The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the couple

Old 02-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann View Post
I thought it had been agreed upon during the last meeting of the Commonwealth nations.

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel. What a fantastic day for them!
It was agreed to but the legislative process in the UK and the other realms still needs to take place. Governments could change, legislative priorities could change, anything could happen. It likely will happen eventually but you never know with governments. 1 less governments approval will happen with Jamaica planning to be a republic soon. Anyway, congrats to the Swedish couple even though I was hoping for a future King

Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Tomorrow is an exciting day too !! The counsil with the government starts at 11 a.m tomorrow. At 11.35 a.m tomorrow there Will be a press conference in the Carl XV Hall at the Royal Palace where the Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist will reveal the names, titles and dukedom to the little Princess. The service of thanksgiving starts at 12 p.m tomorrow in the Royal Palace Church.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe baby will have Beatrix (Swedish equivalent) as one of her middle names?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I am suprised that they did not have a photo op.I know she is hours old but,I want to see her! Shame that the blanket was covering her up so well!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Surely Victoria must be somekind of superhuman that she can leave the hospital so soon! I'm so happy for both Victoria and Daniel, these were amazing news to wake up to indeed. Grattis to the happy parents and their little daughter
In my country,it's absolutely normal to leave hospital at the same day of giving birth by natural labour but not with c section as you have to wait at least 24hours after giving birth.I left hospital 3 hours after giving birth to my children.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel! I'm so happy for them.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow! so fast victoria and the little girl leaves the hospital just like maxima and mette marit
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
The change in the succession laws in the UK has not happened yet. No legislation has been introduced yet in the UK, and then changes have to be made in the other Commonwealth realms. It could take 2-3 years to complete, if it is done at all.
oh, thanks so much.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma View Post
In my country,it's absolutely normal to leave hospital at the same day of giving birth by natural labour but not with c section as you have to wait at least 24hours after giving birth.I left hospital 3 hours after giving birth to my children.
Yes, but seeing as Princess Marie for instance was on the hospital for about three (?) days, I just thought she'd stay longer.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It could be we as siblings, seeing as Madeleine isn't in the country for her niece's birth Carl-Philip could be talking for her.

No, the "we" is clearly from him and Sofia. It's the first congratulations released by him. He later congratulated Victoria and Daniel with Madeleine in a separate release...
Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Yes, but seeing as Princess Marie for instance was on the hospital for about three (?) days, I just thought she'd stay longer.
It's ultimately up to the mother (and not least the child) and there are no doubt differencies from country to country.
And there is a difference between the DRF and SRF in the sense that there is a well established tradition for presenting the child to the press when the leaving the hospital in Denmark, while the Swedes obviously opt not to do that.
If Victoria was to do that, I think she would have chosen to stay in the hospital for a few days more.

In DK it's certainly not uncommon for new mothers to leave the hospital within hours, but the doctors like if you wait at least until the milk starts running.
But as another poster suggested, V&D probably have a fully qualified nurse standing by at home.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
wow! so fast victoria and the little girl leaves the hospital just like maxima and mette marit
And they were all past 30 already. Brave women!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow that was quick I only went to bed less than 9 hours ago and they already left! The last time I remember someone leaving that quickly had to have been the Late Diana Princess of Wales when she had William she left I think if memory serves me correctly the next day.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was right! It was a little girl! I'm so, so, so excited for both of them. :-D
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
It was agreed to but the legislative process in the UK and the other realms still needs to take place. Governments could change, legislative priorities could change, anything could happen. It likely will happen eventually but you never know with governments. 1 less governments approval will happen with Jamaica planning to be a republic soon. Anyway, congrats to the Swedish couple even though I was hoping for a future King
Wanted to throw out there is a whole thread about the idea of equal primogeniture in the UK here Proposal for Equal Primogeniture Succession
Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

wow, they are already released from hospital! that was quick!
i can't wait to get to know the name of the little one.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

What wonderful news! Congrats to the family.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish Iltalehti tells that Victoria´s stylist Tina Törnqvist arrived to Haga Palace at nine o´clock in the morning, four hours before Victoria, Daniel and the little princess came home. Johan T Lindwall from Expressen believes that she was asked either as a friend (Victoria gets close with the people she works with) or that she came to make Victoria ready for the official photos possibly taken today.
Mitä ihmettä? Victorian stylisti kiiruhti Hagan linnaan | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

Finnish photo agency Lehtikuva has nice galleries
of Victoria´s childhood
Kruununprinsessa Victorian lapsuus | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
and the love story of Victoria and Daniel
Victorian ja Danielin rakkaustarina | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

According to the court, Madeleine will arrive to Sweden to see the little princess as soon as she can.
"Hon ser fram emot att träffa sin systerdotter" | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

The danish royal family, Haakon and Mette-Marit, president Tarja Halonen, and Victoria´s and Daniel´s friends have send their congratulations
Lyckönskningarna strömmar in till de nyblivna föräldrarna | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation
Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Has there been any coverage of what the doctors had to say?
If so just delete this post.

In Svensk Damtidning: http://svenskdam.se/2012/02/forlossn...-val/#comments

The doctor in charge, Lennart Nordström, is quoted for saying that he was more nervous about this interview than for the delivery: "I've gotten to know that so well that it didn't seem particularly akward. A responsibilty (yes), but I relied on the midwife, Cecilia and I being very comfortable with each other and having a complementing knowledge, so it has felt very good".

A room was prepared two weeks ago, especially for Victoria: "That was our descision, we could not have an official person sitting in a waiting room".

Daniel commended the team, when meeting the press and Lennart Nordström comments on that: "We appreciate that, but our role in the context is marginal, they (V&D) are the ones who have done a terrific job together".

As the birth of a royal child hasn't happened for a long time in the SRF Lennart Nordström was approached long ago: "I was asked to do this early on in the pregnancy and I never doubted my descision".