It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She certainly looks like a baby, to me all babies look more or less the same. I prefer children at the 12-18 month stage when they're just becoming less like babies and more little people. They'e exhausting, but much more fun.

I just love that photograph of Victoria and Daniel walking little Estelle in Haga Park!

She certainly looks like a baby, to me all babies look more or less the same.
I agree with you in this question, EIIR.
I prefer children at the 12-18 month stage when they're just becoming less like babies and more little people. They're exhausting, but much more fun.
I prefer even more children in the "kindergarten age" (3-6 yrs old) because then you can normally talk with them, they do not nappies anymore, they can already play with other children and their particular abilities start to reveal, so can esteem which of them they have inherited from a mother and which from a father; the same is with their character.

Last edited:
In the interests of PR I wouldn't be surprised if a picture of Madeleine meeting her niece is released

Normally I would agree with those of you who said that Estelle just looks like a baby - because I also think that newborns just look like babies - but in this case I really see a strong similarity between Estelle and Victoria, at least what they looked like just a few days old. Of course that doesn't necessarily tell us what little Estelle will look like when she grows up.

Esmeralda. I dont think youtube has the right to show the pictures. After all, Wikipedia dont dare to publish the pictures since they are not "free" pictures

I agree with you in this question, EIIR.

I prefer even more children in the "kindergarten age" (3-6 yrs old) because then you can normally talk with them, they do not nappies anymore, they can alreadyplay with other children and their particular abilities start to reveal, so can esteem which of them they have inherited from a mother and which from a father; the same is with their character.

I agree, that is a great age too. I have a nephew who's just turned 4 and we can have some great conversations with him. It also helps that when they've got something wrong they can tell you what it is ;).

Esmeralda. I dont think youtube has the right to show the pictures. After all, Wikipedia dont dare to publish the pictures since they are not "free" pictures

I checked the official website and it says the pictures can be freely published for editorial but not commercial use. The YouTube video isn't promoting anything, so it should be fine. Mind you, I'm definitely not an expert on copyrights so I may be wrong. :)

I was a little surprised by the name. But when I read that it was a family name and a longtime favourite of Victoria I imagined a teenage Victoria browsing the family tree for a beautiful name. And now I like it. And what an elegant lady she was named after: Google Vertaling

Brio (brand of Estelle's pram) congatulate Victoria and Daniel on their site:
BRIO.NET - BRIO

:previous:

That's really cute. I have never thought about Ikea doing something when the baby was born. And I was just thinking: Did they do something similar when Victoria and Daniel got married? Something like a mini wedding cake maybe? I also can't remember that. :ermm:

The wedding also inspired Ikea:
http://nordicdesign.ca/blog/2010/04/ikea-inspired-by-royal-wedding/
and I also remember they sold a royal version this shopping bag in blue with yellow crowns on it: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50212684/

Last edited:
Victoria seems to be doing so well physically after the birth of their lovely princess. Our doctor advised not going out in the winter for a month and a half! Great picture, thanks for posting.

We were encouraged to get fresh air everyday, especially in the winter! (not extreme weather).
When I see the two of them with eyes glued to Estelle in the carriage, it reminded me of our first, and how we almost felt we needed to always watch to make sure he was always breathing:)

Last edited:
mattep74 said:

It's a clip from Euronews' official YouTube channel. I assume television stations have shown the pictures during their broadcasts? I've seen them on BBC.

The wedding also inspired Ikea:
Ikea inspired by royal wedding | NordicDesign
and I also remember they sold a royal version this shopping bag in blue with yellow crowns on it: UPPTÄCKA Shopping bag on wheels - IKEA

Thanks! I really don't remember it which really bugs me.
banghead6mx.gif
We have an IKEA just around the corner and I'm often over there to just look at new things and a coffee and cake in the restaurant. Maybe it was just IKEA in Sweden who was in wedding mood back then? But that doesn't make really sense either. :ermm:

Nice! But perhaps it is a birth present for Princess Estelle's mother. Now wouldn't that be a treat, a second tiara for Victoria and one that has family history and that no one else in the family has worn.

Hmm, I will live in hope. :flowers:

Thanks! I really don't remember it which really bugs me.
banghead6mx.gif
We have an IKEA just around the corner and I'm often over there to just look at new things and a coffee and cake in the restaurant. Maybe it was just IKEA in Sweden who was in wedding mood back then? But that doesn't make really sense either. :ermm:

It obviously was an IKEA Family Product - do you look round this shop as well? For I don't, normally. But then I'm only into IKEA for a Hot Dog, a bit of icecream and to buy crabs and Scandinavian sill.. The crab especially while they don't have much crabmeat in them, make for a wonderful base for sauces and soups... And IKEA is the only store where I can get these deep-frozen crabs regularily. My family just adores the "IKEA-soup" as they call it...

Estelle should be given the amethyst tiara it's our (er, I mean her) birth stone :)

I just read (and I apologize if this is repeated information) that Estelle will be called Stella by her close family. Does anyone know if this is true?

I am not one of the one's who dislikes the name Estelle, but if she is called Stella I would love that; Stella is such a beautiful name but I don't think it is one that any royal families are partial to. Using it as a nickname would be great.

I am not one of the one's who dislikes the name Estelle, but if she is called Stella I would love that; Stella is such a beautiful name but I don't think it is one that any royal families are partial to. Using it as a nickname would be great.

I am partial to the name Stella - it was my mother's name and is my middle name. And who can forget Marlon Brando's anguished screaming of it in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'? ;) It winds up becoming the diminutive 'Stel' - which has a vague aspiration when spoken so ironically sounds like E-Stel.

Last edited:
I hope that she will be called Estelle the whole her life, it is such a beautiful name, and I find nicknames unnecessary. I personally don´t like to use nicknames of people I know. I like the connection with a former family member with Estelle, and I hope that they don´t start to call the little one Stella. And if it is true that Victoria has from her childhood thought that Estelle is such a beautiful name, I doubt that they call her with another name.

Many trademark applications relating to the name Estelle have been sent to the Patent and Registration Office (PRV) since the princess was born.
Många företag söker skydd för Estelle | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

The court has put princess Estelle to it´s website
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/royalfamily/hrhprincessestelle.4.70e7de59130bc8da54e800021541.html
She is also mentioned at the front site of the royal family in the swedish version
http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamiljen.4.1c3432a100d8991c5b80002606.html

Last edited:
I have absolutely no problem with the Princess being called Stella after all it's my name and my second name is Marie so it fits in with Estelle and Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom