It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be 5 am EST? I thought Stockholm is only six hours ahead of NY. (Where I am.)
Sorry sorry my bad I did the math wrong. I swear I need more sleep my mind is slipping lately.:bang: Yes your right 5am EST :flowers: I'll go change that right now.

I'm so happy for them, and wish them all the happiness in the world. Looking forward to finding out the names.

Thanks, Ghost Night.:flowers: Guess my computer is the first thing I'll be looking at for the names tomorrow morning instead of my cup of coffee!

At lunchtime I saw on CNN about the birth. Best of wishes to the royal couple. Have they named the baby? I didn't see anything but haven't really read the news lately.

Thanks, Ghost Night.:flowers: Guess my computer is the first thing I'll be looking at for the names tomorrow morning instead of my cup of coffee!
No prob! Sorry about the time confusion my brain's been completely fried the last week or so(due to school, work and normal everyday stress), so you'll have to excuse me. :lol:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Victoria & Daniel as well as Sweden!!!

I'm so happy for Victoria and Daniel. Congratulations to them!!!
And a little girl, how exciting!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/Kungahuset

pic of the new parents leaving hospital!

432179_315330971859155_133515803374007_965110_1950948624_n.jpg
This is a sweet picture of the proud new parents, but what really impresses me is that the new Princess is tucked up safe and sound for her first car ride, in a backward facing baby safety capsule.

What a terrific message that sends to all parents.

I am so shocked that she already left the hospital. Of course, women have given birth at home for centuries so there's no need to actually BE in a hospital at all for most births but still....I would think that being such a precious delivery doctors might want to be 300% sure that she is perfectly well before releasing her. Mom and baby will, of course, be very well looked after at home I am sure!!

This is a sweet picture of the proud new parents, but what really impresses me is that the new Princess is tucked up safe and sound for her first car ride, in a backward facing baby safety capsule.

What a terrific message that sends to all parents.
They may not let you leave the hospital without the proper carseat for the baby. That was the case already almost 30 years ago in US.

First of all, congratulations to Victoria & Daniel! How exciting. :) I'm quite surprised they went home so quickly, but I'm sure they had everything mapped out for some time.

I am so shocked that she already left the hospital. Of course, women have given birth at home for centuries so there's no need to actually BE in a hospital at all for most births but still....I would think that being such a precious delivery doctors might want to be 300% sure that she is perfectly well before releasing her. Mom and baby will, of course, be very well looked after at home I am sure!!
I'm not. If the mother and child are healthy, then hospitals tend to release them no earlier than 6 hours. Doctors believe that mothers will recover better at home.

crm2317 said:
I love the sense of tradition surrounding the royal birth in Sweden. The child being presented to officials before a cabinet name where names and titles are bestowed and a special service of thanksgiving.

I totally agree with you! Congrats to the new parents!

I'm not. If the mother and child are healthy, then hospitals tend to release them no earlier than 6 hours. Doctors believe that mothers will recover better at home.

No earlier than 6 hours? No wonder...:flowers: Why not deliver directly at home then? I'm not being sarcastic, I mean it. There's actually quite a trend here in the U.S. advocating for home deliveries. About recovering better at home that's debatable, I think. It depends on each mother's situation (presence of other children, help, etc.). I couldn't have done it honestly. But it's true that more often than not the nurses reallly bothered me in the hospital with their annoying "vital signs" visits every so hours for the baby and I, and all kinds of other stuff. etc.

We too have had such laws for ages. However, that does not prevent normally sensible parents from making "short trips" with a baby in their arms. They seem to believe that should the worse happen they will be able to hold the baby safe and sound. The laws of physics are a mystery to them.

No earlier than 6 hours? No wonder...:flowers: Why not deliver directly at home then? I'm not being sarcastic, I mean it. There's actually quite a trend here in the U.S. advocating for home deliveries. About recovering better at home that's debatable, I think. It depends on each mother's situation (presence of other children, help, etc.). I couldn't have done it honestly. But it's true that more often than not the nurses reallly bothered me in the hospital with their annoying "vital signs" visits every so hours for the baby and I, and all kinds of other stuff. etc.

It seems, that Queen Silvia delivered Carl-Philipp and Madeleine at home.
If you see at Victoria, how "easy" it seemed to have gone (I only mean fast and uncomplicated, as it seems), she could have given birth at home as well. But you never know beforehand. And guess what MAY have happened in case of complications.... first birth and heir to the throne, so I think, then they made a good choice being on the safe side and going to hospital.
BYe Bine

Does anyone know when the name will be announced? I heard around 7 or 8am Swedish time?

Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel, and the entire Swedish Royal Family!!!!!!!!!

I really like how careful and correct Daniel is with his public image ever since he became the husband of the Crown Princess -seems he had packed a formal suit for the press conference and changed back in more comfortable and casual clothes for the ride home. Very stylish and correct.

In many countries it is a must for the baby to leave in a carseat. In my country, if you don't have a carseat the hospital gives you one for free. I know in the UK you won't be allowed to take the child home without one.

I really can't wait for the name of the little princess. It's great seeing the family visiting the little one at the palace. I read somewhere that Madeleine is on her way.
Hope we get a picture soon of the new one but I would prefer to see one a few days old.

:previous:
That rule doesn't apply in Denmark at least. For the simple reason that not everyone have a car.
They will have to go home in the car of friends or relatives, who would be somewhat reluctant in investing in a seat/straps for one ride. - Or a taxi, which don't come with special seats either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom