It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would she do that? No one of us knows in what kind of a world people are living about 2060 when Estelle becomes a queen? Estelle can be a very beautiful and dignified name then.

I have no problem with the name 'Estelle' :flowers:. My question sprung due to the post that I quoted. The person said that she herself didn't think the name was suitable for a monarch, so I just asked out of pure curiosity if the little one could be styled differently, if she so chose. Sorry for the confusion.

Estelle is a beautiful and original name. It means "star". Congratulations for Victoria and Daniel! A new queen will reing in Sweden!

"Silvia" is common in my country and the Queen Silvia is called here as "brazilian queen", because her mother was brazilian. She was born in Germany, but she lived here upon 14 years old in Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo.

I think that are many negative replies about this name. I loved it! It's simple and beautiful. There are many important things in this world to discuss. And all parents choose the name they want to put in their children, they don't?

I don't think the royal family will speak to him anymore after this day

Surely they are better people than this! It would be very childish to act like that. People have their own opinions and let's not forget many are experiencing a small shock now and will get used to the name later.

The gentleman on this photo is Bertil Bernadotte, the son of countess Estelle Bernadotte: http://tinyurl.com/7wvjr77 I wonder what he felt when he heard the name of the little princess.

I love the name. Not ordinary, but loved by Victoria and Daniel, and their choice.

Well, I wouldn't name my daughter Estelle but I wouldn't name her Ingrid, Isabella, Josefine, Amalia, Alexia, Ariane, Leonor, Sophia.... either.
It's up to the parents to decide.

And AFAIK there is not really a tradition of names for monarchs in Sweden, especially for female monarchs. It's not like in the DRF where it would really have been a break of tradition if Mary&Frederik named their firstborn other than Christian.

The gentleman on this photo is Bertil Bernadotte, the son of countess Estelle Bernadotte: Ogiltiga parametrar I wonder what he felt when he heard the name of the little princess.
This picture did not come up for me. I'm so interested in this family. How is he related to the King, Victoria...

Thank you for the photos. I love his hand gestures: "I caught a fish thiiiiis big!" Obviously demonstrating the size of the baby, of course.

Last edited:
This picture did not come up for me. I'm so interested in this family. How is he related to the King, Victoria...
If you try this link: http://tinyurl.com/7wvjr77

Bertil Bernadotte is the son of Folke Bernadotte, whose father was prince Oscar Bernadotte, a younger brother of king Gustaf V of Sweden, making king Gustaf IV Adolf and Folke Bernadotte cousins and king Carl XVI Gustaf is the grandson of king Gustaf VI Adolf, and also the godson of Folke Bernadotte.

I'm so happy for crown princess Victoria and as of 24.2.12 she is named : Her Royal Highness Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Duchess of Östergötland. Could the name Mary refer to a choose of godmother, the crown princess of Denmark perhaps in order to possible return the favor foe being prince Christian of denmark's godmother .

Surely they are better people than this! It would be very childish to act like that. People have their own opinions and let's not forget many are experiencing a small shock now and will get used to the name later.
I wouldn't find it childish at all. Yes, we are all entitled to our own options and yes, 99,99% were for sure not expecting Estelle or Mary among the names, but calling a 1 day old baby "night club queen" is a bit too much in my opinion. There are other ways to say that you don't like specific name or don't find it suitable.

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel on the birth of little Princess Estelle! I was very surprised at the name, but I have always liked Estella and Stella as names and Estelle sounds very French to me.

I think it is very telling that they didn't use Sibylla or Caroline (the feminne form of Carl/Charles) after the King's recent behaviour

Well a surprise definately. But I am very happy for them. A healthy baby girl who will someday be Queen. Let's wish her a life filled with love and all the happiness in the world. And her name really isn't so bad. I'm sure we will all get used to it in time. :)

I don't see why whether or not everyone likes her name or things it's non-Swedish or whatever. The only thing I see of any real importance is the parent's happiness. A person's name doesn't really define them, it doesn't make them any less human. She is going to grow up with this name and a name, what's in it I don't think should define who this child will become. There will be more important things than her name. French, Swedish, German whatever, all I see is a little girl who yes is born royal yet is also someone who one day will be shaped by her experiences and the things she does and no so much judge by what her name is.

I don't see why whether or not everyone likes her name or things it's non-Swedish or whatever. The only thing I see of any real importance is the parent's happiness. A person's name doesn't really define them, it doesn't make them any less human. She is going to grow up with this name and a name, what's in it I don't think should define who this child will become. There will be more important things than her name. French, Swedish, German whatever, all I see is a little girl who yes is born royal yet is also someone who one day will be shaped by her experiences and the things she does and no so much judge by what her name is.
What really matter is the healthy, beautiful baby and of course the blessing for the family! Congrats to Sweden!

Absolutely! May she have a long, healthy life! There is no doubt that she will be well loved.

On German TV they just said that the name sounds like one of the nightclub acquaintances of Carl Gustaf :ninja:
Leave it to a low class TV employee to be that malicious to down grade a beautiful event. One must wonder what type of mother gave birth to that spiteful TV mutation.

I don't think Silvia's smile could get any wider while Daniel is looking mighty pleased indeed. Thank you for the photo.

I think the choice of Estelle is unusual. However, it is a beautiful name and I'm sure Victoria and Daniel's little star will be a trendsetter in ushering in a new popularity for old-fashioned names. :flowers:

Yes, C-P is chipper, too, but Grandad was caught in a serious moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom