Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful will this be permenant or until she becomes Queen??

Beautiful will this be permenant or until she becomes Queen??

I guess this depends on how things would turn out.
It could easily be, that her father would be king for an other 30 years. And it depends on the number of children and their plans and the development of the Monarchy in general.
The government hasn´t set a time limit at least...

Victoria får fortsätta fira utan sin Daniel - Expressen.se
Nina Eldh, information chef ot the court, tells that Daniel Westling isn´t yet a member of the royal family, he will be only when he and crown princess Victoria will get married. That´s the reason Daniel can´t participate at the official events of the royal family. He can take part at Victoria´s birthday party in Öland, but Eldh says that it hasn´t been decided yet if Daniel will be there.

Of course he will be at the birthday. Imagine he wouldn´t. All the celebrations and reports would be about the absence...buhu, Daniel isn´t allowed to come...buhu...the king doesn´t like Daniel.
IMO Daniel could have been also there in his time as "boyfriend", but now it´s (at least pr-wise) a bit of a "must"

Protocol-wise there is no rule, that a fiancé(e) can´t be at duties.
Since the engagement time is so long and since Daniel has his business still, I can perfectly see, why he isn´t at every duty now...but later (let´s say start of 2010) it wouldn´t be too bad, if he would perform some well-chosen duties with Victoria...but this court spokeswoman is excluding it so rigidly...not wise IMO (a masterpiece of diplomacy, she never was. The RF would better get rid of her in time of the wedding. It would be the very best, if ETW would come back. This one was smart, :cool: and had a very subtle sense of humour)

Aftonbladet has today an article about the "absence" of Daniel´s parents, who weren´t in an official engagement photo.
According to the spokeswoman mentioned above they are not interested in attention and wanna live their own life.
Fine...but I guess for the wedding, they need to come out of Ockelbo hole...and a little "training" pre-hand wouldn´t hurt IMO...
Väljer ”Svensson- liv” före slottet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

I think your right Lena. About both Daniel not being at the birthday and his parents. Yes i am sure they want to be left alone and out of the press but they have to realise there son is marrying the heir to the swedish throne that has to come with some responsibility.

If Daniel didn't attend the birthday celebrations the press would have a field day about his absent and of course he'll attend he's Victoria's Fiancee, she'll want him there.
x

Why would they pick June as the wedding of the month? I thought they would pick May. Is it not Victoria want a early summer wedding? So it should be in May not June.

Why would they pick June as the wedding of the month? I thought they would pick May. Is it not Victoria want a early summer wedding? So it should be in May not June.

Maybe there were schedule conflicts. They also have to work in the schedules of other royal families in order to make it easier for them to attend.

Hmm... you know, in Sweden June really IS early summer :) May is lovely spring: the snow is leaving in end of april where I live ( 3 h by car from Sthlm) and May this year is green but cold, about +15'C....

So June is perfect for a early summer wedding!!!

(summer in sweden is june, july and august... autumn: sept, oct... winther: nov, dec, jan, feb, march, spring: april and may :D )

Have you heard that King Gustav have given to Victorias's boy friend the title of Prince? What do you think about it?

I have read that the son of a Prince which title of Prince was eliminate when he get married with a "commoner" is protesting because he thinks that he has the right of a title of Prince.

I think that this son of "deposed" Prince is right and he have to ask for his title. Is very sad that members of the Swedish Royal Family lost her titles when they get married with non-Royal people and the King, who get married with other "commoner", didn't loose the right for the Crown =O

Regards!!

Jan Bernadotte's claim is without any foundation; his father Lennart lost his princely title and his succession rights when he married his first commoner wife in 1946, due to the law which was in force back then. His father's decision was a conscious one, and Jan Bernadotte's reasoning now is irrelevant. Needless to say, succession laws have been changed since then, but of course the change is not retro-active.
Jan Bernadotte by the way has been estranged both from his father's family, the Mainau Bernadottes, and the main Bernadotte family branch for the longest time.

Interestingly, in the Palace's engagement statement it was announced that Daniel Westling will take the ducal title of his future wife and become Duke of Västergotland, but it was not explicitely stated that he will also be styled HRH Prince of Sweden. Both do not necessarily go hand in hand. Either the Royal Court simply overlooked to point out that he will become a Prince, or this might actually not be the case.
Time will tell.

It was indeed said he would become duke of Västergotland, but as Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergotland.

Bröllop planeras till försommaren 2010. I samband med giftermålet förlänas Daniel Westling titeln Prins Daniel, Hertig av Västergötland. Frågan om bostad för Kronprinsessan och hennes blivande make är under övervägande. Några olika alternativ prövas.

