It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IsobelMacGregor said:
Will His Majesty's cabinet meeting be televised? I'm so anxious to hear what the princess's names are!! Congrats to Victoria and Daniel! <3 :)

I don't think so but there will be a press conference immediatly after the cabinet meeting where the Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist will read the names, titles and the dukedom.

WHY??????? does Aftonbladet not allow their website to be translated?

YAY!!!!!!!! I had posted that I thought it would be a girl, hoped it would be a girl, and now I know it IS a girl! So congrats to all those in the Swedish Royal Family, but especially Victoria and Daniel, the proud new parents!

Wonderful news, congratulations to the happy parents! :flowers: Can't wait to hear the name!

So basically no 48 hours before the birth she attended the lunch for the Finnish president? Impressice :ohmy:

Yay! A little baby girl for Victoria and Daniel! Congratulations to the swedish royal family and especially to crown princess Victoria
:: Swedish flags:: :: pink balloons with "it's a girl:: :: huge Teddy bear ::

And I guessed correctly again and I had posted it a couple of days ago ! Belly shape does matter to me, that's now my mom is able to tell the sex of a baby when mom is pregnant

Wonderful news, congratulations to the happy parents! :flowers: Can't wait to hear the name!

So basically no 48 hours before the birth she attended the lunch for the Finnish president? Impressice :ohmy:

The lunch ended about 38 hours before she gave birth.

Welcome to your world Your Royal Highness. I began following your parents since they became engaged. You are the future Queen of Sweden and yet you gained the worlds heart. May God bless you.

Last edited:
Can't wait to learn the baby's name. On another note, I must say I was struck by the vehicles the SWF are driving, ie, not Swedish??

I meant "impressive" of course :whistling:

Daniel was so moved when he announced the birth.

Well done, Victoria! And congratulations to the entire family! It DOES feel like we're welcoming a member of our own family, too. I am very impressed with her ability to go home so soon after the birth and it's a very happy thought for them to be cozy at Haga in the new nursery with their family around them.

Copy the text and place it to Google translator.

That's what I've been doing - it's a pain but at least I can then read it. It's so much easier on the other sites. Svenskdam even has a place on their page for an English translation. C'est la vie!

Great news!!! Congrats to CP. Victoria & PD :)

This is wonderful news! Congratulations to the whole family and of course the Swedish people on the arrival!

Congratulations to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel!

Congratulations to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel!

And, Prince Daniel just does things well. He gave the best Groom's speech we've ever heard and now he looks like the happiest and nicest new father!

God bless them all.

I have to think that during this entire pregnancy and delivery that Daniel has played a major part in all of it. Victoria had her own personal trainer as her labor coach and for emotional support. It was totally a team effort. They both look so radiant leaving the hospital! This is sure going to be on very well loved little princess.

What wonderful news to wake up to. I wish them all the best and many congratulations:fireworks::heart::heart::heart::swedenflag2::swedenflag::champagne:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the parents! But why no photos of the little princess? Why so fast? It's a little bit strange!

Daniel was so proud, touched and nervous at the same time when he announced that they'd got a little princess. The announcement is so adorable. I don't know about you guys, but I can't help loving the man. Such a great guy, I'm sure he's a big support for Victoria.

Congratulations to the parents! But why no photos of the little princess? Why so fast? It's a little bit strange!

According to Victoria´s doctor, the hospital has a policy that a mother must stay at least 6 hours at the hospital after the birth. After that she and the baby can leave home, if both are doing fine.
It´s easy to understand that Victoria will get her strength back in peace in her lovely home and not in the hospital. I think that the photo of the baby will be released tomorrow.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple,their families and to the Swedish people

According to Victoria´s doctor, the hospital has a policy that a mother must stay at least 6 hours at the hospital after the birth. After that she and the baby can leave home, if both are doing fine.
It´s easy to understand that Victoria will get her strength back in peace in her lovely home and not in the hospital. I think that the photo of the baby will be released tomorrow.

Its my understanding from what I've read here that the very first photo of the little princess is to be taken by her grandfather. Perhaps he's doing an entire photo shoot right now. I doubt he'll need any flashbulbs... the proud beams of the family will be enough to light the room. :flowers:

empress sissi said:

There is no tradition in Sweden to show the baby to the press at the hospital. Victoria wanted to follow their family tradition to release photos of the little Princess later. Well, Victoria and the baby was fine and everything Else was fine so i guess that Victoria wanted to go home as fast as possible. The Queen left the hospital only 4 hours after the birth of Victoria in 1977.

Last edited:
The Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten explains what actually happens at a royal birth in Sweden: Det sker ved en kongelig svensk fødsel

The Court issue a message informing the government about the birth. - Then announcements are made on the SRF webpage and its Facebook profile.

Tomorrow Friday, the child will be presented for official wittnesses. They are: The chairman of the Parliament, the Prime Minister and the Chief of Court.
they document the whole thing in an official documents complete with seals.

The King call a State Council. The PM will chair that meeting.

Saluting. The official salute takes place outside the royal palace in Stockholm (but also elsewhere as we have seen). 2 X 21 shots will be fired. The salutes are fired with an interval of one minutes. Only a future heir will honored with 42 shots in total. (*)
The salutes takes place on the first weekday. (That was today. Had Victoria given birth Saturday, the salute must have taken place Monday noon).

A service giving thanks is held the next day, execpt if she had given birth on a Saturday, then the service would have taken place Monday.
Those invited for the service are: Relatives, representatives from the Parliament, the government, representatives from the official Sweden and staff from the court.

(*) Victoria herself only got 21 shots, as she was a girl and at that time boys took presedence).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom