we will see many of Victoria's godchildren walking down the aisle with her on her wedding day. I am getting very excited.

My day on the the 19th of June looks like this: spending all day in front of the TV and the internet. I would love to do this also on the 17th and 18th but unfortunately I have to work
Old 06-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Moderator Emeritus

It is also known that the whole Norwegian clan is going to attend : King Harald and Queen Sonja, CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit, Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Gentry

^ such a lovely avatar Her_majesty!

Princess Lilian unable to attend the wedding much to everyone's sadness.
She has Alzheimers.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Nobility

Very sad news

That is very sad news indeed to hear that Princess Lilian has the disease of Alzheimers and that she will not be able to attend the Royal wedding. may God bless her.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedQueen View Post
^ such a lovely avatar Her_majesty!

Princess Lilian unable to attend the wedding much to everyone's sadness.
She has Alzheimers.
This is very sad news indeed.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Lovely news if Christian is attending the wedding. Sad news about Princess Lilian, no wonder Victoria was in tears when she received the portrait of Princess Lilian.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Does Aftonbladet have an option to translate it's page into English? For some reason Windows Vista won't let me copy and paste a page's URL into Google Translate.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How awful, very sad news. I know how Alzheimers can affect a family. This must have been why Victoria got upset when she recieved the picture.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:

- CP of Japan
- CP & CPSS of Denmark

BYe Bine
Have the Earl and Countess of Wessex confirmed? If that is the case, it could mean that Charles & Camilla are not attending.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

- CP of Japan
- CP & CPSS of Denmark

BYe Bine
Weddings don't have Flower boys.
They have page boys. And it does not mean he will be a page boy, it means he will attend.
Queen Margrethe has not confirmed.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will attend a Reception on board HMS KENT in Stockholm, Sweden.
They will then attend the wedding yes.
However this does not rule out Camilla and Charles attending.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

I'm glad we'll see little Prince Christian at the wedding.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

How lovely that Prince Christian will attend! I hope he is a page boy!

Has it been announced yet which 25 countries will be airing the wedding?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Weddings don't have Flower boys.
They have page boys. And it does not mean he will be a page boy, it means he will attend.
Queen Margrethe has not confirmed.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will attend a Reception on board HMS KENT in Stockholm, Sweden.
They will then attend the wedding yes.
However this does not rule out Camilla and Charles attending.
Yes it was confirmed by the british Royal Court. And i think it's a shame Charles and Camilly don't attend as Charles has attended all recent Crown pricnely Wedding except the one of Frederik and Mary.

Closed Thread