The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
This is a sweet picture of the proud new parents, but what really impresses me is that the new Princess is tucked up safe and sound for her first car ride, in a backward facing baby safety capsule.

What a terrific message that sends to all parents.
They may not let you leave the hospital without the proper carseat for the baby. That was the case already almost 30 years ago in US.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Aristocracy

First of all, congratulations to Victoria & Daniel! How exciting. I'm quite surprised they went home so quickly, but I'm sure they had everything mapped out for some time.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I am so shocked that she already left the hospital. Of course, women have given birth at home for centuries so there's no need to actually BE in a hospital at all for most births but still....I would think that being such a precious delivery doctors might want to be 300% sure that she is perfectly well before releasing her. Mom and baby will, of course, be very well looked after at home I am sure!!
I'm not. If the mother and child are healthy, then hospitals tend to release them no earlier than 6 hours. Doctors believe that mothers will recover better at home.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
I love the sense of tradition surrounding the royal birth in Sweden. The child being presented to officials before a cabinet name where names and titles are bestowed and a special service of thanksgiving.
I totally agree with you! Congrats to the new parents!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I'm not. If the mother and child are healthy, then hospitals tend to release them no earlier than 6 hours. Doctors believe that mothers will recover better at home.
No earlier than 6 hours? No wonder... Why not deliver directly at home then? I'm not being sarcastic, I mean it. There's actually quite a trend here in the U.S. advocating for home deliveries. About recovering better at home that's debatable, I think. It depends on each mother's situation (presence of other children, help, etc.). I couldn't have done it honestly. But it's true that more often than not the nurses reallly bothered me in the hospital with their annoying "vital signs" visits every so hours for the baby and I, and all kinds of other stuff. etc.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
We too have had such laws for ages. However, that does not prevent normally sensible parents from making "short trips" with a baby in their arms. They seem to believe that should the worse happen they will be able to hold the baby safe and sound. The laws of physics are a mystery to them.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
No earlier than 6 hours? No wonder... Why not deliver directly at home then? I'm not being sarcastic, I mean it. There's actually quite a trend here in the U.S. advocating for home deliveries. About recovering better at home that's debatable, I think. It depends on each mother's situation (presence of other children, help, etc.). I couldn't have done it honestly. But it's true that more often than not the nurses reallly bothered me in the hospital with their annoying "vital signs" visits every so hours for the baby and I, and all kinds of other stuff. etc.
It seems, that Queen Silvia delivered Carl-Philipp and Madeleine at home.
If you see at Victoria, how "easy" it seemed to have gone (I only mean fast and uncomplicated, as it seems), she could have given birth at home as well. But you never know beforehand. And guess what MAY have happened in case of complications.... first birth and heir to the throne, so I think, then they made a good choice being on the safe side and going to hospital.
BYe Bine
Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know when the name will be announced? I heard around 7 or 8am Swedish time?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

11:15am Swedish time^
Old 02-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
ah, thank you. Sadly, that's a bit too late for me :( Guess I'll just have to find out when I wake up!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel, and the entire Swedish Royal Family!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

That's 9:15pm in Australia (8:15 in QLD)
Old 02-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness

I really like how careful and correct Daniel is with his public image ever since he became the husband of the Crown Princess -seems he had packed a formal suit for the press conference and changed back in more comfortable and casual clothes for the ride home. Very stylish and correct.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria has sent a message to the readers of newspapers via the information department of the court.
- I feel great and am so happy, greeted the new mother.
Victoria till Aftonbladets läsare: Jag är så lycklig | Babylyckan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post

That's 9:15pm in Australia (8:15 in QLD)
7.15 am in Argentina
Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Nobility

and what time in Italia??
Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Courtier

Same time as in Stockholm, 11:15 :)
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Nobility

thank you :)
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

In many countries it is a must for the baby to leave in a carseat. In my country, if you don't have a carseat the hospital gives you one for free. I know in the UK you won't be allowed to take the child home without one.

I really can't wait for the name of the little princess. It's great seeing the family visiting the little one at the palace. I read somewhere that Madeleine is on her way.
Hope we get a picture soon of the new one but I would prefer to see one a few days old.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

That rule doesn't apply in Denmark at least. For the simple reason that not everyone have a car.
They will have to go home in the car of friends or relatives, who would be somewhat reluctant in investing in a seat/straps for one ride. - Or a taxi, which don't come with special seats either.