The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: When do you think Crown Princess Victoria will get engaged to Daniel Westling…
This autumn/winter (marriage 2006) 44 23.78%
In the spring/summer of 2006 (marriage 2006) 54 29.19%
In the autumn/winter of 2006 (marriage 2007) 32 17.30%
Never 55 29.73%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Aftonbladet is helping Daniel with a little graphic. Five steps to a princess-wedding:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0509/29/gifta_368.jpg
(One please note the wild hair of Ann Christin Jernberg in picture nr. 4 )

Victoria was asked in China about an eventual wedding...and she says, what she always says: At the moment a wedding isn´t on the plan. The day an engagement would be on the plan, this would be announced the correct way. She understands, that there´s an interest in her private life, but she also hopes for respect.
Victoria was asked, if a candidate can ask also her, without asking the parents firstly. She answers: "It´s possible, but I think Mamma and Pappa would want to know about such a thing too" (something which is for us Medelsvensson also understandable...but it doesn´t explain, why one can´t tell them AFTER the private engagement )

On the question if Daniel will accompany her during her private trip through China she says to Aftonbladet: "No, no one will come (with me), you are interested in."

The bladet also tells, how other Royals have asked their partners.
Princess Christina (sister of the king) asked her hubby self (Maybe Victoria should have a talk to her)

Something I didn´t know, but which was very nice to read:
Ari Behn spread a labyrinth out of pictures and white Märtha-lilies. It ended in a room, where he waited for her. According to Märtha these were the most nervous minutes in her life (well, I dunno, if this story is true. But I hope so. And it could be an inspiration for Alexandria´s boyfriend )

Prince Charles went on his knees and asked Camilla the classic way (well, I´ve always thought this was more or less a joke of Charles)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...705762,00.html

Old 09-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Can please someone translate me this part:

När vill kronprinsessan ha barn?
- Jag tänkte väl just det... Nej, när jag känner mig mogen.
När skulle det kunna vara?
- Ja, det vet man aldrig.
Hur många barn vill kronprinsessan ha?
- Ja, inte en sån som du i alla fall. Då skulle jag inte vilja ha något!

I think I get it...but in my version, the last sentence is extremely cheeky. So I wonder, if I´m maybe wrong

The other part of the Expressen-interview is not much different to the Aftonbladet-article above.
She (only) also tells, that she´s surprised about the enormous development of China. She was prepared for that, but she was though surprised to see, that Beijing is like any other big city.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=443500

Old 09-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Can please someone translate me this part:

När vill kronprinsessan ha barn?
- Jag tänkte väl just det... Nej, när jag känner mig mogen.
När skulle det kunna vara?
- Ja, det vet man aldrig.
Hur många barn vill kronprinsessan ha?
- Ja, inte en sån som du i alla fall. Då skulle jag inte vilja ha något!
Here´s a try :)

When do the crownprincess wish to have babies?
- I thought so... When I feel ready for it
And when might that be?
- Well, you never know
How many children do the crownprincess wish for?
- Not someone like you, thats for sure. Then I wouldn´t want any at all

yennies comment: the last sentence is very confusing, even in swédish. I have no idea what she means.
The article said she was mad at one reporter for writin that she didn´t like chinese food...?? Perhaps a answer like that is some sort of revenge on him
Old 09-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie

And when might that be?
- Well, you never know

yennies comment: the last sentence is very confusing, even in swédish. I have no idea what she means.
The article said she was mad at one reporter for writin that she didn´t like chinese food...?? Perhaps a answer like that is some sort of revenge on him
Thank you Yennie. :) So my idea of a translation wasn´t too far away from yours. As I see now, Expressen has edited the article during the day. In the morning, it seemed as if this comment was directed to a reporter from Expressen.
But it seems it was to one from Aftonbladet. They say in the article, that Victoria had rebuked him earlier, because he wrote, that Ernst Billgren said, that he and Victoria railed about the food at a dinner. To the article was also a denial of ambassador Börje Ljunggren added, who said, that Billgren is wrong. So according to the Expressen-article Victoria said to the journalist (Markus Gustafsson, a substitute for our favourite Nyhlén) "You should get one time a really bad soup! Besides I´ve everyday said, that the chinese food is fantastic and until now I had nothing, I didn´t like"

So it seems Victoria and Mr. Gustafsson have some misunderstandings...which she should IMO have with Ernst Billgren...then again I don´t know, how Gustafsson treated her during the trip...nonetheless I don´t think, that a Royal should say such a thing (I mean the comment with not having children, when they would be like him) to a journalist. Even in a kidding mood said, it doesn´t improve the relationship to the journalists and IMO it comes over quite invidious and offending.
I´ve never thought, that I would say that: Daniel´s interview last week, was a lot better than Victoria´s this week (well, he could avoid questions to children and engagements, but still...)
Old 09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you Lena. If she really said those words it is very "low" and childlish of her. She usually is very ptofessional and imo she must be, just like the rest of us. Beeing "crownprincess" is her job (which we pay her for )
In a way, the photographers and journalist are her co-workers and just because one doesn´t like a co-worker, there is no need to say things like that
Old 09-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Courtier

With his hair line, greasy slicked back hair and his facial expressions, he reminds me of "Eddie Munster".
Old 09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
With his hair line, greasy slicked back hair and his facial expressions, he reminds me of "Eddie Munster".
He totally does! I think he would look a lot better if he made his hair softer and less greasy.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
He totally does! I think he would look a lot better if he made his hair softer and less greasy.
And maybe if he tried to actually smile. He always seems to have a stupid expression on his face. Something between a smirk and a grimace. He has platapus (sp?) lips!

He rarely looks like he is in a good mood. And you rarely never see both him in CP Victoria looking like they enjoy being in each others company.

But I guess it's hard to enjoy being in someones company when that person looks like eddie munster!:p
Old 09-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
And maybe if he tried to actually smile. He always seems to have a stupid expression on his face. Something between a smirk and a grimace. He has platapus (sp?) lips!

He rarely looks like he is in a good mood. And you rarely never see both him in CP Victoria looking like they enjoy being in each others company.

But I guess it's hard to enjoy being in someones company when that person looks like eddie munster!:p
Like Eddie munster...my oh my...the descriptions of Daniel´s look, I´ve heard in the past weeks could fill a whole zoo (like a monkey, cat, lizard, platypus...)

He makes some big styling errors...and he has problems to relax, but I don´t think he´s an ugly man. When I make a list of him and the crown princes in my mind, then Daniel would be among the top 3.
I like his lips...they look (esp. for a man) very "sensual"...it are only his grimaces, which make him looking strange.
When he laughs, then he looks quite nice.

This pic was taken from a scan from Ritva´s magazine-page (www.ritva.com). Usually I wouldn´t do that, but a genuine smile of Daniel is rare
Old 09-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Courtier

I do agree, actually the guy isn't bad-looking at all. He's possibly quite uncomfortable when the press people are around, so his smile might come over as forced. But hey - do you want to fend off photographers with a stick? In the last picture, he actually looks nice.

(But someone tell him to get a decent hair cut, for heaven's sake!)
Old 09-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Nobility

Thumbs down Pull your socks up ladies!

What kind of discussion is this about Daniels look? Is this a forum amog 13 year old teengirls dicussing: "he is more handsome"...( giggling and titter):p I think ist's unfair and mean with that sort of discussions. He must be hell of a man if he can manage standing discussions like this. Perheps You shold think about other qualitys a man mus have being married to a Crownprincess (if he ever will...)? Calm down ladies and show us some dignity!
Old 09-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
What kind of discussion is this about Daniels look? Is this a forum amog 13 year old teengirls dicussing: "he is more handsome"...( giggling and titter):p I think ist's unfair and mean with that sort of discussions. He must be hell of a man if he can manage standing discussions like this. Perheps You shold think about other qualitys a man mus have being married to a Crownprincess (if he ever will...)? Calm down ladies and show us some dignity!
Sounds like an interesting discussion waiting for me Well, I could now come up with equality...and how Royal women are discussed.
But it seems Victoria really gets better away than Daniel...even among Swedes. What I´ve read, they "just" think, that she isn´t as beautiful as her sister...but Daniel is compared to animals...and they come up with the cliché, that bodybuilders are stupid.
So let´s not be so mean and superficial...and let´s discuss the other qualities a prince consort must have (does "a good sixpack" belong to looks, or does this just mean, that he can carry the heir better around :p ). Well, seriously, what is important for a prince consort...and what has Daniel. Ladies, please??

