The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Great name for a change but i would've like a more traditional name.
The overall all name is nice but I'm not liking the name Mary included for some reason.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Aristocracy

Such a proud father! Congrats to both parents. I quite like the name too. It is different, but, like BeatrixFan, I think it has a regal quality to it. I love the meaning of the name - very nice!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Serene Highness

Estelle is very nice in my opinion but it's a huge surprise to many of us. Many had expected a more common "Bernadotte family name" for the first child and then the likely future younger sibling/s having à more surprising name. But if the Crown Princess Couple are happy, i'm happy too The last name Mary and the dukedom Östergötland maybe is a hint that 2 of the godparents are the Crown Princess of Denmark and the Crown Prince of Norway. Mary because of the name and Haakon because the former 2 duke of Östergötland was his great uncle Prince Carl Jr ( later Prince Carl Bernadotte) and Haakons fathers mothers fathers father King Oscar II.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
The look on daniel's face cracks me up. He looks pleased as punch!

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7950/dcpm.jpg
Oh, he certainly is. Great picture!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

The prime minister told that Estelle has dark hair.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Serene Highness

I miss Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson. The word was that she was to attend the Te Deum but it is only her husband Tord Magnuson there.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Gentry

Beautiful name! I like very much Estelle! But it's unusual for a future queen! All the best!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Such a lovely name but I didn't think it was a Swedish name too !
Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I am so excited if we see little Estelle on the birthday of her grandfather Carl XVI Gustaf.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Courtier

I guess it'll grow on me... I'm a bit disappointed though. I was hoping for a more 'royal' name. Is the e in the end silent? I keep pronouncing it with an audible e. The first name is almost exactly my niece's name (another form of that name) so I can't totally hate it but it's not something I'd expect a real princess to have as a name. A Barbie princess maybe. And I hate when people place longer names first followed by shorter names. It just sounds better the other way around. I don't like Ewa, especially with a double u. Mary is okay, just not as the very last name of this combination.

I'm sorry to complain... I'm just a bit surprised they named her that.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Estelle is nice name but I expected more traditional name.
Congrats to parents :)
Can´t wait see a little princess.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The look on daniel's face cracks me up. He looks pleased as punch!

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7950/dcpm.jpg
He does indeed! You would think he just had a baby or something

Congrats to Victoria and Daniel on the birth of Estelle. Not a particular fan of the name but its not my baby and as long as she is healthy, at the end of the day, that's all matters.

I was hoping for something a more traditional, a link to the past like Astrid, Syblla, Margaret or Ingrid but hey, if Carl Gustaf didn't name his children after his mother why would his daughter feel the same?

But we shouldn't put so much thought in the name process (including myself). With the first child, you can't name her after everyone...and Estelle is a name they like, and she also shares the names of her grandmothers.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Nobility

New Swedish princess named Estelle: King - Times LIVE

Quote:
"Sweden's newest royal, second in line to the throne after her mother Crown Princess Victoria, has been named Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, King Carol XVI Gustaf announced Friday.

The princess, the first child for Victoria, 24 and Prince Daniel, 38, was born early Thursday at Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm.

Her first name is Estelle, and then, of course Silvia, and then Ewa and finally Mary," the monarch informed the government at a special cabinet meeting at Stockholm's Royal Palace broadcast live on television."
Old 02-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king said at the cabinet meeting that they wanted the princess to have a name that is very close to the family and Victoria. He also told about the family meeting with little Estelle yesterday.
Kungen: Vi ville ha ett namn som betyder mycket för oss | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation
Old 02-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Commoner

I was expecting the name to be something a bit more traditional but as this is what the parents chose I'm ok with it. I'm hoping that CP Mary of Denmark will be one of the godparents. That would be wonderful. When will they be made public and when is the christening going to be?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellainoz View Post
I was expecting the name to be something a bit more traditional but as this is what the parents chose I'm ok with it. I'm hoping that CP Mary of Denmark will be one of the godparents. That would be wonderful. When will they be made public and when is the christening going to be?
I guess it will take almost three months to the baptism.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video of the king announcing the name:
Prinsessans namn: Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary - Rapport | SVT Play
Old 02-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellainoz
We don't know yet but likely in 2 or 3 months
Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

more pictures
SWEDEN-ROYALS-PEOPLE-BIRTH fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0119447356
SWEDEN-ROYALS-PEOPLE-BIRTH fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0119447324
SWEDEN-ROYALS-PEOPLE-BIRTH fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0119447323
SWEDEN-ROYALS-PEOPLE-BIRTH fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0119447365
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...CCWSORW&w=true
Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Nobility

Quote: