Pre-Wedding Information for Victoria and Daniel's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just under two weeks to this wedding I can't wait! Nobody in my house will get near the computer its my only way of watching this wedding I think.

Me too. I already told all of my friends that on that day I don't wish to be disturbed by anyone. My notebook will be my best friend on the 19th of June :whistling:

Me too. I already told all of my friends that on that day I don't wish to be disturbed by anyone. My notebook will be my best friend on the 19th of June :whistling:

I had emailed Sky to see if they were aware of any channels that would broadcast the wedding but still no reply. Just I know that the Swedish Royal Court said that 25 countries other than Sweden would be broadcasting the wedding and I was really hoping that the UK would be one of them

In an article in La Vanguardia today it says that all the SRF will go to the wedding except the king.

Seems like Juan Carlos is not a big fan of weddings:). I think it would be great to see him together with Sofia.

It's not that JC doesn't like weddings but apparently all of the SRF prefer not to travel abroad at the same time. For security's sake, you know. So it was either him or Felipe to stay in Spain and since Felipe is a good friend of Victoria's and this is a "younger generation" wedding, it is Felipe who is to attend, presumably.

It's not that JC doesn't like weddings but apparently all of the SRF prefer not to travel abroad at the same time. For security's sake, you know. So it was either him or Felipe to stay in Spain and since Felipe is a good friend of Victoria's and this is a "younger generation" wedding, it is Felipe who is to attend, presumably.

I know:)
But i think its kind of sad to see Sofia always alone at Royal Wedding. I would be nice to see them together.

Does anyone know through which link on internet can I watch the wedding?, I'm sure Colombia won't be broadcasting the wedding :'(

The upcoming royal wedding has added an extra spice to the celebrations of the Swedish national day, June 6, this year. One of the big department stores, the NK, has put up a giant photo of Victoria and Daniel on the facade and filled the shop windows with flowers and love-related paraphernalia.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Juan Carlos probably isn't going because he probably isn't cleared by his doctor to fly yet since he recently underwent surgery.

Juan Carlos probably isn't going because he probably isn't cleared by his doctor to fly yet since he recently underwent surgery.

He would not have gone even if he was totally ok.

I like what the department store has done ... very nice indeed.

Even though I only understand English is there any one who can translate on youtube the engagement interview which I have viewed but cannot understand what is being said. Oh I am sure the wedding is all in Swedish anyway so won't be able to understand a word but can look instead at the lovely pictures either on the internet or in HELLO MAGAZINE.

Can anyone tell me who the wedding dress designer is?
Am interested in how many bridesmaids she has and who they are.

I like what the department store has done ... very nice indeed.

Even though I only understand English is there any one who can translate on youtube the engagement interview which I have viewed but cannot understand what is being said. Oh I am sure the wedding is all in Swedish anyway so won't be able to understand a word but can look instead at the lovely pictures either on the internet or in HELLO MAGAZINE.

Can anyone tell me who the wedding dress designer is?
Am interested in how many bridesmaids she has and who they are.

Check out this thread for wedding musings and the like.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...as-wedding-suggestions-and-musings-20222.html

People have guessed that her dress designer will be Par Engsheden but we won't know that and probably not her bridesmaids until the wedding itself. It's fun to think about though! :flowers:

So, if they say that the Spanish royal family is attending except for the King, that means the Infatas will be there, too? I certainly hope so. I had feared that Infanta Elena might not want to go alone, now that she is divorced.

^^
The article said that the infantas were going too

Great, we are getting live feed from the wedding on two of our four main TV-channels! :D

I really hope Christian and Ingrid Alexandra will be among the flowerboys and -girls!

The chance is also there for Catharina-Amalia since she is also goddaughter of Victoria, but since she doesn't speak "scandinavian", it's probably not a good idea.

According to Billed Bladet, the court has confirmed that Christian will be page boy (or whatever you call it in English - "Brudesvend" in DK) at the wedding in Sweden.

It is considered the first official job of Christian.

Billed-Bladet - Hoffet: Ja, Christian skal være Victorias brudesvend!

ADDED: Thank you, Lumutqueen.

And I translate:

Nu er det officielt, at Victorias danske gudbarn skal være brudesvend i Storkyrkan den 19. juni.
- Now it's official that Victoria's Danish godchild will be page boy in Storkyrkan on the 19. June.

Og nu bekræfter det danske hof, at prins Christian får en fremtrædende rolle ved det royale svenske bryllup.
- And now the Danish court confirm that Prince Christian will get a prominent role at the royal Swedish wedding.

På kronprinsparrets hjemmeside fremgår det, at prins Christians opgave som brudesvend i Stockholm er skrevet ind i den kongelige kalender. Det er første gang, at den lille prins har en officiel opgave.
- At the homepage of the CP-couple it reads that Prince Christian's job a a page boy in Stockholm has been written into/added to the royal calendar. It is the first time the little Prince has an official job/task.

- All according to Billed Bladet.

Wonder if Amalia will be in the wedding?

Harry won't attend he will be in South Africa.

Page Boy is right, this is going to be his first visit to the royal stage. I am very glad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria and Daniel wanted to depict the process of their wedding in a book. Author Susanna Popova and photographer Paul Hansen have been for nine months behind the scenes following the preparations. They have been at the Haga Palace, in the church, at the wedding menu and cake tasting - and when the wedding dress was tested. Popova says that her reaction was "Wow", when she saw Victoria´s wedding dress.
Kronprinsessan Victorias brudklänning: Wow! | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

According to the Royal Dutch Calender Thread.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/royal-dutch-calendar-8497-3.html

No Dutch royal has confirmed they are attend, nothing has been mentioned through articles either.
The recent article from expressen
Google Översätt

only lists guests from Norway, Denmark, Liechenstein, Luxembourg, Serbia, Japan and the UK.

I DON`T get it..why cant Prince Joachim and princess Marie of Denmark not attend the wedding ?
Princess Elisabeth of Denmark is in the contry and she is still one of the heirs to the crown...Pleas som one explain my problem becuse i just DON`T get it...

I DON`T get it..why cant Prince Joachim and princess Marie of Denmark not attend the wedding ?
Princess Elisabeth of Denmark is in the contry and she is still one of the heirs to the crown...Pleas som one explain my problem becuse i just DON`T get it...

Has Elisabeth ever been Regent (Rigsforstander)? I can't recall that she has.

Perhaps because it's... preferred that Joachim is Regent?

I think that she was when CP Frederik and Prince Joachim was under the age 18..but i don´t know for shure..

I know Harry won't attend but I think he should. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is page boy the same thing as ring-bearer? Never heard of Page boy before. Christian will look really cute in the wedding.

Is page boy the same thing as ring-bearer? Never heard of Page boy before. Christian will look really cute in the wedding.

This is just a guess, but I think pageboys are the male version of the younger flower girls. Not 100% positive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom