It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
congratulations for the parents and the whole family.I like the name "Estelle" and its meaning is very nice.Queen Estelle is perfect but Princess Estelle is somewhat difficult in pronunciation as many sss is repeated.

Esmerelda said:
Roger Lundgren believes that the baptism will be held between 6 June and Midsummer.
Google Translate

I heard that too. Then Estelle will be nearly 4 months. I hope it will be earlier. Victoria and Madeleine were both christened when they were just over 2 months old.

I heard that too. Then Estelle will be nearly 4 months. I hope it will be earlier. Victoria and Madeleine were both christened when they were just over 2 months old.

Yesterday at TV4 some experts thought the baptism will be in the end of April or in May. Midsummer, Estelle would be 4 months old. I would be very surprised if it would take so long.

Congratulations to Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel!!!:swedenflag2::flowers: I like the name, Estelle. But I don't like the sound of "Queen Estelle" when she become Queen in the future.

LadyFinn said:
Yesterday at TV4 some experts thought the baptism will be in the end of April or in May. Midsummer, Estelle would be 4 months old. I would be very surprised if it would take so long.

Me too. Victoria and Madeleine were both christened just over 2 months, Carl Philip just over 3 months old and the king were just over 1 month old so i would be surprised if they waited 4 months. They don't need "summer weather" for the christening as no special events will take place outside church.

I'm curious about how he's able to make such a confident prediction.

I agree that the name clashes with "Princess". I thought the same with Princess Isabella ie the "s's" run into one another. The name itself IMO is alright but I think the parents should think about how these names will fit with the titles.

I agree that the name clashes with "Princess". I thought the same with Princess Isabella ie the "s's" run into one another. The name itself IMO is alright but I think the parents should think about how these names will fit with the titles.

Well, in Swedish, there's an extra syllable in Princess (prinsessan), which might make it easier to say.

But in Sweden in swedish, she is "prinsessan Estelle", it is not so difficult to pronounce.

Congratulations to Victori and Daniel and the hole family as well as all the sewedish people for the new princess, what a marvellous news!
just i was expecting her to leave the hospital like the danish do, with the baby in her arms and all the rest of the press!

ruthieviews

During CP Victoria and Daniel Westling's long, long courtship, sniping and mean comments arrived almost daily to discount Daniel as an uneducated commoner not worthy of a royal princess. I responded that he was a loyal and steadfast suitor and a prince underneath. He stood by his princess through it all and has become an excellent prince and represents Sweden in the very best way.

Now we are hearing the same type of comments about the new baby's name. They researched the royal ancestors to find a name worthy of Sweden's next queen or king. I believe they selected Folke Bernadotte, Count of Wisborg, and his wife, Countess Estelle (Manville). He helped rescue 31,000 prisoneers from German Concentration Camps. As the UN Mediator in the Arab-Israeli conflict of 1947-48, he argued for Arab rights to return, angering Jewish Militants (Lehi) who assassinated him in 1948.

CP Victoria and Prince Daniel could not have selected more worthy ancestors to bless their new baby. A girl was born and was named for Countess Estelle of Wisborg, Folke Bernadotte's wife. This beautiful name will remind them of the courage and humanity of their ancestors. I hope Princess Estelle wears the name proudly and well.

The images of the family with the government types are lovely, Prince Daniel is so happy and chuffed. I also like the idea that he cut the umbilical cord, what an amazing thing to do. I am a midwife and always feel the men feel they haven't got a place in childbirth, so it is always lovely to offer that to them. Daniel looks over the moon. As Prince Edward said when his daughter was born, his life is now run by not one, but two women. Men must deep down secretly love having a daughter.

I cannot wait to see the little Princess. :)

According to Bertil Ternert they have already begun the planning for the christening of Princess Estelle. Can't ser why they would do that if they wait until june as Roger Lundgren predicted. He said to Expressen that Victoria and Madeleine speaks to each other daily and that Madeleine have seen a lot of private pictures of little Estelle and Madeleine will take part of the christening-planning when she is coming to Sweden to visit the "Haga family".
I just hope they release pictures of Estelle at their website and facebook-site in a few days.

Last edited:
I think the christening will take place on her parent's second wedding anniversary in June! :)

How do you know she is much closer to MM?
Cause I've seen many photos of both and they seems to be in really good relationship, not only during official functions but also more private ones (as well photos and videos of Vicky and NRF children or Daniel and NRF). I haven't seen such a closeness between Victoria and Mary although she and Frederik are very close.

Queen Elizabeth once referred to the Scandinavian and Continental monarchies as 'bicycle monarchies'. In the end, these monarchies have modernized more seamlessly it seems than the British one that is so tradition bound. They are more part of the real-world life. Princes marrying educated and career women are the norm. Princes - and Princesses - themselves, have significant jobs in the world - and as it turns out, are still able to show off with plenty of bling and majesty and pomp for the right occasions. They seem less prisoners of their royal roles. (I could be mistaken but when you hear about the whole Swedish family going food shopping together on Sunday afternoons - you know something is different).

Many pages back, some posters were commenting on what a 'common' name Estelle was and that the British monarchy would never stoop so low. Yet it might be a good thing for them to so do. ;) What better way to 'modernize' the monarchy than to have a future King Trevor James? :)

There's so much wrong here it's difficult to know where to begin.

So, because some of us don't like the princess's name, that's an excuse to attack the British monarchy for being 'tradition bound', not part of real life and 'prisoners of royal life'?

If the 'best' way for the British monarchy to modernise (which I personally don't believe they need to do) is to call our future king Trevor, then I truly hope the British monarchy stays 'tradition bound' and less a part of 'real world life' for as long as possible.

I hope they only have one or two nannies: not 6 like those morons Jay-Z and Beyonce. That's just splurging money because you can.

According to some, the name Estelle is present in the family history so its not like they pulled it out of the air. The British monarchy could use some lessons in doing research into the past and looking for new traditional names rather than going for the obvious Elizabeth, Anne, Edward etc. I will never understand why people who defend traditional names assume that criticizing such names automatically means we want strange names like Apple, Blu Ivy, and now Trevor.

Last edited:
Really happy for Victoria and Daniel. Estelle is a lovely name. Has a nice ring to it aswell, Queen Estelle, Crown Princess Estelle. Fantastic choice.

I hope they only have one or two nannies: not 6 like those morons Jay-Z and Beyonce. That's just splurging money because you can.

According to some, the name Estelle is present in the family history so its not like they pulled it out of the air. The British monarchy could use some lessons in doing research into the past and looking for new traditional names rather than going for the obvious Elizabeth, Anne, Edward etc. I will never understand why people who defend traditional names assume that criticizing such names automatically means we want strange names like Apple, Blu Ivy, and now Trevor.

I agree, I am sick of seeing Elizabeth shoved in all the British Royals. Princess Eugenie is the only one of the Queen's granddaughters to not have Elizabeth in their name. I have high hopes for William and Catherine that they'll bring back Charlotte and Alexander as Edward and Sophie, the most recent to have Royal children (aside from Peter Phillips) went with really boring and traditional names.

I like the sound of Estelle, it was really unexpected but if the name has a family history then I am glad they chose it and did not go with some more recent. Would have been nice to have a Princess Alice. Maybe the next one can be called Alice!

Someone a few posts earlier mentioned that Lady Helen Taylor (The Duke of Kent's daughter) has a daughter called Estelle - I think her name is Estella, which in a way is not as nice as Estelle. (To be fair, she was quite different in calling her sons Columbus and Cassius, but we also have a Xan in he British Royal Family so maybe we are "modernising"...)

So let me get this straight...

It's not so much that I wanted a 'traditional' name or an old fashioned name for Victoria's daughter. I just didn't think they'd use such a naff name for a future monarch.

... it appears that it is ok to insult The Swedish Royal Family, their Crown Princess and the people of Sweden because your not happy with the name but no one appears to be able to critisze the British Royal Family because they have more appropriate names???

If you look through history you will see new monarch names where added over time in The British Royal Family. They look traditional now but perhaps at the time they to where considered inappropriate or as you like to call it ... naff.

So let me get this straight...

... it appears that it is ok to insult The Swedish Royal Family, their Crown Princess and the people of Sweden because your not happy with the name but no one appears to be able to critisze the British Royal Family because they have more appropriate names???

If you look through history you will see new monarch names where added over time in The British Royal Family. They look traditional now but perhaps at the time they to where considered inappropriate or as you like to call it ... naff.

Yes, that is my opinion of the name, which I believe is part of the purpose of this thread. I did not, however, attack the Swedish royal family in ANY WAY whatsoever. Unlike some, I did not feel it necessary to defend the name by attacking other royal families for being so 'tradition bound' as to just not understand these other super modern, 'with it' families.

I also never said the British Royal Family's names are more appropriate. I stated that the chances of them choosing to name a future monarch Estelle are slim to none (thank goodness) but I made no judgement on the names they actually use.

I fail to see why I'm attacked when other posters stated that they hoped for the princess's sake she would be good looking to make up for having a name like Estelle?!

suztav said:
I think the christening will take place on her parent's second wedding anniversary in June! :)

But 19:th june is a tuesday. Saturday and Sunday are the usual days for christenings in the swedish luteran church. I would be surprised if the waited 4 months with the christening.

I had a neighbour called Stella once and Charles Dickens fans will recall Estella from Great Expectations. I've always liked the name - it's and old name yet quite modern for a royal name. So my hope for Alexandrine never happened, maybe for William and Catherine's daughter eh?!
I cannot wait to see Princess Estelle for the first time!!

I am all for everyone's opinion. I think other posters are trying to get across the point that although you and others feel like the name is inappropriate others do not.

Throught history royal families have added name with new lines and new monarchs. What appears traditonal today maybe perhaps wasn't in the past. So the name Estelle could very well in 200 years be considered a very regal, appropriate name for a Queen.

I am sure Crown Princess Victoria gave the name for her daughter and future queen serious thought.

I did not [...] attack the Swedish royal family in ANY WAY whatsoever. Unlike some, I did not feel it necessary to defend the name by attacking other royal families for being so 'tradition bound' as to just not understand these other super modern, 'with it' families.

[...]

I fail to see why I'm attacked when other posters stated that they hoped for the princess's sake she would be good looking to make up for having a name like Estelle?!

I did not 'attack' the British Royal Family. I am merely observing that being so tradition-bound makes prisoners of the people who have to live those lives - warps their choices. Its as much a slavery as any other overt kind. Its the one problem/concern I have concerning royalty. I am heartened that there are royals who have juggled the family business with a more modern approach - something I see the British Royals still struggling with.

I think you equate 'attack' with difference of opinion. I certainly never set out to 'attack' anyone.

I personally think a King Trevor-James would be very cool. :flowers:

Actually, pronounced properly - meaning the enunciation of the 'st' - makes the name one of great distinction. Any name with a 'st' has that - and if you handle all the 'esses' in Princess Estelle, it has a pristine, snappy as well as elegant sound.

BTW what kind of name was Desiree ('Desired One') for a Queen, when it comes to that? But it was a Queen's name once - so it is now queenly. So the same for any other name. Its the person who makes the name not the name who makes the person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom