The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Commoner

I wish Victoria ans Daniel all the best!!They will be proud and Good Parents for his Little princess!!!;-) All the best from Germany!!

Old 02-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

Will the baby get more than one dukedom? Madeleine has two for some reason I never have figured out why.

It's obvious that since the baby is born In February the child won't have birthdays on Oland. Will they present the baby in the same fashion that Victoria was? I do not know if Carl Philip was shown to the press until his baptism, I could be wrong but that's because I've never seen any. I've seen presentation pictures of Victoria and Madeleine at Solliden. I guess this may take place at Haga Slott?

All I hope is that Victoria and Daniel will always have the support of family and friends and each other and a healthy baby.

Will the christening take place in April then? I am going to assume on the last Sunday as with the tradition of the King's children, Victoria was last Sunday 27, 1997 but both Carl Philip and Madeleine were on the last Sunday of August 31, 1979 and 1982.

If the child should "inherit" Victoria's love of ponytail I hope it's pigtails. She seemed to have them frequently as a child with white or colored ribbons which I loved! But she was such a pretty child.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

I love the sense of tradition surrounding the royal birth in Sweden. The child being presented to officials before a cabinet name where names and titles are bestowed and a special service of thanksgiving.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by haga
Will the baby get more than one dukedom? Madeleine has two for some reason I never have figured out why.

It's obvious that since the baby is born In February the child won't have birthdays on Oland. Will they present the baby in the same fashion that Victoria was? I do not know if Carl Philip was shown to the press until his baptism, I could be wrong but that's because I've never seen any. I've seen presentation pictures of Victoria and Madeleine at Solliden. I guess this may take place at Haga Slott?

All I hope is that Victoria and Daniel will always have the support of family and friends and each other and a healthy baby.

Will the christening take place in April then? I am going to assume on the last Sunday as with the tradition of the King's children, Victoria was last Sunday 27, 1997 but both Carl Philip and Madeleine were on the last Sunday of August 31, 1979 and 1982.

If the child should "inherit" Victoria's love of ponytail I hope it's pigtails. She seemed to have them frequently as a child with white or colored ribbons which I loved! But she was such a pretty child.
We don't know if the baby will get 1 or 2 dukedoms but 1 is most likely. Princess Madeleine became duchess of both landscapes in Gävleborg Region. Don't know why. I'ts the King who decides. We don't know how they will celebrate her Birthday but it will likely be in Stockholm. The first press meeting for the little Princess will likely take place at home (Haga Palace). The christening will likely take place in 2 or 3 months. it will likely be on a sunday to allow as many as possible to follow the christening.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Are the links in post # 316 only for the swedish people or for the whole world available?
I pulled the links from another site so I can't say for sure but I did watch the tv4 link last night while waiting for the press conference and it worked fine for me and I'm in Canada. I remember with the wedding SVT had a separate link for those in Sweden and a separate one for the rest of the world.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
we will see something like this tomorrow¨carl philip name is told 1979

tarras wahlberg were the one who told the name of madeleine 1982

and 1977 victoria presented at soliden castle, öland
Thank you for these links! It was very nice to see how the births were covered in the media at the time. I especially found it sweet how the King calmed down crying Victoria. It felt a bit weird to hear Carl Philip being referred to as 'kronprinsen' but that's what he was at the time.

I can't wait for tomorrow! I hope the princess gets a beautiful name!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Nobility

I must say that Victoria looked fantastic in the leaving-the-hospital photo! One could almost think that she'd had a week at rest in the hospital after giving birth.

I stayed up last night to see Daniel's announcement, which was at midnight in my time zone. It was worth it to see how happy he was. And I'm still laughing over how I looked up the Swedish words for boy and girl so I could recognize either one in the announcement, but instead Daniel said "princessa." I had no trouble figuring out what that meant!

It also said something about how tired I was that I started wondering why it's always the expectant father who does these news conferences. My logic didn't return until early this morning when I realized that the father was the most convenient person to make the announcement because the new mother was otherwise occupied.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Ok apparently the names will go down tomorrow at 11:15 Swedish time. That would be 2am PST/5am EST
Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm so glad we don't have to wait for several months to know her name.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Ok apparently the names will go down tomorrow at 11:15 Swedish time. That would be 2am PST/4am EST
Wouldn't it be 5 am EST? I thought Stockholm is only six hours ahead of NY. (Where I am.)
Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post
Wouldn't it be 5 am EST? I thought Stockholm is only six hours ahead of NY. (Where I am.)
Sorry sorry my bad I did the math wrong. I swear I need more sleep my mind is slipping lately. Yes your right 5am EST I'll go change that right now.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Majesty

I'm so happy for them, and wish them all the happiness in the world. Looking forward to finding out the names.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Ghost Night. Guess my computer is the first thing I'll be looking at for the names tomorrow morning instead of my cup of coffee!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

At lunchtime I saw on CNN about the birth. Best of wishes to the royal couple. Have they named the baby? I didn't see anything but haven't really read the news lately.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Thanks, Ghost Night. Guess my computer is the first thing I'll be looking at for the names tomorrow morning instead of my cup of coffee!
No prob! Sorry about the time confusion my brain's been completely fried the last week or so(due to school, work and normal everyday stress), so you'll have to excuse me.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to Victoria & Daniel as well as Sweden!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Gentry

I'm so happy for Victoria and Daniel. Congratulations to them!!!
And a little girl, how exciting!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the Family!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoles94 View Post
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/Kungahuset

pic of the new parents leaving hospital!

This is a sweet picture of the proud new parents, but what really impresses me is that the new Princess is tucked up safe and sound for her first car ride, in a backward facing baby safety capsule.

What a terrific message that sends to all parents.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Aristocracy

I am so shocked that she already left the hospital. Of course, women have given birth at home for centuries so there's no need to actually BE in a hospital at all for most births but still....I would think that being such a precious delivery doctors might want to be 300% sure that she is perfectly well before releasing her. Mom and baby will, of course, be very well looked after at home I am sure!!