The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Congrats to Prince Daniel and Princess Victoria on their new arrival. I bet she's beautiful.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well for those who so dislike the name you have got decades to get used to it before Queen Estelle of Sweden succeeds to the throne. Maybe by then you will have recovered from the shock. In the mean time smelling salts may help keep you from fainting away.
Awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda
I agree. I had hoped for a more traditional name too but his reaction was just out of proportion. After all, they didn't name the baby Spiderpig.
Double awesomeness.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Majesty

"Queen Estelle" does not sound good to some but,maybe she will take a regnal name.Like Margaret II,Christina II,Ulrika II or Victoria II.I like Victoria II!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Courtier

I would change it by deed poll --- horrible name? Yes it's their choice. But horrible all the same!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
I agree. I had hoped for a more traditional name too but his reaction was just out of proportion. After all, they didn't name the baby Spiderpig.
Yes, you are right!
Now I come to think of it, we should definitely remember to say a prayer of thanks that they did not name her Spiderpig!

You´ve definitely made my day, Esmerelda!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
On German TV they just said that the name sounds like one of the nightclub acquaintances of Carl Gustaf
Now that's hitting below the belt......
Old 02-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Expressen's readers seem to like the name.
Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje
Old 02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

I must be the only one here who actually likes the name Estelle!

Congratulations to the new parents, aunts and uncles, and new grandparents! I bet the King and Queen are very excited.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I really like how careful and correct Daniel is with his public image ever since he became the husband of the Crown Princess -seems he had packed a formal suit for the press conference and changed back in more comfortable and casual clothes for the ride home. Very stylish and correct.
I agree! I just wished he combed his hair less!! Sometimes they are really too sleek and appear completely slathered in hair gel
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Aftonbladet and Expressen, the swedish "normal" people like the name very much.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article14427585.ab
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/folket-hyllar-namnet---det-passar-perfekt/
Google translation
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Majesty

I think Victoria and Daniel chose a lovely name for their daughter. 'Estelle' rings of the 1920s/30s, and sounds very elegant. The other names pay tribute to the the little one's grandmothers, which is such a lovely touch.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Nobility

I don't dislike the name Estelle but I don't like it for a Queen.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

The Royal Court's reaction to Herman Lindqvist's comments:
It is his opinion, he has his taste, I can have an opinion about Herman, but I have not, says the court information officer Bertil Ternert to Expressen.se.
Google Translate
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Courtier

I've noticed in other articles besides the Expressen one - Estelle Silvia Dr Mary??? What's with the "Dr". It's Ewa.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I don't dislike the name Estelle but I don't like it for a Queen.
Can she choose to be styled differently when she inherits the throne, and be known as let's say 'Queen Silvia'?

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from Te Deum
IBL Bildbyrå gallery
Old 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Can she choose to be styled differently when she inherits the throne, and be known as let's say 'Queen Silvia'?
Why would she do that? No one of us knows in what kind of a world people are living about 2060 when Estelle becomes a queen? Estelle can be a very beautiful and dignified name then.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
In Sweden about 75% of all new mothers leave the hospital within 6-48 hours after a normal delivery. The parents have the telephone number to the maternity ward and can call or come in if they have any questions or are worried, and the new parents usually get a visit at home by a nurse from the Child Care Central (BVC) during the first week or so.
Interesting. But there's a big difference between 6 and 48 hours...
Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos from Te Deum
IBL Bildbyrå gallery
Anyone know where Princess Christina was today? Is she alright?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Courtier

In the end, does it really matter whether the name is fit for a queen or not? If there's a problem with it or turns out she dislikes it herself when she becomes of age, she can always change it. Also, it might be around 50 years before this princess might become a queen. Who knows if monarchy even exists in Sweden then? It is a long time and I wouldn't be surprised if she never became a queen. Of course I wish she did but how am I to know.

I love the meaning of the name. I'm more used to the latin form of it since that can be found in my family. In a way I do think there should be more unique names used but I've sort of been old-fashioned in these things. And I was hoping there would've been a little Astrid, Katarina Lovisa or Ingeborg/Ingegerd...

Closed Thread