The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I can't believe it... Crown Princess Victoria gave birth in 3.5 hours and nine hours later she's already on her feet and going home.. What is she, a superwoman?! I suppose everything is alright since they are releasing them already but this seems very quick. Of course should they need it (hope not), they have an access to healthcare professionals. I can't wait until we see the first photo taken by morfar (mother's father).

Yup is unbelievable.I also read that when Queen Silvia gave birth of Victoria in 1977 , she has left the hospital after 3-4hours after birth

Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple!
I´m glad that everything went alright, and mother and daughter are at home already!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post

Yup is unbelievable.I also read that when Queen Silvia gave birth of Victoria in 1977 , she has left the hospital after 3-4hours after birth
Wow, really?! I don't think they'd let a first time mother leave the hospital so soon here. Everyone I know has been at the hospital for at least one or two days when it is the first time they give birth. Of course part of that time is used teaching the new parents how to care for the baby, how to nurse etc. and I believe this couple has had all the training possible beforehand. Still, I can't believe she is walking already...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel left home at this silver car with police cars. The black Audi was obviously a deception.
Victoria, Daniel ja vauva lähtivät sairaalasta | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi
Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

"Hello" Elation as Sweden welcomes first royal baby in three decades

Princess Victoria baby: Speculation begins about the name of Sweden's future queen - hellomagazine.com
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I can't believe it... Crown Princess Victoria gave birth in 3.5 hours and nine hours later she's already on her feet and going home.. What is she, a superwoman?! I suppose everything is alright since they are releasing them already but this seems very quick. Of course should they need it (hope not), they have an access to healthcare professionals. I can't wait until we see the first photo taken by morfar (mother's father).

Don't forget she also had her last engagement yesterday, so I don't think 'superwoman' is such a stretch
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Commoner

I knew it would be a princess. I am so happy for Victoria and Daniel. Congratulations! They must be so happy and pround. What a wonderful news. Can't wait to hear her name tomorrow and see a picture of her. I hope Victoria and Daniel just enjoy this time with their new daughter. They will be so good and "perfect" parents! GRATTIS!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria´s doctor said that 6 hours is the minimun every mother has to stay at the hospital after giving birth. After that you can leave, if you are ready to it.
Yes, and why not if everything went well? Victoria certainly feels more comfortable at home and unless other new mothers, she will have staff at hand to help her and access to her own doctor.

My guess would be that they have already employed a live-in nanny who is a nurse or midwife and can help now and will continue to stay and look after the new addition to the family while she grows up.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa
I hope Princess Madeleine is attending the Te Deum tomorrow.
I don't think she is in the country.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Nobility

Congratulations How happy they must be!!!
Léonard de Vinci
Old 02-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Christian will be outnumbered.
Princess Charlene, Duchess Catherine, Queen Jetsun and future wife of the Prince Ulukalala of Tonga still can have boys as first (and future wife of Guillaume)

We will have King Lerotholi David in Lesotho and Emperor Hisahito in Japan. Close in age to Christian is also future Sultan Abdul Muntaquim of Brunei.
And a bit older: King Tipangkorn in Thailand and King Hassan in Morocco.

And much, much older male heirs (nearly adult): Hussein of Jordan and Josef-Wenzel of Liechtenstein.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Bravo Victoria! We don't know how long she was in labor before the doctor was notified at 10 or 10:30, say an hour. So shorter than the average first labor but not drastically short! The baby is a nice size but not really big, so no reason to stick around the hospital or not be able to walk, etc.
She will surely have at least one trained nurse at home, maybe even a doctor in attendance.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel I, along with everyone else, cannot wait to hear the name of the little princess and see the tiny bundle of joy :)
Old 02-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Princess Charlene, Duchess Catherine, Queen Jetsun and future wife of the Prince Ulukalala of Tonga still can have boys as first (and future wife of Guillaume)

We will have King Lerotholi David in Lesotho and Emperor Hisahito in Japan. Close in age to Christian is also future Sultan Abdul Muntaquim of Brunei.
And a bit older: King Tipangkorn in Thailand and King Hassan in Morocco.

And much, much older male heirs (nearly adult): Hussein of Jordan and Josef-Wenzel of Liechtenstein.
I'll rephrase, in Europe Christian is outnumbered. Right now there's Josef-Wenzel. With the possibility for boys from Catherine, Charlene and Guillaume. Currently Christian's up against, the new born baby, Catharina-Amalia, Leonor (although potential for a boy), Ingrid-Alexandra, Elisabeth. Also, Catherine's child won't be the same generation as Christian, William is Christians UK counterpart.

I'm amused at the role reversal in generations. The next generation of Monarchs in Europe is mainly males, except for Victoria. The next generation is the opposite, minus William and Christian.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

She has left the hospital very soon. I hope that the Royal House will release any pic of the new Princess.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Royal Highness

I like the fact that while we got a picture of the new parents leaving the hospital with the baby, we did not yet see her face. After all, it has been reported that it is Victoria's wish that her father should be the first to take a picture of his first grandchild. So this picture was a very good compromise, IMHO.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Nobility

Think it is brilliant Victoria can get back home, would be hard being such a public person in hospital...as wonderful as the staff is I am sure there is a feeling of being watched.

Here in Ireland it is nothing new to go home a few hours after a natural birth...know most new mums are itching to get home if they have had no complications.

I do love the Uk/Danish/Spanish tradition in the new mum and baby leaving hospital but I appreciate this is not for everyone. Nice of the new parents to share a picture on leaving, ok we can't really see the little Princess but seeing them in their new roles as a parent is enough for me. Can't wait to hear her name, glad it is not a long long wait like with the Danish.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the proud parents and to the Swedish RF on the birth of a future Queen. How wonderful to see Victoria on her feet so soon and that is such a sweet picture of the happy family. I'm also glad there won't be several months' wait to find out the baby's name.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel for a Baby Princess! Congratulations to the Proud New Grandparents, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia, and Congratulations to the Proud New Uncle and Aunt, Carl Philip and Madeleine!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to all the Royal Family, and especially to Victoria and Daniel! I´m so happy for them, and Victoria is amazing! I can´t believe she was yesterday at an official event, early today she gave birth and she´s already at home!
And how great to have another little future queen (as I was hoping for )
Girls power in the future european monarchies!

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Closed Thread