The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: When do you think Crown Princess Victoria will get engaged to Daniel Westling…
This autumn/winter (marriage 2006) 44 23.78%
In the spring/summer of 2006 (marriage 2006) 54 29.19%
In the autumn/winter of 2006 (marriage 2007) 32 17.30%
Never 55 29.73%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Married in 2006?

Here is a new thread devoted to the latest news and pictures about Crown Princess Victoria and her boyfriend Daniel Westling.

Please remember to give the sources for all pictures you post, or otherwise they will be removed. Also remember to follow the other rules we have.

The last thread (part 10) for Victoria and Daniel can be found here.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Well, i think they will getting marry in the summer.. I would like to see them to get marry .. They are wonderful together.... thank you....

Old 09-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Nobility

IMO this winter is going to be I time for daniel to prove he can handle the job. And they will get engaged in the spring. That just what I think.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Considering that the weather in Sweden is pretty cold, my guess is that they will get engaged in the winter and have the wedding between may-september.

else they will have to go for a winter-style wedding :)
Old 09-10-2005, 04:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

On the poll, I (accidentally) put summer, but I was thinking of Australian weather. I think they will get engaged over the winter or possibly even the spring.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Lightbulb Wedding

I think if they get engaged it will be in February or March 2006 with a summer 2006 wedding sometime between June-September.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I have asked GD* to make this poll...because I think, that things are heatening.
After checking all facts and theses**, I would say, that they will get engaged in January or Febuary...and that they will marry in June or August.

*Thank you so much for doing it, GrandDuchess
**When there´s an interest I will write them here.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I have asked GD* to make this poll...because I think, that things are heatening.
After checking all facts and theses**, I would say, that they will get engaged in January or February...and that they will marry in June or August.

*Thank you so much for doing it, GrandDuchess
**When there´s an interest I will write them here.
Please tell me Lena -- do you have a crystal ball that you look into that tells you that Victoria and her Daniel will become engaged in January or February (I voted for that option, by the way)?!

And if you have that crystal ball, can you look into it for me and tell me when I might expect a (pink!) diamond from my boyfriend?! :p
Old 09-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Please tell me Lena -- do you have a crystal ball that you look into that tells you that Victoria and her Daniel will become engaged in January or February (I voted for that option, by the way)?!

And if you have that crystal ball, can you look into it for me and tell me when I might expect a (pink!) diamond from my boyfriend?! :p
Oh yes, I´m sure, he will ask you soon. (and now please give me the email-adress of your boyfriend...so that I can "bomb" him with emails, full of attachments with rings with pink diamonds ...and I wouldn´t mind, when you would post a picture-link of your dream-ring )

Well, my theses rather depend on the informations I´ve collected. Please don´t doubt my sanity

Explanation for an soon engagement:
The Westlings and the Bernadottes have met. Daniel has made this comment (about hearing more about him). The Royal court plans a new homepage. Victoria´s schedule for autumn is quite empty. Her new mentor Louise Dinkelspiel was teacher for English and lives in Banérgatan 17...Daniel lives in Banérgatan 19. So my guess is, that she is rather preparing Daniel than Victoria...and that they are fixing together the last things (e.g. sale of the gyms, Daniel´s education, enjoying the last days as unmarried and "unofficial" couple )

Explanation for an engagement in January/February:
The schedule of the Royal couple is extraordinary tight this autumn. Usually also the Monarch is involved in an engagement. They would pose together for photos and maybe there would be a ball. And I think the Swedish RF (quite professional in PR-things) wouldn´t want, that the engagement is announced in the morning (together with a press conference for the next day) and that the king has an official duty in the afternoon, where he could be asked about the engagement. Looking at the schedule the Royal couple has only a few days off in the middle of October and the end of October. IMO this would be too soon. Crown princely couples were extremely seldom longer engaged than 8 months. A wedding in May is rather something for the warmer middle and southern Europe. Further an engagement in October would mean, that Victoria´s fiancé would have to participate in the festivities to the Nobel prize award. I can´t imagine, that the court would want to confront a guy, who prefered only 1 year ago a basketball game over watching the NPA, with such a big duty.
The schedule for November is completely full for the Royal couple.
There would be a few days in the beginning of december...but this is usually a busy time for the Royal family. An other possibility would be an engagement shortly before Christmas. But then Victoria and Daniel would automatically spoil their Christmas holidays, because even the lazy swedish media would get their butts up to follow them and to photograph the happy engaged couple.
In January the Royal family has usually a little quieter schedule...hardly any trips abroad. Daniel could get used slowly to his new tasks. AND the beginning of the year is still soon enough for an engagement time of at least 6 months. What I´ve seen, especially the scandinavian monarchies prefer these days an longer engagement time of about 8 months. I think this is on the one hand to give the ppl a feeling of "here we have this unpolished diamond, namely a commoner...in the next months he/she will be polished "into the new role". And on the other hand there´s a big economic factor. The more time tourism experts, souvenir shops and newspapers have to produce and offer their goods and to heat the spirits (which would be also seen of ETW, Ann-Christin Jernberg & her team with joy and goodwill), the better for them. That´s why I think, that an engagement in March or April would be too late.

Explanation for a wedding in June or August:
As I´ve said above...for May the risk is too high, that the weather is still cold. Generally I believe in a summer wedding for Victoria. IMO summer is HER season and summer weddings are "standard" in Scandinavia.
I could imagine the beginning of June (her parents also married in June) but not July. July is the classic holiday month for Swedes AND for the other Royals in Europe. I believe Royals would rather skip duties in their country (or abroad) than to skip their sailing competetions and time at the beach for a wedding In the middle of August most Royals and Swedes return to work...but it´s often still warm. So it would be good for a wedding too (for Mette Marit and Haakon it has worked perfectly)

Old 09-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

How can one argue with this logic

I also think that IF it will be an engagement it will be in the end of december, beginning of january, deffenetly after the nobel. If Daniel attends the nobel as newly engaged it will overshadow the whole thing as happened in Norway when Mette-Marit that her first duty as engaged at the nobel in 2000.

I also agree that the best month for a wedding is in August, when many royal agendas are quite empty and it is a good chance for nice weather.

My solution would again be an engagement for Carl Philip and Emma around Christmas, keep the press busy with them and give Victoria and Daniel one more year to be absoloulty certain that he can be happy in that kind of life, or break up...
Old 09-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, thanks for the very thorough explanation Lena! (And I will be having my boyfriend contact you ASAP when he comes home from the North Pole next week! :p )

Quote:

Explanation for an engagement in January/February:
The schedule of the Royal couple is extraordinary tight this autumn ...
The schedule for November is completely full for the Royal couple ...
In January the Royal family has usually a little quieter schedule...hardly any trips abroad. ... And on the other hand there´s a big economic factor. The more time tourism experts, souvenir shops and newspapers have to produce and offer their goods and to heat the spirts (which would be also seen of ETW, Ann-Christin Jernberg & her team with joy and goodwill), the better for them. That´s why I think, that an engagement in March or April would be too late.

Way to take the romance out of an engagement! :p The romantic in me decries this explanation! It sounds more like a business transaction than Victoria and Daniel making a life-long commitment of love to each other! But the logical, rational me understands the tremendous logistics of such a momentous engagement for the royal family and for the people of Sweden. Daniel will be for the rest of his life a representative of the Swedish people and such an official "unveiling" of Daniel to the world requires some pomp and proper fervor from the masses.

(I hope my own engagement is not this scheduled! Such as planning it between issues of my magazine and my boyfriend's travel schedule! Lena -- can you see to this in your crystal ball or in the chat with my boyfriend?!)

Quote:
Explanation for an soon engagement:
The Westlings and the Bernadottes have met. Daniel has made this comment (about hearing more about him). The Royal court plans a new homepage. Victoria´s schedule for autumn is quite empty. Her new mentor Louise Dinkelspiel was teacher for English and lives in Banérgatan 17...Daniel lives in Banérgatan 19. So my guess is, that she is rather preparing Daniel than Victoria...and that they are fixing together the last things (e.g. sale of the gyms, Daniel´s education, enjoying the last days as unmarried and "unofficial" couple )
Forgive my Canadian ignorance -- what is the difference between Banérgatan 17 and Banérgatan 19?

Does this mean that Daniel has started his "princely classes" then?
Old 09-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen

My solution would again be an engagement for Carl Philip and Emma around Christmas, keep the press busy with them and give Victoria and Daniel one more year to be absoloulty certain that he can be happy in that kind of life, or break up...
I like this suggestion...but only, when Carl Philip would have finished his studies (something I´m still confused about)...and when Victoria would marry in the end an other guy :p Well, this was more or less a joke...but I think 5-6 years of dating under the current circumstances would damage the monarchy tremendously. I can already see it...Dagens industri, May 2006: "Benny and me plan now to expand with one more gym. It will be in the Royal castle and a member card will cost about 100000 crowns a month"

Quote:
Way to take the romance out of an engagement! :p The romantic in me decries this explanation! It sounds more like a business transaction than Victoria and Daniel making a life-long commitment of love to each other! But the logical, rational me understands the tremendous logistics of such a momentous engagement for the royal family and for the people of Sweden. Daniel will be for the rest of his life a representative of the Swedish people and such an official "unveiling" of Daniel to the world requires some pomp and proper fervor from the masses.

(I hope my own engagement is not this scheduled! Such as planning it between issues of my magazine and my boyfriend's travel schedule! Lena -- can you see to this in your crystal ball or in the chat with my boyfriend?!)
I think one always will search in vain for romance, when it comes to Royal engagements. I would say the most initimate and romantic moments are the private engagement (I hope Daniel´s 10000 knee bends a day make it easy for him to go on his knees ) and the wedding night (I don´t talk just about the start of the production of the Royal heir :p ) In between that, it (almost) all must be fuss...more fuss...and feelings of stress.

Maybe I could be your engagement planner, Alexandria I could coordinate the dates of you, your bf, your families and friends ...and for the wedding I could also coordinate the coordination of the wedding planner :p
And wouldn´t it be better to send him emails looking like advertisments? Well, a guy working at the north pole is likely not easy to fool. And having a smart girl as girlfriend probably even less...

Quote:
Forgive my Canadian ignorance -- what is the difference between Banérgatan 17 and Banérgatan 19?

Does this mean that Daniel has started his "princely classes" then?
"gatan" does mean "street"...so it means, that Daniel and Victoria´s new mentor must live extremely close together (even though european house numbers don´t always follow a logical scheme). My little self makes this in a way very suspicious.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
"gatan" does mean "street"...so it means, that Daniel and Victoria´s new mentor must live extremely close together (even though european house numbers don´t always follow a logical scheme). My little self makes this in a way very suspicious.
Thanks for the explanation. It does seem rather suspicious that Victoria's new mentor lives so close to Daniel. (Why does she have a new mentor by the way?)

Quote:
I would say the most initimate and romantic moments are the private engagement (I hope Daniel´s 10000 knee bends a day make it easy for him to go on his knees ) and the wedding night (I don´t talk just about the start of the production of the Royal heir :p ) In between that, it (almost) all must be fuss...more fuss...and feelings of stress.
I knew that Daniel being a work out person would come in handy one day! He chose a perfect career for getting down on bended knee to propose to the future Queen of Sweden! :p

I may be very erroneous in this comment, but I get the feeling that Victoria would not favour a super romantic proposal anyways. Not a room strewn of rose petals and candles. But as I get the sense that she is a very practical woman who is very business-like, she might want something more "efficient" for a lack of a better word.

Quote:
Maybe I could be your engagement planner, Alexandria I could coordinate the dates of you, your bf, your families and friends ...and for the wedding I could also coordinate the coordination of the wedding planner :p
And wouldn´t it be better to send him emails looking like advertisments? Well, a guy working at the north pole is likely not easy to fool. And having a smart girl as girlfriend probably even less...
Consider the job yours! I would like a fall wedding -- end of September, beginning of October. It's probably too late (not to mention too early my boyfriend would say!) for a wedding this fall, but maybe next fall. When would you say we should become engaged? My boyfriend does not for sure do all the leg bends Daniel does, so perhaps getting down on one knee might not be a good thing for him. But he is a pilot. Perhaps he could write in the sky a proposal for me?!
Old 09-12-2005, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. It does seem rather suspicious that Victoria's new mentor lives so close to Daniel. (Why does she have a new mentor by the way?)
Yes, why?! It´s said Louise Dinkelspiel is her mentor for study-things. But for me this comes about 9 years too late and it questions the work of Elisabeth T. Wahlberg, who had to arrange such things in the past. There´s clearly something rotten in the state of Sweden.

Quote:
I knew that Daniel being a work out person would come in handy one day! He chose a perfect career for getting down on bended knee to propose to the future Queen of Sweden! :p

I may be very erroneous in this comment, but I get the feeling that Victoria would not favour a super romantic proposal anyways. Not a room strewn of rose petals and candles. But as I get the sense that she is a very practical woman who is very business-like, she might want something more "efficient" for a lack of a better word.
That´s interesting...because I´ve thought about that too. Daniel´s ex has said, that he´s a guy full of new creative ideas...and the famous VD-necklace shows some actionism in love things from his side...so maybe she has to live with rose petals and candles in the engagement night Hopefully he also cleans them away after it (here we see, how torn I´m personally between romance and practical things :p )

Quote:
Consider the job yours! I would like a fall wedding -- end of September, beginning of October. It's probably too late (not to mention too early my boyfriend would say!) for a wedding this fall, but maybe next fall. When would you say we should become engaged? My boyfriend does not for sure do all the leg bends Daniel does, so perhaps getting down on one knee might not be a good thing for him. But he is a pilot. Perhaps he could write in the sky a proposal for me?!
You could still marry spontaneously in Las Vegas this fall :p Well, a wedding fanatic like you need a lot ot preparation time. Just imagine that you order a wedding cake and the other day, you would find one, that looks and tastes better (the same about the flowers, dress, songs, the honeymoon...) and you also have to make sure, that all guests have time. So why not an engagement on Valentine´s day? An good old classic and easy to remember
I´ve asked my mother, if one can fix a banner at a helicopter. She says yes...but I´m unsure, because I´ve never seen such a thing. Isn´t that too windy? Maybe others know more...
Old 09-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Aristocracy

i think lena's explanation is perfect! thanks!!
Old 09-15-2005, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Aftonbladet´s Nyhlén is searching for (the name of) a blond woman, who sat with Daniel Westling in the coffee bar "Mocco", and who is said to have looked deeply into his eyes. When you know it, you can call Nyhlén
At min 1:40 of this little (embarrassing) clip:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/player...29&clipID=2740

Well, Daniel´s sister is blond...or maybe he had just a little talk with one of his trainers...or maybe she was just an good old friend.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

BTW who has chosen "never" in the poll? The fraction of Dennism-supporters?

And why are more people convinced, that the engagement will be in spring/summer than in autumn/winter (2005/2006)? Wouldn´t the examples of the crown princes in Europe let one conclude other things?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I can´t imagine, that Victoria would look then that happy...and she wouldn´t have been with Daniel at CP´s party.
If we want or not, it´s pretty clear, that they will stay together forever (or at least for 5+ years of marriage)

How is that with you, Mixer...don´t you meet with female friends in times, in which you have a girlfriend?
Maybe she sold her shares in his company and made a big profit
Old 09-17-2005, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Maybe she sold her shares in his company and made a big profit
So she was poor before she met Daniel?
Nooooohhoooo, to me she has clearly the glowing look of a hunter, who has bagged the prey...and who is sure to have a wee baby to cuddle and pamper in the nearer future.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
So she was poor before she met Daniel?
Nooooohhoooo, to me she has clearly the glowing look of a hunter, who has bagged the prey...and who is sure to have a wee baby to cuddle and pamper in the nearer future.
Not poor shes just richere and by the way there is nor friendship between males and females its always about one thing

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, polls, wedding