It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is the Te Deum? I have lectures this afternoon, unfortunately.

Little Prince Christian will be charmed by many little princesses.. :)))

Did ANYONE see Estelle coming?
We will need some getting used to, but if the parents like it that we probably should just accept it.

Oh I think it's a lovely name, an predicted if a girl, Victoria would honor her mother by including Slivia in the child's name! Estelle sounds elegant and very lady-like to me. Also, I like that Ewa was selected to honor Daniel's mother. Such a lovely combination, but I am curious as to where Mary comes from, any ideas?

Last edited:
Ewa! On the swedish monarchy facebook page they spell her name
Kungahuset

H.K.H. Prinsessan Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary. Hennes titel ska vara Hertiginna av Östergötland.

Princess Désirée´s daughter Christina and Hans de Geer have a daughter Estelle, born 2000.

Is it not possible that the Mary is a tribute to the most famous Mary of all? Not a Danish princess but the one who gave birth to the baby Jesus in Bethlehem?

Victoria has her godmother -- Desiree (on my phone so can't do the characters) -- in her name so I think we can guess that the princess has a future godmother's name in hers as well. Since Ewa and Silvia are clearly for the little princess' grandmothers, that leaves Mary and Estelle.
The Mary doesn't have to mean CP Mary of Denmark but I think it's likely in honour of a godmother :flowers:

I wouldn't be surprised if two of her godparents will be crown princess Mary of Denmark and crown prince Hakon of Norway, as the latest duke of Östergötland was the younger brother of crown princess Märtha of Norway.

MARG said:
Mmmmm. The spelt it with a V on TV4 banner. :ermm:

The Kungahuset Facebook page uses "w". Hopefully we'll get the correct name on the royal website as well soon.

The te deum Will not be televised. It starts exactly now. I'm out now to listen to the salute from Kastellholmen here in Stockholm :-D

It's definitely with the W - the official site is listing it as such - I'm glad of it:

Prinsessan Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Hertiginna av Östergötland - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
2012-02-24
Prinsessan Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Hertiginna av Östergötland

Fredagen den 24 februari hölls konselj på Kungliga slottet med anledning av att Kronprinsessan nedkommit med en tronarvinge.
Vid konseljen informerade Kungen att Prinsessan ska heta Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, med tilltalsnamnet Estelle.
Prinsessan tilldelas Hertiginnedömet Östergötland.

Estelle is a french name, the Bernadottes came from France.
Estelle means a star, maybe Victoria and Daniel chose it because Estelle is their own little, long-longed star.

Last edited:
What a beautiful Name!!!And also cute the two Names of the Grandmothers in the Name!!! I wish the Little Princess Estelle and her Parents all the best!! I can't wait to see the first picture of her;-) <3 <3 <3

Not a big fan of Estelle, but it goes well with Bernadotte. She will have Victoria's last name? Not Daniel's?

If I am not incorrect, I believe Daniel adopted Victoria's surname of Bernadotte when they married.

:previous: HAHA so so far the Princess' namesakes (in regards to the very first name as opposed to second) were born in the range of 1907-1930s. Two of which are no longer alive and two are fictional. Hmmm...

I really wish they would have at least switched Silvia and Estelle in the name order :sad:

Well as soon as I saw it, I thought of Joey's agent from friends, Estelle!! I love that character, but the name...not so much!!

Not a big fan of Estelle, but it goes well with Bernadotte. She will have Victoria's last name? Not Daniel's?

Of course, because Daniel´s last name has been Bernadotte since the wedding.

There is no last name as long as she stays in the royal family.
Her title will be HRH Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland.
Bernadotte is the name of the royal house of Sweden.
Benadotte as a last name will only be used if she chooses to relinquish her title.

Princess Estelle.... it's sounds well... beautiful french name....

Hi, I loooove this name.
I was surprised, too, as I expected a Swedish Queens name. But this one sounds perfect. Princess Estelle, Crown Princess estelle, Queen Estelle!
Yeah!
Also a fan of the others except Mary, this is so NON swedish ;)
Bye Bine

The King used the phrase "Of course" twice when he told about his grand daughter's name... but used two different words for it in Swedish....
He said : "Her first name is Estelle", and then, of course (förståss) Silvia, and then of course (självklart) Ewa, and then Mary. "

Estelle is a lovely name. I prefer it to Ulrika or Josephine or Sybilla (old royal names which are ugly)

Has anyone heard anything about when we might see a photo of the young princess?

The king said in his speech that the name is close to Victoria´s heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom