The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Not really too soon, Victoria was born 14 July, christened 29 September that's 2 and half months old. Madeleine was also two and half months old when she was christened, only with Carl Philip it took longer 3 and half months, but AFAIK he was born early so that may be the reason why. If they follow the patern Estelle may be very well christened in the first half of May.
What I meant was that having a christening in Sweden on May 19 and a christening in Denmark on May 20 is too soon after each other.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
What I meant was that having a christening in Sweden on May 19 and a christening in Denmark on May 20 is too soon after each other.
All clear now. We'll have to wait and see what date in May they choose, if Roger Lundgren got right info.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
Royal expert Roger Lundgren has posted in this message board that Bertil Ternert told him that the christening will take place in May.
The Scandinavian Royals Message Board: Re: Christening at Mgeltnder church 20 May 2012
If that's true, I think the Christening will be at the beginning of May to avoid 'upstaging' the Danish Princess. Or it might be wishful thinking on my part- I don't want to wait too long!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
If that's true, I think the Christening will be at the beginning of May to avoid 'upstaging' the Danish Princess. Or it might be wishful thinking on my part- I don't want to wait too long!
But it could as well be on 26th or 27th May...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
But it could as well be on 26th or 27th May...
Mors Dag (Mother's Day) is the 27th,, probably not the day they choose.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine were all christened on working days, maybe they will follow the tradition with Estelle also?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 AM
Courtier

It's possible, but hopefully they'll go with Saturday or Sunday.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva
It's possible, but hopefully they'll go with Saturday or Sunday.
Nearly all christenings in the church of Sweden is on a saturday or sunday nowdays so i think that's most likely. And sunday would be the best day if they want as many people as possible to be able to watch it on the television.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda

It won't collide with the danish christening. I'm sure they want Frederik and Mary and maybe also Margrethe as guests.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

From magazine "S"
De syns på Haga som en helt vanlig familj - Tidningen S
Google translation

Now it is ready - the people's gift to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. During the fall, all parents with children up to 2 years had the opportunity to participate in the largest photo book with baby photos. Photobook will in days to be submitted as a gift to Victoria and Daniel.
Önskefoto - Svenska folket har tillsammans med Önskefoto gjort Sveriges största... - Mynewsdesk
Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard

It won't collide with the danish christening. I'm sure they want Frederik and Mary and maybe also Margrethe as guests.
Margrethe? Did King Carl Gustaf go to Christian's christening?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Courtier

No, Victoria was the only one there from Sweden. Actually no senior royals except the immediate family, the same for Ingrid Alexandra, so I don't expect many senior royals at Estelle's christening either.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva
No, Victoria was the only one there from Sweden. Actually no senior royals except the immediate family, the same for Ingrid Alexandra, so I don't expect many senior royals at Estelle's christening either.
You are right. It won't be many senior royals there outside the immediate family. I did not say that i expect Margrethe to attend. It will most likely be Frederik and Mary from Denmark.

But I won't be surprised if she will join F and M to the christening as Victoria is way more close to Margrethe than Frederik is to Carl Gustaf.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria was talking with a reporter from Aftonbladet about the life with Estelle. She was walking at the Haga Park with Estelle.
Starlounge quotes the interview:
Victoria said that it is a great feeling to have an own child. Things are going well, but they're not completely in sync, Estelle and she, yet. But she eats and sleeps, says Victoria and continues: I would like to get this time to myself, along with Estelle. It's important to take advantage of it and the chance to be home now when I can.
Kronprinsessan om livet med Estelle - Victorias mammalycka: "En härlig tid" - MSN Starlounge
Google translation

Finnish MTV quotes also Aftonbladet. Victoria was wearing a cap and a dark coat. She talked politely with Aftonbladet´s reporter, but she didn´t want to be photographed. Victoria seemed to feel very well, she looked well rested. She revealed that she is very glad that Estelle is a child of spring.
Prinsessa Victoria vauvaonnestaan: Ihana tunne - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Victoria and Daniel have hired a nanny to Estelle. She is Elisabeth Zimmermann, 65 years, who was also Victoria´s, Carl Philip´s and Madeleine´s nanny, she worked for the court between 1979 and 1991.
Victoria i Aftonbladet - första intervjun sedan födseln « Hovbloggen

Victoria von Schweden: Erstmals spricht sie über ihre Mutterrolle - BUNTE
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the new information about Victoria and her daughter Estelle.
But it is pity that the crown princess given no okay to publish a pic - yesterday was a good day, her nameday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria was talking with a reporter from Aftonbladet about the life with Estelle. She was walking at the Haga Park with Estelle.
Starlounge quotes the interview:
Victoria said that it is a great feeling to have an own child. Things are going well, but they're not completely in sync, Estelle and she, yet. But she eats and sleeps, says Victoria and continues: I would like to get this time to myself, along with Estelle. It's important to take advantage of it and the chance to be home now when I can.
Kronprinsessan om livet med Estelle - Victorias mammalycka: "En härlig tid" - MSN Starlounge
Google translation

Finnish MTV quotes also Aftonbladet. Victoria was wearing a cap and a dark coat. She talked politely with Aftonbladet´s reporter, but she didn´t want to be photographed. Victoria seemed to feel very well, she looked well rested. She revealed that she is very glad that Estelle is a child of spring.
Prinsessa Victoria vauvaonnestaan: Ihana tunne - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Victoria and Daniel have hired a nanny to Estelle. She is Elisabeth Zimmermann, 65 years, who was also Victoria´s, Carl Philip´s and Madeleine´s nanny, she worked for the court between 1979 and 1991.
Victoria i Aftonbladet - första intervjun sedan födseln « Hovbloggen

Victoria von Schweden: Erstmals spricht sie über ihre Mutterrolle - BUNTE
Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

A photo of the nanny Elisabeth Zimmermann in this article
Prinzessin Victoria: Eine Prinzessin im Mutterglück - News auf Gala.de
Old 03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, the nanny must be committed. Going back to work at age 65.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

Gun salute on 23 February with a clear view of the shots as well as an interview with a major of the Victoria Battalion.
http://tv4play-production.heroku.com...ideoid=2162059
Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if Sofia and Chris will be invited to the christening of little Estelle?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I wonder if Sofia and Chris will be invited to the christening of little Estelle?
I don't think so, unless they get engaged before the christening.