The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I think it was MSNBC that showed Mary and Frederik and also Felipe and Letizia's wedding. I heard they broadcasted Letizia's because of the Spanish population. I hope they show Victoria's, but I doubt it. I think we're going to have to watch it online.

MSNBC didn't air Felipe and Letizia's wedding; Telemundo & Univision did for the reason you gave -- their Spanish-speaking audience would find that something they would be interested in. I remember MSNBC mentioning Frederik and Mary's wedding, but they didn't air it. They got married in 2004, and that was an election year -- and a very contentious one, at that. MSNBC had more important things to cover.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carola Häggkvist will sing at the wedding dinner on the 19th June, Victoria and Daniel have both wished it.
Carola ska sjunga för brudparet | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet
Carola was asked personally by Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. Ca rola said to Expressen that she feels great humility and honor of the honorable mission to sing at the Royal wedding. It is among the largest she will probably be part of.
Carola sjunger på bröllopsmiddagen - Nöje - Expressen Nöje

King Carl Gustaf pays half of the wedding costs. It will cost about 20 million swedish krones. Ten million we get from the government and the other ten million pays the king personally, says Jan Lindman, Royal Court's financial manager.
Kungen betalar halva bröllopsnotan - Sverige - Sydsvenskan

A little video of the long wedding interview, Daniel and Victoria speak about Daniel´s kidney transplant operation and the coming wedding. Daniel and Victoria start to speak about 1.30 minutes
Exklusiv intervju med kronprinsessparet - Bröllopet - tv4.se

Old 05-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know what tiara Victoria will wear on the day? Thank you in advance?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Does anyone know what tiara Victoria will wear on the day? Thank you in advance?
We won't know until the day. Like the guest list, or the designer of the dress or the menu etc.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Who is Carola Häggkvist? I've never heard of her. I know she must be thrilled to sing at their wedding!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Aristocracy

Carola Häggkvist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this is the song, she is supposed to sing

(IMO it would better fit into the programme of the government´s concert)
Old 05-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Carola Häggkvist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this is the song, she is supposed to sing

(IMO it would better fit into the programme of the government´s concert)
As far as I know Carola will sing a couple of songs. Could be a medley.
Carola is a Swedish superstar and CP has been a fan of her, (like most of us Swedes) since the early 80's.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carola Häggkvist (born 1966) has a long, over 25 years lasting successful career. She has represented Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest three times: in 1991 she won the contest, in 1983 she was third and in 2006 she finished fifth.

Victoria and Daniel Westling will drive a record long wedding procession at Stockholm, it will take more than two hours. Victoriahas demanded that the route will be record long. She wants to give as many people as possible the chance to congratulate.
Så här åker Victoria och Daniel kortege efter vigseln| Expressen
Google Translator

Victoria is doing yoga these days, it´s one of her favourites. Aftonbladet writes about how Victoria is looking better than ever at her wedding.
Så fixar Victoria bröllopskroppen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
It will probably be the cameo tiara as it is mentionned on the website of the Swedish royal family: History and traditions - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Commoner

Everybody aske, what will Victoria wear? and which tiara?

But what about the future prince? What will he wear?

I would love to see him in a uniform, but I guess that is out of the question. ( did he ever join the army)
Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen dolly View Post
Everybody aske, what will Victoria wear? and which tiara?

But what about the future prince? What will he wear?

I would love to see him in a uniform, but I guess that is out of the question. ( did he ever join the army)

Daniel will probably be wearing white tie for the wedding. Seeing as to my knowledge, he's not in the military and hasn't been given any Swedish orders, he'll simply be wearing his best tuxedo.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Daniel will probably be wearing white tie for the wedding. Seeing as to my knowledge, he's not in the military and hasn't been given any Swedish orders, he'll simply be wearing his best tuxedo.
He will most likely given the Order of the Seraphime prior to the Wedding so that he can wear it at the Wedding Day. At the moment it's not possible to give him an Order as according to the swedish Constitution (since 1974) no Orders can be given to swdish citizens (except member of the Royal Family).
Old 05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
He will most likely given the Order of the Seraphime prior to the Wedding so that he can wear it at the Wedding Day. At the moment it's not possible to give him an Order as according to the swedish Constitution (since 1974) no Orders can be given to swdish citizens (except member of the Royal Family).
But can the king really do that? Give him the order BEFORE the wedding i mean - beacuse until he has said "yes" in the church he´s not a member of the royal family just an ordinary citizen.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think he can be given order as you have to apart of the family or a non citizens, he won't be apart of the family (officially) till after the wedding. Unless there's anther lesser known one that isn't mentioned in the constitution, or another royal family decides to give him one.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video
The wedding interview made by TV4
Exklusiv intervju med kronprinsessparet - Bröllopet - tv4.se
At the beginning the interviewer is interviewed and after Victoria and Daniel have been interviewed there are Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg and another expert to talk about the interview.
Very nice interview, I liked it a lot.

Daniel Nyhlen/Svensk Damtidning about the interview:
TV: Victoria & Daniel om känslorna för varandra | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg
Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Courtier

It will be an spectacular and LONG procession through Stockholm after the wedding - i can´t wait to follow it all. When they are on Kungsgatan (kings street) people will throw confetti - just as they did at the war end 1945 - and the part where they travel on the royal barge "Vasaordern" will be quite long, much longer then the king and queen in 1976. Now i hope for good weather - and NO rain
Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gosh I wish I understood the language. I'm seriously thinking about Rosetta Stone....

How many miles will they cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
It will be an spectacular and LONG procession through Stockholm after the wedding - i can´t wait to follow it all. When they are on Kungsgatan (kings street) people will throw confetti - just as they did at the war end 1945 - and the part where they travel on the royal barge "Vasaordern" will be quite long, much longer then the king and queen in 1976. Now i hope for good weather - and NO rain
Will you actually be there? That should be fun.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Nobility

On August 19th a wedding book of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will be published. It will include private pictures of Victoria and Daniel, for example pictures of the renovations at Haga Slott and fittings of the wedding gown.

Vårt bröllop ISBN 9789127121867 - NaturOKultur

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 05-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

The ship Götheburg will participate in the festivities around the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, it will arrive to Stockholm on 14th June. The royal family has always supported our project around the world. It's therefore important for us to be there and be part of the celebration, says Richard Thor Anderson from the Svenska Ostindiska Companiet.
Götheborg deltar i prinsessfesten - GP
Old 05-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Will you actually be there? That should be fun.
I haven´t decided yet actually. It would be fun to see it live and feel the atmosphere in the city - but you will see much much more and better in front of the tv... Now i lean at viewing it infront of the tv - but we´ll see.

Closed Thread