Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page boys are just younger male attendants. Too young to be groomsmen, but old enough to participate in some way. Usually the officiant has the rings already, so there's no need for one of the little boys to "bear" the rings to the altar.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before or if I am posting in the wrong thread but does anyone know how widely the wedding will be viewable/broadcast around the world on TV or online? The reason I'm asking this is because I'm in Sydney, Australia at the moment and will therefore probably have a bit of difficulties seeing the wedding. Any Aussie channels airing the wedding by any chance..? :) I've already tried getting the relatives to tape it for me since I'd hate to miss the wedding of the century... :bang:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before or if I am posting in the wrong thread but does anyone know how widely the wedding will be viewable/broadcast around the world on TV or online? The reason I'm asking this is because I'm in Sydney, Australia at the moment and will therefore probably have a bit of difficulties seeing the wedding. Any Aussie channels airing the wedding by any chance..? :) I've already tried getting the relatives to tape it for me since I'd hate to miss the wedding of the century... :bang:

I've been trying to find that out too with no avail :bang: My exams will be over by then, so I can divide my computer use between watching the wedding and the World Cup.

I DON`T get it..why cant Prince Joachim and princess Marie of Denmark not attend the wedding ?
Princess Elisabeth of Denmark is in the contry and she is still one of the heirs to the crown...Pleas som one explain my problem becuse i just DON`T get it...

They won't go, because Joachim has chosen to stay and be regent.
I suppose people abroad, can watch the live internet stream, links will most likely be posted in the wedding thread when it opens. :)

Several off-topic posts (referring to the UK as 'Chavland' and discussing opinions on the British Royal Family) have been removed as they have nothing to do with this thread. Please try to keep on topic, we have lasted this long without any issues and the wedding is less than two weeks away :)

Is page boy the same thing as ring-bearer? Never heard of Page boy before. Christian will look really cute in the wedding.

A Page was a male servant in medieval times and in fairytales a king was often known to say "send for my page!". A pageboy can often act as the ring-bearer too, although usually these days bridesmaids, maids/matrons of honour and pageboys tend to have little to do except look cute and good in the line-up.

I imagine that most countries' news bulletins will carry this story with some footage, but not the whole event live from beginning to end. I think possibly BBC News 24 will show coverage from time to time throughout the day.

Someone very kind and clever will post a link to the live feed on the day of the wedding. Otherwise, I'm going to go back into the engagement thread and find the live link used for the engagement to see what website it's on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I DON`T get it..why cant Prince Joachim and princess Marie of Denmark not attend the wedding ?
Princess Elisabeth of Denmark is in the contry and she is still one of the heirs to the crown...Pleas som one explain my problem becuse i just DON`T get it...

Because Princess Elisabeth has been very ill lately and i would find it rather selfish to force her to rule the country just so Joachim and Marie can party

The Dutch court confirmed that Catharina Amalia is one of the flower girls.
Google Translate

The Norwegian court was aked if Ingrid will be one of the flower girls, but they didn't comment.

Does anyone know if a broadcast of the Swedish royal wedding will be done live over the internet? All of us outside of Europe will be very disappointed if we cannot view the wedding live.

Princess Elisabeth can't act as regent (rigsforstander).

Before you can be apointed as rigsforstander, you have to be presented in the Council of State and swear to the constitution.

Also King Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan will attend.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King leaves for London. I read that also Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein and Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu of Romania are confirmed as attending.

Last edited:
Oh, it will be the first time we will see all of those next genereation children together.
Can't wait!

this gets more and more exciting each day that goes by! i can't believe it will only be 10 days until the big day. it seemed ages ago when they announced the wedding that i remember thinking how far in advance they got us excited! :)

i can't wait to see victoria's dress!

Princess Elisabeth can't act as regent (rigsforstander).

Before you can be apointed as rigsforstander, you have to be presented in the Council of State and swear to the constitution.

Thats wierd beacuse she has the order of the elephant and is STILL in line to the crown after Princess Benedikte..Also her 2 brothers have the order of the Elephant but after they marriede they became count of Rosenborg and went out of the line 2 the crown..

She is 9th in line and i'm sure she would have been sworn to the constitution and presented to the coucil of state at some point during her life.
But why does the Order of The Elephant have something to do with acting regent.

I am glad that Catharina Amalia has been confirmed as a flower girl, have her parents/grandmother confirmed attendance?

Does anyone know if a broadcast of the Swedish royal wedding will be done live over the internet? All of us outside of Europe will be very disappointed if we cannot view the wedding live.

It's going live in 25 countries although as far as I know, the countries have yet to be announced.

From an earlier post here:
SVT will be live on the internet (Swedish national channel)
Google Translate
All the best Mitchell

It will also be broadcast by TV4 and they often put their shows on their site right after so I can imagine them doing a webcast.

I am glad that Catharina Amalia has been confirmed as a flower girl, have her parents/grandmother confirmed attendance?

Yes. In the website of Dutch RF it is stated that W-A, Maxima and Beatrix are attending. I believe also Friso and his wife. It was also stated that Victoria is the goddaughter of QBeatrix and Catharina-Amalia is the goddaughter of Victoria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's analyze it...

Hmmm which European royal house has threaten to steal the Danish throne? When the monarch is not present? hmmmm...

- NONE! Nobody hasn't since who knows when? They take this regent thing seriously don't they? (IMO)

(Therefore Joachim and Marie should go to that wedding. :flowers: )

Let's analyze it...

Hmmm which European royal house has threaten to steal the Danish throne? When the monarch is not present? hmmmm...

- NONE! Nobody hasn't since who knows when? They take this regent thing seriously don't they? (IMO)

(Therefore Joachim and Marie should go to that wedding. :flowers: )

Yes they take the regent thing seriously, yes this is a big royal wedding, but one member of the family has always stayed within the country when it comes to events like these. The majority of the time it has always been Joachim. He has obviously chosen to stay at home, if he had a real problem with it, I am sure he would have said something.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/Actuee...eedse_Kroonprinses_Victoria_19_juni_2010.html

According to the royal website, The Dutch royals have confirmed that aswell as Catharina Amalia has flower girl
Queen Beatrix, Prince W-A, Princess Maxima, Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will attend.

According to the royal website, The Dutch royals have confirmed that aswell as Catharina Amalia has flower girl
Queen Beatrix, Prince W-A, Princess Maxima, Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will attend.
IMO this (pages, bridesmaids) is one of the things, which should be secret until the wedding.
I hope the dutch and danish court got at least an "ok" from the swedish court.

I think it should be allowed to the open, I know this is a swedish royal wedding and lots of people will be turning out to see the wedding, but we must not forget the huge royal turn out for this wedding will draw crowds of its own.
If you have Dutch royall followers and Danish Royal followers, wanting to watch those particular families at the wedding, you want to know if they are going to be there.
If people are flying over say from Argentina to see Maxima at the wedding, they aren't going to fly all that way, if they aren't fussed about the wedding and they are not too sure if Maxima will actually attend.

The concert on June 18th will be black tie :bang: just as i feared...
I looked at the info given by the Swedish government to visiting journalists where they give information on the wedding:
http://www.sweden.gov.se/content/1/c6/14/25/55/4e7e663e.pdf
On page 5 they state that the dresscode for the dinner and concert is black tie...

But i guess we should be happy that atleast the wedding itself is a white tie event :ermm:

I think it should be allowed to the open, I know this is a swedish royal wedding and lots of people will be turning out to see the wedding, but we must not forget the huge royal turn out for this wedding will draw crowds of its own.
If you have Dutch royall followers and Danish Royal followers, wanting to watch those particular families at the wedding, you want to know if they are going to be there.
If people are flying over say from Argentina to see Maxima at the wedding, they aren't going to fly all that way, if they aren't fussed about the wedding and they are not too sure if Maxima will actually attend.

That is an good argument, if we talk about guests.
But if they have functions at the wedding should remain a secret. And this with the children should have also remained a secret. I like secrets :D

I am ok with black tie.
White tie and Roxette - doesn´t fit so well together.
And so we will get fresh styles at the concert and more elegant dresses for the wedding. Does seem like a good mix to me.

This is great that Christian and Amalia will be in the wedding I can't wait to see them! How lovely would it be if Ingrid-Alexandra and Eleonor were also in the wedding?

Still waiting to here which 25 countries are broadcasting the wedding:whistling:Do you think this will be announced?

It would be wonderful if it's broadcasted in the US like Charles and Dianas wedding. I hate to have to watch it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom