It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the court announces the christening date, everything else is a rumour.

That is really kind of cute. Victoria thinks the baby should be doing things other than eating and sleeping. I thought that was cute. I say enjoy it now because once she hits the terrible twos, look out!

That is really kind of cute. Victoria thinks the baby should be doing things other than eating and sleeping. I thought that was cute. I say enjoy it now because once she hits the terrible twos, look out!

I wonder how you child proof a palace? Do they even make gates wide enough to block off a grand staircase?

Actually what she said was ...all she does is eat and sleep... By putting "But" in the sentence it changes the meaning. Careless editing.

i hope that they can accept the invitation, it was such a nice gesture to name a rose after the little princess.

Ah that is really sweet. What a nice gesture. If only that little girl knew what she was born into. The life of a princess. Oh my. :)

I wonder how you child proof a palace? Do they even make gates wide enough to block off a grand staircase?
I remember Prince Edward in a documentary talking about an absolutely fabulous hallway, so big you could entertain in it, and so long you could play cricket. He related how he and his brothers used to drive their pedal cars along it and bump into the furniture! I guess that's how antique furniture gets that worn effect! Kids are a part of palace life. :lol:

Iltasanomat quotes Expressen:
Queen Silvia said in Germany that it is wonderful and fantastic to be a grandmother. She was asked what the little princess looks like. Should I tell, wondered Silvia and said: She is really like a little porcelain doll, very cute. She also said that Estelle reminds Victoria more than Daniel. She was also asked if the little princess has inherited characters from her. Silvia laughed and said that she hopes so.

Iltasanomat quotes Expressen:
Queen Silvia said in Germany that it is wonderful and fantastic to be a grandmother. She was asked what the little princess looks like. Should I tell, wondered Silvia and said: She is really like a little porcelain doll, very cute. She also said that Estelle reminds Victoria more than Daniel. She was also asked if the little princess has inherited characters from her. Silvia laughed and said that she hopes so.
What a lack of self-esteem...:lol::lol::lol:

What a lack of self-esteem...:lol::lol::lol:
Lack of self-esteem? It was a very diplomatic answer to a very stupid question. The baby is a month old. I doubt she is showing much personality yet to be compared to her grand-mother or anyone else.

Queen Silvia gave an interview to Aftonbladet on Wednesday, finnish MTV3 quotes the interview:
- Estelle is like a wonder. She is so cute and looks like her parents, says the queen.
There has been quite a media hassle around the royal family because of the birth and they haven´t wanted to comment the happy family event before this. Queen Silvia is on a brilliant mood and tells that she is so happy that Victoria giving birth went so well.
- I and the king are very proud and happy about that little Estelle, the crown princess and the father are doing so well.
The first meeting with her granddaughter went fine. Silvia tells that every grandparent feels the same when they see their grandchild for the first time.
- You can not really understand that there it is, the little child, and she is a part of the family. Suddenly Victoria and Daniel are three people instead of two.
I remember how happy I and the king were when we got the crown princess.
The queen tells a little also about the baptism. The birth of Estelle is especially big occasion, because she will inherit the crown from her mother.
- Estelle will inherit the crown from Victoria and that is something very special. At the moment we are thinking about the guest list and whom we shall invite to the baptism.
Kuningatar Silvia kuvailee Estelleä ihmeeksi - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Last edited:
:previous:
Lovely interview, thank you for translating and posting, LadyFinn! :flowers:
Answering the reporters' questions today (on the first day of the Prince fo Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's visit to Sweden), Queen Silvia also said Charles and Camilla might meet little Estelle. Camilla is now an experienced grandmother, so I'm sure she'll have some tips for the Queen.

I love the one of Victoria and Estelle. What a touching look at the new family.

Beautiful pictures ... although, I could have done without the flowers in Victoria's hair. (Sorry!)

These are the most precious pictures I've ever seen! What a beautiful family!!

The pictures of Princess Estelle with her parents are just lovely. The one of her with Crown Princess Victoria especially. :wub:

soooooo beautiful family! victoria look so adorable with her little princess! the baby look axatly like her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom