The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Nobility

About the time of the announcement: I woke up 05.50 that day and as i usually do i checked SVT text to see if anything worth noticing had happened the day(like Hamasiege lifted or that the bombardment still continued or the results for NHL) and saw the following headling "Crown princess Victoria at Karolinska to give birth". I phone my parents to have them turn on the TV. Then i ate breakfast and almost panicked when SVT had no sound when Tenert spoke and switched to TV4. After hearing that Daniel would tell something at 07 i started getting ready for work.

When Daniel came out i was standing fully clothed and waited for him to speak to go to work. After his announcement i wrote a bit here and then run to work and got there with a few minutes to spare.

What we talked about on the break? Take a guess

On the lunchbreak i sat in front of the TV watching the gunsalute.

When i finished on that day i bought the extra edition of Aftonbladet with Daniels pressconfrences.

The day after was just a long wait for the name. We were 10-15 people in front of the TV that said "WHAT?" when Estelle was pronounced the given name and then we went "Hmm, that might work, sounds good"

Old 02-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
And the name of the daughter of Victoria of Sweden and Daniel ... Princess Mary Estelle Silvia Ewa
La hija de Victoria y Daniel de Suecia se llama Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary

Google Google Translate

Quote:
Victoria of Sweden acknowledges the congratulations on the birth of his daughter: "It's overwhelming the amount of messages we have received '
http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actu...4/casasreales/

http://translate.google.com.tr/trans...les%2F&act=url

Old 02-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Ockelbo has sent a gift to the little Princess. It's a book full of pictures of her father's hometown.
Google Translate
Old 02-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Courtier

I am sure the name Estelle will grow on us in a positive way after a time. Did the couple give the media a chat while leaving the hospital, in the way Fred and Mary do?
Old 02-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I am sure the name Estelle will grow on us in a positive way after a time. Did the couple give the media a chat while leaving the hospital, in the way Fred and Mary do?
No, but Victoria left the hospital about 8 hours after she gave birth, so probably she just wanted to go home.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Roger Lundgren believes that the baptism will be held between 6 June and Midsummer.
Google Translate
Old 02-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

I'm confused now - is she Estelle or is she Mary? The article has her as Princess Mary.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I'm confused now - is she Estelle or is she Mary? The article has her as Princess Mary.
It's wrong. Her first name is Estelle and her last middle name is Mary.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Estelle. The King announced that's the name she will be known by. It's just the effect of Google Translate. Run your mouse over it and the original Spanish text says 'princesa Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary'.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
How do you know she is much closer to MM?
I am not the poster but Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have been see "hanging out" with Prince Haakon and his Wife, outside royal duties, more often so i would have assumed as well!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

congratulations for the parents and the whole family.I like the name "Estelle" and its meaning is very nice.Queen Estelle is perfect but Princess Estelle is somewhat difficult in pronunciation as many sss is repeated.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video of Daniel at the press conference on Thursday morning

The Marshall of the Realm telling the name
Old 02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda
Roger Lundgren believes that the baptism will be held between 6 June and Midsummer.
Google Translate
I heard that too. Then Estelle will be nearly 4 months. I hope it will be earlier. Victoria and Madeleine were both christened when they were just over 2 months old.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I heard that too. Then Estelle will be nearly 4 months. I hope it will be earlier. Victoria and Madeleine were both christened when they were just over 2 months old.
Yesterday at TV4 some experts thought the baptism will be in the end of April or in May. Midsummer, Estelle would be 4 months old. I would be very surprised if it would take so long.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel!!! I like the name, Estelle. But I don't like the sound of "Queen Estelle" when she become Queen in the future.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn

Yesterday at TV4 some experts thought the baptism will be in the end of April or in May. Midsummer, Estelle would be 4 months old. I would be very surprised if it would take so long.
Me too. Victoria and Madeleine were both christened just over 2 months, Carl Philip just over 3 months old and the king were just over 1 month old so i would be surprised if they waited 4 months. They don't need "summer weather" for the christening as no special events will take place outside church.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I'm curious about how he's able to make such a confident prediction.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

I agree that the name clashes with "Princess". I thought the same with Princess Isabella ie the "s's" run into one another. The name itself IMO is alright but I think the parents should think about how these names will fit with the titles.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I agree that the name clashes with "Princess". I thought the same with Princess Isabella ie the "s's" run into one another. The name itself IMO is alright but I think the parents should think about how these names will fit with the titles.
Well, in Swedish, there's an extra syllable in Princess (prinsessan), which might make it easier to say.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
But in Sweden in swedish, she is "prinsessan Estelle", it is not so difficult to pronounce.