BTW Karisma, I´ve checked your profile...for a second, I´ve thought, that you could be related to the Westlings or Westrings. But it seems you are just nice :)
Old 09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I can nearly see the time on his watch; how did they get that close to him to take photos? When were they taken? Hmm, maybe Daniel just likes high-heeled shoes. That didn't come out right. By the way Lena, I love your signature. Thanks for posting the photos.
The pics, you mean, were made in summer 2004 in Båstad (during the tennis-week, when Daniel always trains upper class ppl, who can´t live without him, in a hotel). He even posed for the cameras. But I´m (just like you) though surprised, that they also got close-ups, while he phoned.
Yes, maybe he just likes them. But he simply isn´t very tall (just as the king, the prince, Daniel I...), so it makes sense. So to say it in other words: Imagine prince Felipe would wear such shoes, and Letizia flat ones. The ppl would start to wonder, who/what the little beetle next to Felipe is :p
When Daniel, on the other hand, would wear these shoes and Victoria her white shoes, then both would harmonise
Old 09-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Just fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
BTW Karisma, I´ve checked your profile...for a second, I´ve thought, that you could be related to the Westlings or Westrings. But it seems you are just nice :)
I can assure You I'm not related to Daniels family (Westling). I don't know them at all. I'm not always nice, (thank's:o ) but I try to be fair.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Courtier

I think saying how we think he looks is not being unfair. We're stating opinions (and that's what this whole board is for basically). We're making observations and stating our personal opinions. Don't jump on us and call us immature 13 year olds for making judgements because that's a judgment itself.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Wow Viktoria is mean to a reporter... Maybe she has got some serious problems within her relationship. Maybe Daniel prefers to be the king of gymn owners instead of getting a prince of Sweden. Wouldn't that be a degradtion? Or she just had her days...
Old 09-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
First of all, we are not " judging" him at all. If I had done that, I could have commented on something like his personality or character, or how he should treat other people better, but I did not. I do not know him so therefore I do not pass judgement on people that I do not personally know. He could be and probably is a very nice peson for all I know, but saying so would be judging him. As for being unfair, if giving ones opinion on a thread is unfair because that specific person being talked about is not here to defend him/or herself, Forums like this should not exsist. And I don't think that I need to consider his other qualities given that he has no relevance to me and/or my life.
And as for calming down, no one was or is excited. And as for suggesting that I have not acted in a dignifed manner, because I commented on his smile and hair, is passing judgment on me, which is not very nice at all.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Lena,
Thank you for the picture. I have never seen him w/a real smile and it does change his face. He does look nice when he smiles. But he really does need to change his glasses and hair cut. This look is just to "hard" for him.:)
Old 09-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie

And when might that be?
- Well, you never know

The interview sounds unusual and very rude coming from Victoria. Perhaps there was some kind of mishap in printing. Translations here are usually excellent and comprehendible and I cannot imagine the Crown Princess saying such rude things.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
I think saying how we think he looks is not being unfair. We're stating opinions (and that's what this whole board is for basically). We're making observations and stating our personal opinions. Don't jump on us and call us immature 13 year olds for making judgements because that's a judgment itself.
Well said! Often times it is the appearance of female royals that gets criticized or commented on, and I see no reason that the appearance of a prospective male royal can't be commented (or criticized) on as well.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, polls, wedding