It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the "Mary" is a clue that Crown Princess Mary will be a godparent? Hmm ...

Estelle? Oh wow, I'm really disappointed... :sad: She could have named her Michelle, Angelique or Chantal then, too. I'm part French myself and I love the names, but they sound tacky in other languages, IMO. And Queen Estelle of Sweden sounds odd. There are sooo many beautiful and regal sounding names in Swedish, why had it to be something like this? :nonono: Oh well, the name will have to grow on me. ;)

Last edited:
Not liking the name FOR A ROYAL, sounds very celebrity and too fashionable. I would have hoped for at least one traditional name apart from the grandmothers' names. Rather disappointing.

I guess she will be known as Stella or something.

Brilliant photo, probably killing him being away from the newborn.

Excuse my ignorance but why are they all sitting there? All for the newborn?

Well, this is the Te Deum Religious Mess for the Newborn!
BYe Bine

Someone's a fan of the Golden Girls....

In all seriousness, I love the name! I think it's lovely, very old fashioned (from a British point of view) but I think it has a regal quality to it. I know it hasn't been resoundingly popular but I like it.

Well, this is the Te Deum Religious Mess for the Newborn!
BYe Bine

Thanks, I had only expected a government meeting so had not expected this event taking place, interesting how different a royal traditions are.

Great name for a change but i would've like a more traditional name.
The overall all name is nice but I'm not liking the name Mary included for some reason.

Such a proud father! Congrats to both parents. I quite like the name too. It is different, but, like BeatrixFan, I think it has a regal quality to it. I love the meaning of the name - very nice!

Estelle is very nice in my opinion but it's a huge surprise to many of us. Many had expected a more common "Bernadotte family name" for the first child and then the likely future younger sibling/s having à more surprising name. But if the Crown Princess Couple are happy, i'm happy too ;) The last name Mary and the dukedom Östergötland maybe is a hint that 2 of the godparents are the Crown Princess of Denmark and the Crown Prince of Norway. Mary because of the name and Haakon because the former 2 duke of Östergötland was his great uncle Prince Carl Jr ( later Prince Carl Bernadotte) and Haakons fathers mothers fathers father King Oscar II.

Last edited:
The prime minister told that Estelle has dark hair.

Beautiful name! I like very much Estelle! But it's unusual for a future queen! All the best!

Such a lovely name but I didn't think it was a Swedish name too !

I am so excited if we see little Estelle on the birthday of her grandfather Carl XVI Gustaf.

I guess it'll grow on me... I'm a bit disappointed though. I was hoping for a more 'royal' name. Is the e in the end silent? I keep pronouncing it with an audible e. The first name is almost exactly my niece's name (another form of that name) so I can't totally hate it but it's not something I'd expect a real princess to have as a name. A Barbie princess maybe. And I hate when people place longer names first followed by shorter names. It just sounds better the other way around. I don't like Ewa, especially with a double u. Mary is okay, just not as the very last name of this combination.

I'm sorry to complain... I'm just a bit surprised they named her that.

Estelle is nice name but I expected more traditional name.
Congrats to parents :)
Can´t wait see a little princess.

The look on daniel's face cracks me up. He looks pleased as punch!

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7950/dcpm.jpg

He does indeed! You would think he just had a baby or something:flowers:

Congrats to Victoria and Daniel on the birth of Estelle. Not a particular fan of the name but its not my baby and as long as she is healthy, at the end of the day, that's all matters.

I was hoping for something a more traditional, a link to the past like Astrid, Syblla, Margaret or Ingrid but hey, if Carl Gustaf didn't name his children after his mother why would his daughter feel the same?

But we shouldn't put so much thought in the name process (including myself). With the first child, you can't name her after everyone...and Estelle is a name they like, and she also shares the names of her grandmothers.

New Swedish princess named Estelle: King - Times LIVE

"Sweden's newest royal, second in line to the throne after her mother Crown Princess Victoria, has been named Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, King Carol XVI Gustaf announced Friday.

The princess, the first child for Victoria, 24 and Prince Daniel, 38, was born early Thursday at Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm.

Her first name is Estelle, and then, of course Silvia, and then Ewa and finally Mary," the monarch informed the government at a special cabinet meeting at Stockholm's Royal Palace broadcast live on television."

I was expecting the name to be something a bit more traditional but as this is what the parents chose I'm ok with it. I'm hoping that CP Mary of Denmark will be one of the godparents. That would be wonderful. When will they be made public and when is the christening going to be?

I was expecting the name to be something a bit more traditional but as this is what the parents chose I'm ok with it. I'm hoping that CP Mary of Denmark will be one of the godparents. That would be wonderful. When will they be made public and when is the christening going to be?

I guess it will take almost three months to the baptism.

Ellainoz said:

We don't know yet but likely in 2 or 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom