The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kronprinsesse victoria - - Det er fantastisk. En herlig følelse. - Seoghør.no Kongelige

Expressen contacted Elisabeth Zimmermann and congratulated her on the honor of becoming Estelles nanny. She thanked and said that she is very happy.
When do you start?
- You should talk to Bertil Ternert on the court about that.
When they were thinking about Estelle´s nanny, Victoria thought immediately of Elizabeth Zimmermann, who gave her such loving care. A few days after birth Elisabeth was contacted - and with a period of thinking, she replied yes because she is retired and thinks she has time to take care of Estelle when Victoria and Daniel have to be away from home.
How does it feel to have got the job?
- I am very pleased.
Have you seen the little one?
- Yes, I have.
Elisabeth, 65 - Estelles barnsköterska | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Aftonbladet has put the story of Victoria and Estelle walking at the Haga Park to it´s website. Almost everything has been told in previous posts. According to the article the court has no exact plans about when they will publish a photo of the new family.
’Det är en stor omställning’ | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thank you for the article, LadyFinn.
Elisabeth Zimmermann certainly sounds like a very dedicated lady. Then again, she was effectively a second mother figure for Victoria, Carl-Philip and Madeleine, and was a natural choice; I'm sure the crown princely couple will resume their engagements more easily knowing their little one is in such expert hands.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Serene Highness

Victoria was looked after by a lady who was nanny to the King and the Haga Princesses. It's nice to know that the Swedish Royal Family develops such a close relationship with their staff.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel with Estelle were seen walking at Haga Park with Daniel´s parents on Friday 2nd March.
En kunglig promenad « Korvasbloggen
Google translation

And another person saw Victoria, Daniel and Estelle walking at Haga Park on Saturday 3rd March.
Löpträning i Hagaparken | Sportguiden
Old 03-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

About the christening of Estelle, will Victoria and Daniel follow the traditions?
Nytänkande och tradition vid prinsessdopet - DN.SE
Google translation
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Aw cute I like hearing that they go for almost daily walks. I'm excited for the announcement of the christening date and I'm also excited for the first proper family photo.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

It says the chistening date is May 16th!!

http://svenskdam.se/2012/03/svensk-d...ps-den-16-maj/
Google Translation
Old 03-16-2012, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

To believe or not?
Wouldn't it be released by the court first?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:31 AM
Serene Highness

Hmm. I can't find anything on the Royal Court's website.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Royal Highness

i hope it ends up true, i cant wait for the christening (must be a glamourous celebration, if it is like Vic, CP and Madeleine's christenings) and for the official family portrait.

i know Princess Estelle was just born 1 month ago, but i see Victoria doing the same as the other princesses, having the second child when the first child is almost 2 years old^^ next year we'll propably hear more joyfull announcements!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Until the court announces the christening date, everything else is a rumour.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Victoria says 'motherhood is wonderful but Estelle only sleeps and eats'
Princess Victoria baby: Swedish royal opens up about motherhood - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

That is really kind of cute. Victoria thinks the baby should be doing things other than eating and sleeping. I thought that was cute. I say enjoy it now because once she hits the terrible twos, look out!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
That is really kind of cute. Victoria thinks the baby should be doing things other than eating and sleeping. I thought that was cute. I say enjoy it now because once she hits the terrible twos, look out!
I wonder how you child proof a palace? Do they even make gates wide enough to block off a grand staircase?
Old 03-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Actually what she said was ...all she does is eat and sleep... By putting "But" in the sentence it changes the meaning. Careless editing.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Estelle gets a rose named after her to Söderköping´s own Haga Park. Söderköping´s Municipality has invited Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and their little princess Estelle to come to Söderköping Saturday 9 June, to attend the inauguration of the rose of the duchess.
Estelle får en ros av Söderköping - Norrköping Lokala nyheter - Norrköpings Tidningar
Google translation
Old 03-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

i hope that they can accept the invitation, it was such a nice gesture to name a rose after the little princess.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:12 AM
Serene Highness

Ah that is really sweet. What a nice gesture. If only that little girl knew what she was born into. The life of a princess. Oh my. :)
Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I wonder how you child proof a palace? Do they even make gates wide enough to block off a grand staircase?
I remember Prince Edward in a documentary talking about an absolutely fabulous hallway, so big you could entertain in it, and so long you could play cricket. He related how he and his brothers used to drive their pedal cars along it and bump into the furniture! I guess that's how antique furniture gets that worn effect! Kids are a part of palace life.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Iltasanomat quotes Expressen:
Queen Silvia said in Germany that it is wonderful and fantastic to be a grandmother. She was asked what the little princess looks like. Should I tell, wondered Silvia and said: She is really like a little porcelain doll, very cute. She also said that Estelle reminds Victoria more than Daniel. She was also asked if the little princess has inherited characters from her. Silvia laughed and said that she hopes so.