It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And a proud uncle behind the camera, lets not forget about him. I think Carl Philip will be around them as much as possible.

Indeed. I think you have to genuinely care to capture such a lovely and tender moment. Prince Carl Philip is going to be a doting uncle. :)

Last edited:
Honestly; I think Estelle looks like a baby right now. I understand the whole look like Mum, look like Dad. But she looks like a baby to me.
I gree.It's difficult to determine who the baby looks like as his or her face changes every few days.To me,All babies look similar in their first days.Princess Estelle looks exactly like my daughter.

Last edited:
Victoria seems to be doing so well physically after the birth of their lovely princess. Our doctor advised not going out in the winter for a month and a half! Great picture, thanks for posting.

Indeed. I think you have to genuinely care to capture such a lovely and tender moment. Prince Carl Philip is going to be a doting uncle. :)

I agree. My respect for Carl-Philip has gone up significantly since his little niece was born. He rivals Daniel in pride over Victoria and Estelle! :flowers:

Beautiful photograph of the family on a walk. Taken by a very proud uncle, no doubt.

It is a wonderful picture of the new parents enjoying a walk with their daughter. Probably just me but I wouldn't mind a picture of the doting Uncle Carl Philip with her. It is nice for Victoria to have family around. :flowers:

Bertil Ternert about the walk in the park
- As they make their first walk they wanted to it would be published in this way. Crown Princess couple knows that perhaps many are in the Haga Park and waiting just for them.
According to Bertil Ternert Prince Carl Philip captured the family photo just before they left the palace park area.
So they walked in the Haga Park outside the palace area?
- Yes, I got that impression.
Här är Estelle på sin första promenad | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Awww...look at them in their own happy little world, only eyes for Estelle. So sweet! Proud parent and uncle!! :)

I hope we can see the Crownprincess with her baby in her arms soon!

I thought Queen Silvia's choice of black clothes was strange as well.

They were all wearing black and white: Queen Silvia, Daniel's mother and his sister. I thought there must be a special reason that they dressed this way. (?)

I love the look on their faces. And yes, it is nice to think of CarlP there taking the picture. It is so nice of them to share the photos with everyone.

Congratulations to the couple on the baby girl!!! cute baby indeed, I liked her name.

Daniel tog bilden på lilla Estelle | Babylyckan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

The article translated (badly) into English:

Daniel took the pictures of little Estelle

Newborn princess was photographed by her father

The court chose to keep secret who took the first pictures of Estelle. But Aftonbladet can now reveal the truth about the historical pictures. It was Prince Daniel who photographed her newborn daughter.

The whole Sweden has been expecting. But yesterday the court finally released the first pictures of the princess Estelle. The newborn royalty is visible on three photographs wearing a white cardigan knitted by the Crown Princess's grandmother Alice Sommerlath.

The fact that Estelle is wearing that particular garment is no coincidence.

- Alice was very important to Victoria. So this is a way for the princess to pay tribute to his late grandmother. The fact that the court chooses to go out with that information is well thought out, says Roger Lundgren, hovexpert.

A great interest

Princess Estelle was born at 4:26 Thursday morning and just eight hours later the first picture was published on the court's Facebook page. Not much more was visible than a white hat that stuck up under a blanket.

In the new images you can for the first time see the newborn princess's face.

- We have decided to go out with these pictures because the interest was so great. The Princess was photographed out on the Haga Palace when she is four days old. But I will not say anything about the exact date or who the photographer is, says Bertil Ternert, court information officer.

According to him it is "someone in the family" who has stood behind the camera. When Aftonbladet interviewed Victoria and Daniel in mid-February, said the princess:

- It will probably be father who will take the first picture.

But Aftonbladet can now reveal that it is not our monarch interested in photography behind the first pictures of Estelle. Instead, it is Prince Daniel, who decided to self photograph her daughter.

Just as he himself - at a press conference at 07 o'clock last Thursday - chose to tell the family received a 3280 grams heavy and 51 centimeters tall daughter.

- It has become abundantly clear in recent days how talented Daniel is at communicating. And it's logical that he as a father would take the first picture, says Roger Lundgren.

So far, few outside the royal family's inner circle have seen the newborn princess. Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt met Estelle day after birth under the witness confirmation.

"Like her mother"

- A very cute princess who resembles both of her parents. She looks a lot like her mother, he said then.

Even Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister - who was also present - describes Estelle as a copy of Victoria.

- She is very like her mother. But she does not have quite as much hair as the Crown Princess had, she said.

The word at the court is that they may dig up more pictures of the happy family and, according to Aftonbladet, the Crown Princess's own stylist already visited Haga Palace.

- I am convinced that there will soon be a family photograph where we get to see Victoria and Daniel together with Estelle who has her eyes open, says Roger Lundgren.
I love the fact that Daniel took the photos. I guess the king felt it would be the father's task to do so. :)

She is so cute! She has a mix of both her parents.

Last edited:
I am receiving the German Ikea-Newsletter. The current issue is very nice. It's titled: "It is nice that you are here, little princess" and refers to Estelles birth. All visitors and customers are getting on princess-cakes for free if they visit Ikea until Saturday. And they offers some (maybe reduced) baby articles.

Here is the welcome-greet for Estelle from Ikea.

http://picikea.de/im/files/GJ12/0000_Zentral/20120224_baby/editorial.jpg

:previous:

That's really cute. I have never thought about Ikea doing something when the baby was born. And I was just thinking: Did they do something similar when Victoria and Daniel got married? Something like a mini wedding cake maybe? I also can't remember that. :ermm:

My thoughts of the photo: Proud parents on their first walk with their little daughter. I'm sure they don't even recognize that they're smiling like the cat that got the canary. I haven't kids of myself but I remember how I felt when I saw pics of my wedding. I was like "Wow! Did I ever not smile like I just won the lottery?" I bet Victoria and Daniel will have a very similar feeling when they see photos of this first few days as parents in years to come. :flowers:

Last edited:
I love that pic in the park... they really shine with happiness !

The crown princess seems to be recovering well and quickly; I wouldn't be surprised to see her come out for her name day, in March, correct? [speculation on my part, of course!]

Oh, so jealous. I love the Brio pram! We can't get those here.

I can just see Victoria and Danial making regular walks in Haga park part of the family schedule.

Victoria seems to be doing so well physically after the birth of their lovely princess. Our doctor advised not going out in the winter for a month and a half! Great picture, thanks for posting.
The weather on Tuesday when the photo was taken was springlike, sunny and about 5° Centigrades, but probably feeling warmer in the sunshine.

The weather on Tuesday when the photo was taken was springlike, sunny and about 5° Centigrades, but probably feeling warmer in the sunshine.

5 degrees and springlike! Yikes! :) I'm in Australia and it's summer here, so I've just gone through a weekend of 40 degrees centigrade :sad: I cannot wait for Autumn weather...nice 27 degree days and 13 degree nights :)

I love the photo. I think Victoria and Daniel want to show us they are just normal parents too :) I love the fact CP took the photo...what a proud uncle!

I also read that Daniel took the photos of little Estelle. I am glad the King and Queen have stepped back and let the new parents have the limelight.

Princess Estelle has the Bernadotte features

:flowers:At long last Princess Victoria has a baby to kiss instead of kissing Prince Daniel hands frequently. Estelle just sleep on. she resembles her mother and has the Bernadotte features and Victoria chin all babies are beautiful. Estelle open those eyes and let us see your first smile.;)

I remember when Princess Victoria was a baby and her little daughter sure looks like her.
Such a cute little girl and we Brazilians are proud that her grandmother Sylvia has links with our country.
May the little princess have a long and happy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom