The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Courtier

A great picture of the happy family! Such teamwork with the car seat!! LOL

Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel! When I signed off from this forum last night I had a dream that Victoria had a girl and she named her Sibylla ... and one of the other names was Lilian. Can't wait to find out!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Wasn't Victoria's last official engagement in Tuesday and Daniel's last event yesterday? Just wondering.

Any news on the new grandparents visiting the princess? Both grandparents seemed to be driving somewhere but I haven't heard anything about whether they arrived at Haga.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Royal Highness

Good News , congratulations For Both Couple
Old 02-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Wasn't Victoria's last official engagement in Tuesday and Daniel's last event yesterday? Just wondering.

Any news on the new grandparents visiting the princess? Both grandparents seemed to be driving somewhere but I haven't heard anything about whether they arrived at Haga.
Yes, and yes for the first two questions. And King and Queen were on their way to Haga which is where Victoria is.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav
Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel! When I signed off from this forum last night I had a dream that Victoria had a girl and she named her Sibylla ... and one of the other names was Lilian. Can't wait to find out!
Sibylla might be a middle name but not the calling name i think as it is too much a "non swedish" name. They said that her names and her dukedom is already decided and known to the closest family and will be known to us tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Courtier

I wonder if their choice of names will have any influence over what Joachim and Marie decide to call their little princess?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Sibylla might be a middle name but not the calling name i think as it is too much a "non swedish" name. They said that her names and her dukedom is already decided and known to the closest family and will be known to us tomorrow.
Isn't Sibylla the name of Victoria's grandmother? That's quite swedish to me.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Royal Highness

Surely Victoria must be somekind of superhuman that she can leave the hospital so soon! I'm so happy for both Victoria and Daniel, these were amazing news to wake up to indeed. Grattis to the happy parents and their little daughter

Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Crown Princely couple are happy parent of daughter
Old 02-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am so fond of Victoria and Daniel that I feel as though I have a new family member. Congratulations to the entire SRF and to those of us who love them.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I was surprised to read the news that Victoria had given birth this morning - i was expecting this news next week or later especially after her last engagement was a few days ago.

Congratulations to the couple on the birth of another future Queen for Europe

Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Isn't Sibylla the name of Victoria's grandmother? That's quite swedish to me.
It's a german name. Yes the german born Princess Sibylla was her paternal grandmother.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't believe we will see a picture of the new Princess until just after the King has announced it to the ministers tomorrow.

Great that they are already at home. Now their families can come and go without being surrounded by paparazzi.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope that Queen Beatrix got a little smile at her face after hearing that her goddaughter has given birth to a princess and that the smile breaks her a little time out of her sorrows, gives her more power to handle the terrible situation with Friso.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

LOVELY NEWS.
I was hoping for a little baby girl!!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
It's a german name. Yes the german born Princess Sibylla was her paternal grandmother.
Well, actually Sibylla/Sibylle/Sibyl is a name from the Greek mythology. The Greek word Sibyl means prophetess.
But I agree that they will most probably choose a more typical Swedish name as there are enough beautiful alternatives.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is a video from svt.se from the salutes
Dubbel salut för den nyfödda prinsessan - rapport | svt.se
Old 02-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes, and why not if everything went well? Victoria certainly feels more comfortable at home and unless other new mothers, she will have staff at hand to help her and access to her own doctor.

My guess would be that they have already employed a live-in nanny who is a nurse or midwife and can help now and will continue to stay and look after the new addition to the family while she grows up.
Yes, it is quite common today. I stayed with my daughters after my grandchildren were born for 3 to 4 weeks and then their mother-in-laws stayed an additional 3 to 4 weeks. This gave the new mothers time to devote 100% to new child while we saw to all other chores. It was a lovely family time.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations for CP Victoria and Daniel Westling !