Pressmeddelanden - Kungahuset [NS4 version]

Josette

I have to say that I do not find Haga palace all that beautiful. It seems slightly institutional to me in some way.

Jan Bernadotte's claim is without any foundation; his father Lennart lost his princely title and his succession rights when he married his first commoner wife in 1946, due to the law which was in force back then. His father's decision was a conscious one, and Jan Bernadotte's reasoning now is irrelevant. Needless to say, succession laws have been changed since then, but of course the change is not retro-active.
Jan Bernadotte by the way has been estranged both from his father's family, the Mainau Bernadottes, and the main Bernadotte family branch for the longest time.

Interestingly, in the Palace's engagement statement it was announced that Daniel Westling will take the ducal title of his future wife and become Duke of Västergotland, but it was not explicitely stated that he will also be styled HRH Prince of Sweden. Both do not necessarily go hand in hand. Either the Royal Court simply overlooked to point out that he will become a Prince, or this might actually not be the case.
Time will tell.

I didn't know that! :O I thought that this "deposed" Prince had the age of King Gustave!

Thanks very much for the aclaration ;)

Other thing: Is true that a lot of people in Sweden are protesting against the payment of the wedding by the Swedish Government? Is Spain when Prince Felipe get married with Letizia only a few of republicans protested, all the country was very happy for the wedding of the Prince (after a lot of girlfriends and rumors!) ;)

Regards!!

Several posts have been moved to various other threads in the forum, as they do not belong in this thread. This thread is for official information regarding Victoria and Daniel's wedding. Members' speculations and thoughts on the wedding, along with any media reports that do not provide concrete information on the wedding festivities, should be posted here.

Thank you,
JessRulz - Swedish Forum Mod

:previous:

Here is the official press release from royalcourt.se:

Officianter utnämnda till vigseln mellan Kronprinsessan Victoria och herr Daniel Westling

Följande präster har av H.M. Konungen ombetts vara officianter vid vigseln mellan Kronprinsessan Victoria och herr Daniel Westling.
Samtliga har tackat ja.

· Ärkebiskop Anders Wejryd
· Överhovpredikant och biskop emeritus Lars-Göran
Lönnermark
· Biskop Antje Jackelén (Lunds stift)
· Domprost Åke Bonnier (Stockholms
domkyrkoförsamling)
The Archbishop will officiate, while Bishop Emeritus Lars-Göran Lönnermark, Bishop Antje Jackelén and Dean Åke Bonnier will also take part.

Last edited:
Other thing: Is true that a lot of people in Sweden are protesting against the payment of the wedding by the Swedish Government? Is Spain when Prince Felipe get married with Letizia only a few of republicans protested, all the country was very happy for the wedding of the Prince (after a lot of girlfriends and rumors!)

I would think it is because of the fiancial times. But is it not decided that the government (i.e. the people) will pay half the sum and the King the other half?

The protesters are at the moment making lots of noise. The king has already committed to paying some of the cost. The government will of course pay a substantial sum as Sweden is a monarchy and the Crown Princess is entitled to a suitable wedding.

And the government will probably earn a sum on it with increase tourims and souvenir on sale. And I guess there would be some TV rights to sell and so on

The government will pay 14 million SEK for victorias wedding - the rest will the king pay. The costs for security is not in this sum - that will be covered by the normal budget for the police, the politicians seems to belive...

The swedish military forces is currently investigating how many soldiers they could put up for the wedding. They expect between 2500 and 3000 men to be aviable, of whom some 600 will belong to the Amphibious regiment's Victoria battalion.
At the wedding between King Carl XVI Gustav and Silvia Sommerlath some 2300 soldiers lined the streets. The forces expects the number to be similiar this time.
The cost will be covered within the ordinary budget of the forces. The military presence is coordinated by lieuenant-colonel Richard Beck-Friis Häll from the lifeguards who is based in suburban Stockholm just as the Amphibious regiment is.

Uppemot 3 000 militärer kan kommenderas till bröllop

Security and Safety should be foremost in the planning, especially in today's unpredictable and violent enviroment. That money is well worth every bit spent to keep them safe, and provide order for the celebration.

The government will pay 14 million SEK for victorias wedding - the rest will the king pay. The costs for security is not in this sum - that will be covered by the normal budget for the police, the politicians seems to belive...

And we are about 9 million people in Sweden... but not all of us are paying tax (some are to young to earn own money :D) so lets say... about 2 kronor each? Thats not v expensive for an extraordinary party :)
(I think 1 euro is about 10 kronor...something like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom