It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they will take a 3 generation photo on the day of the christening. I Hope they will take a 4 generation photo too. I know there are not 4 living generations in a straight line but i hope to see a photo of 4 generation Bernadottes with Princess Estelle, her mother Crown Princess Victoria, her father Carl XVI Gustaf and his uncle Count Carl Johan Bernadotte :)

That may very well happen, given how close Victoria is to Carl Johan. And let's not forget Lillian! She may not be related by blood, but she's still part of the family.

None of them are royal names. The royal family have never used nicknames. Our King could easily be called Calle or Gurra but no one does that. Media is calling Victoria and Madeleine "Vickan" and "Madde" but they are not happy with that and they never uses that names in private life.
The members of the royal family do have nicknames, as well as the members of their inner circle, Lussan, Noffan, Noppe och Trosan | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje but it's not names used by the public, just by their group of friends.

The king was known as Tjabo when he was younger, and the royal childrens' nicknames were Oja for Victoria, Lippy for Carl Philip and Len for Madeleine. So I guess that Estelle will have a nickname, but probably not Stella, perhaps Ella or Eja or Tell or some other "baby talk" name, given to her by the childen of Victoria's friends.

And let's not forget Lillian! She may not be related by blood, but she's still part of the family.
I would love to see a photo with Lilian, but as she has Alzheimers and have had it for several years now I doubt there will be.

Usually nicknames aren't formally announced. They are just a name that close friends and family use for their loved ones.

Doesn't Victoria have a nickname? Vickan I believe? I read once that Madde and Carl Philip sometimes call her Vickan. Even Carl Philip has a nickname, Lippy I believe. I won't be surprised if they call her Stella in private.

And Queen Silvia doesn't have a nickname?

Usually nicknames aren't formally announced. They are just a name that close friends and family use for their loved ones.

Doesn't Victoria have a nickname? Vickan I believe? I read once that Madde and Carl Philip sometimes call her Vickan. Even Carl Philip has a nickname, Lippy I believe. I won't be surprised if they call her Stella in private.

Vickan is a nickname given by the press. Victoria is called Oja by her family and close friends.

Svensk Damtidning tells in it´s paper version about Daniel´s love gift to Victoria - he surprised her at the hospital.
Svensk Damtidning avslöjar: Kärleksgåvan till kronprinsessan Victoria | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

Last edited:
Do we know if there will only be family pictures on occasion of the christening?

To me, Victoria & Daniel look very much alike anyway (like siblings) but when looking at the baby I think Estelle has the features of her father (what might completely change when she gets older).

Wow, I see I'm 59 pages late in offering my CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :clap: :cheers: :heart1: :hug:

I first read about it in PEOPLE magazine last week or so, and fell in love with that darling picture of Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's beautiful baby girl. :heart:

That said, only now have I seen her name, and I have to be honest I'm a little disappointed. The entire name reminds me of a Spanish, not a Swedish one. Jmho. Though I'm sure it will grow on me over time. :)

But it doesn't say what it was. Does anyone know anything?

In North America we call it a push present — a gift from a man to a woman after she's given birth to their child.
Even if a woman had Ceasarean section and didn't push?:lol:

Victoria and daniel do look alike, and sometimes I think Daniel resembles Carl Philip. It might just be the chin/jawline. So is this fuss over the nickname over? I swear I have never seen such insanity over a nickname for a child in my life; come to my country and you will see some people nicknamed Bubba. :bang:

Bubba - quite common in the south. I recently lost a dear friend who was known as - Spot! The orneriest little Scotsman you'd ever hope to meet - and a true friend.

I would be sooooo happy having a new tiara addition for Sweden!!!!
BYe Bine

I put this comparison picture together using pictures of Victoria and Daniel as a baby and obviously Estelle. The first 3 are of Estelle then we have Victoria as a baby a few days old. The we have the only picture of Daniel as a baby and then we have Victoria on Christmas 1977

http://i42.tinypic.com/x2scja.jpg

I put this comparison picture together using pictures of Victoria and Daniel as a baby and obviously Estelle. The first 3 are of Estelle then we have Victoria as a baby a few days old. The we have the only picture of Daniel as a baby and then we have Victoria on Christmas 1977

http://i42.tinypic.com/x2scja.jpg

I still see more Victoria in her, especially around the lips, but I think she has her daddy's chubby cheeks already!

Thanks for the pictures ghost_night554 :)

Your very welcome! :flowers: I thought she looked like a mixture of both parents but now I go back to my original opinion that she looks more like Victoria.

Last edited:
According to SvenskDam, the royal court has hired a nanny, but she hasn´t started her job yet. Victoria and Daniel have wanted to take care of their little princess themselves. Ewa Westling has been staying in Haga for some time.

Estelle looks alot like her mother: especially the ears, mouth and nose.

I can't really tell if she resembles Victoria or Daniel more, but in the pictures we have of little Estelle she reminds me more of Daniel. I hope we will soon see some pictures of her with her eyes wide open! :)

Wounder when the baptism is. We can rule out 20th May since Joachims newborn is baptised then and we can rule out Feast of the Ascension day that is a churchday since its May 17. April is to soon and June is to late imho.

mattep74 said:
Wounder when the baptism is. We can rule out 20th May since Joachims newborn is baptised then and we can rule out Feast of the Ascension day that is a churchday since its May 17. April is to soon and June is to late imho.

Maybe they'll go for 19th June? It's quite a symbolic date, after all.

I don't think they'll wait till 19th June, Estelle will be nearly 4 months by then and it's Tuesday. I've a feeling she'll be christened before Danish princess, either 12th or 19th May. There won't be many guest going to both christenings, so it does not matter even if they take place day after day.

Assuming that Frederik and Mary (and maybe QMII seeing as Estelle is the firstborn and heir) will be invited to Estelle's christening, I doubt it'll be on May 19. It's too soon.

Not really too soon, Victoria was born 14 July, christened 29 September that's 2 and half months old. Madeleine was also two and half months old when she was christened, only with Carl Philip it took longer 3 and half months, but AFAIK he was born early so that may be the reason why. If they follow the patern Estelle may be very well christened in the first half of May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom