It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The director of the information department, Bertil Ternert, said yesterday that they know that everyone is waiting for a photo of Estelle. He said that Victoria and Daniel were quick with the first photo (from the hospital) and that they will be quick with the next photo too.
Victoria´s stylist Tina Törnqvist was seen leaving the Haga Palace last evening. She said just that she works for the court and didn´t want to speculate about the photo of the family.

When does Princess Estelle get her own page in the SRF website? After the christening?

Congratulations to the couple and loads of health and happiness to the little princess.
I didn´t care for the name, but if it pleases the parents that´s what is important right.

Excuse my ignorance, but i keep seeing the name reported also as Estelle Silvia Dr Mary. Since i have seen it in more than one article i am wondering what that is...At this point it cannot be a copy and paste mistake, right?
Anyone knows?

Do you mean copy paste in Google?
Anyway, her name is 100% Estelle Silvia EWA Mary, wok kym.

Reporter Lena Mellin in Aftonbladet:
"The significance of the name, star, is touching. So obviously child loving Victoria is at 34 not a young mother. Father Daniel is 38. That their first-born is a star in family heaven need not be doubted. That it is manifested even in her name is, as I said, heartwarming. But I'm easily moved, it should be recognized."
"But Mary? Although Victoria is friends with Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and godmother to her eldest son feels the election because of that so-so. Maybe Victoria and Daniel have thought of Mary Poppins?"
Viktigast att föräldrarna ser dottern som en stjärna | Babylyckan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Bigraphy of Estelle Bernadotte in Wikipedia:

Estelle Manville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice that Victoria and Daniel honoured such a good woman by giving their daughter her name as first. Although it doesn't sound "queenly".

Maybe if it were a boy, they would have named him Folke after Estelle's husband?

Nice that Victoria and Daniel honoured such a good woman by giving their daughter her name as first. Although it doesn't sound "queenly".

I´ve been thinking - did Beatrix sound queenly when she was born? Does Mette-Marit sound queenly, has there been talk in Norway that she must take another name when she is the queen?

wok_kym said:
Excuse my ignorance, but i keep seeing the name reported also as Estelle Silvia Dr Mary. Since i have seen it in more than one article i am wondering what that is...At this point it cannot be a copy and paste mistake, right?
Anyone knows?

Google translate does very funny things. It took me a while to deduce that they translated 'heir to the throne' as 'towering wing'. I believe Queen Silvia was derived as 'Helen Keller' at some point.

"But Mary? Although Victoria is friends with Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and godmother to her eldest son feels the election because of that so-so. Maybe Victoria and Daniel have thought of Mary Poppins?"
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/babylyckan/article14429336.ab

Mary Poppins? Right... If they thought about naming their daughter for a "nanny", they could have chosen "Nanny" directly as her first name, for that's the name of Daniel's maternal grandmother.... :whistling:

Of course Beatrix sounds queenly. Whether Mette Marit sounds queenly is beside the point as she married into the royal family and will only be a queen consort. I mean, Charlene is not a queenly name (it makes me think of the Australian soap Neighbours) but it doesn't really matter for her.

It's interesting, though, that Kate uses Catherine officially, partly I'm sure because 'Queen Kate' is not nearly as regal as 'Queen Catherine'.

It's interesting, though, that Kate uses Catherine officially, partly I'm sure because 'Queen Kate' is not nearly as regal as 'Queen Catherine'.

Not that interesting considering Catherine is her actual name. Unless her name was actually Kate, she wouldn't be Queen Kate.

I don't think Beatrix sounds like the name of a queen at all, but it sure does work for the Queen of the Netherlands. Mette-Marit, Maxima, and Camilla don't sound like queen names either, although Queen Maxima sounds fantastic. There is nothing wrong with the name Estelle except people wanted her to have a traditional Swedish name and they didn't get their wish.

Google translate does very funny things. It took me a while to deduce that they translated 'heir to the throne' as 'towering wing'. I believe Queen Silvia was derived as 'Helen Keller' at some point.

My bad...i hadnt thought about google translate!!
Thanks!

Kate could continue to refer to herself as such, but tellingly, uses Catherine all the time now. I'm sure the fact that it's more elegant is part of it.

Beatrix has to be one of the most regal names I know. It's not so much that I wanted a 'traditional' name or an old fashioned name for Victoria's daughter. I just didn't think they'd use such a naff name for a future monarch.

Who knows, maybe Victoria and Daniel are fans of the Grammy winning British rapper and singer of the same name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estelle_(musician)

Anyone knows?

The autotranslators convert Ewa to Dr - just a funny quirk of computerized translations

Now this is great news, congratulations to the happy couple!!!! :flowers:
May the little Princess have a long happy life, God bless!!!!!!! :princess: :rose:

I wonder how the christening of little Estelle will be. Will it be a big national event like the christening of Prince Christian of Denmark or a small family event like the christening of Infanta Leonor of Spain?

How was it in Victoria's or Carl-Philip's (he was at this point Crown Prince of Sweden) case?

I wonder how the christening of little Estelle will be. Will it be a big national event like the christening of Prince Christian of Denmark or a small family event like the christening of Infanta Leonor of Spain?

How was it in Victoria's or Carl-Philip's (he was at this point Crown Prince of Sweden) case?

The christenings of Carl Philip, Victoria and Madeleine where are all big Events and took place at the Place Church of the Royal Palace in Stockholm where the Te Deum was held yesterday. So probaly the christening of Estelle will be also take place there.

Well, since Estelle is "only" the daughter of the Crownprincess and not of the King like Victoria was during the time of her baptism it might become a much smaller baptism ceremony.
Besides: After all those strange occurences (announcing on February 2nd the child won´t be born before early March, announcing the birth at 7.00 a.m. where everybody was still asleep, stealing away with the baby through the rear entrance, giving a ridiculous name like they wanted to make clear: "Hey if we will call her Donald Duck then it´s not your business, and besides, we don´t care whether she will be Queen one day...") I sometimes believe they might appear in Jeans and Sneakers and baptism her in Öckelbö....

Doctors can give you a best guess as to birthdate but the babies themselves arrive when they are ready. As for announcing it at 7AM, well no announcement was really needed, the hospital was surrounded by media waiting for the news and filling empty airtime talking amongst themselves. Parents get to choose their own childrens names, they dont have to rely on government committees or public opinion polls for name selection. Estelle is also a name that is not unknown in the Bernadotte family, including a current grand niece of the King.

The name Estelle is already starting to grow on me, I think when they release cute pictures of her and we see Victoria and Daniel lovingly with their daughter, I will be in love with her no matter what ;)

But what really bothers me is the combination of all four names. There's French, Latin, Polish/Swedish and English, they just don't go well together IMO. Also the rhythm is very strange to my ears, a long first name and the others all with two syllables...

But oh well this was my last post about the names, the decision has been made by Victoria and Daniel and that's good :flowers:

principessa said:

It will be a national event like the danish christenings. It will likely take place in the royal palace church in about 2 or 3 months. It will be televised in the swedish television and there will guests from most of the european royal houses.
I'm already looking forward to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom