It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. Am I the only one who feels that Estelle is not regal whatsoever? Queen Estelle sounds awful.

Queen Estelle? Let's hope the princess has the looks to make up for the deficiency of her name.

Oh dear. Am I the only one who feels that Estelle is not regal whatsoever? Queen Estelle sounds awful.

No you are not the only one. Noy a fan of the name. But oh welll, it's official.

I'm assuming Crown Princess Mary might be a godmother since that is one of her middle names. I like that idea!

There is a Mary in the Bernadotte family tree. I really don't believe that they name their daughter after CP Mary of Denmark.

hm, it doesn't have any of the historical names everyone was suggesting.

There is a Estelle in the bernadotte family

wife of folke bernadotte

I'd also hoped for a more queenly name.

I'm assuming Crown Princess Mary might be a godmother since that is one of her middle names. I like that idea!

Exactly my thought when I saw "Mary" was included. I guess this hopeful fact can make up for the name Estelle!
Does anyone else think of George's mother from Seinfeld immediately after hearing her name? :lol:

Sweden's new princess will be called Estelle Silvia Eva Mary, Duchess of Östergötland announced King Carl XVI Gustaf on Friday in Stockholm.

Here come the announcement of the Marshal.

The name is in use since the 16. century and means "beautiful star". On becoming queen she can always choose Silvia as her regal name.

Estelle is probably after Estelle Romaine Manville, the wife of Folke Bernadotte, who was the godfather of king Carl Gustav. The name is really a surprise, but I'm was correct by guessing her dukedom, Östergötland, my home province.

What a nice, but total unexpected name. I want to know how many lucky guys there are betting on this name?

I think the Marshal of the Realm is explaining the origin of the name.

The name is in use since the 16. century and means "beautiful star". On becoming queen she can always choose Silvia as her regal name.

Or Mary. Has there been queens Mary or other queens Silvia (not counting the Cp's mother) in the SRF?

Is Estelle even a popular girl's name currently in Sweden?

Really? Who?

1. Astrid Désirée Estelle Bernadotte Countess af Wisborg
    * London, February 9th, 1987
  2. Maria Estelle Bernadotte Countess af Wisborg
    * Uppsala, April 27th, 1962
  3. Astrid Ruth Estelle Bernadotte Countess af Wisborg
    * Uppsala, February 10th, 1999
  4. Estelle Romanie Manville
    * Pleasantville, New York, September 26th, 1904
    † Stockholm, May 28th, 1984

It reminds me of Estelle, Joey's agent in friends, and to me it sounds not so nice, maybe just due to this association. But, it's her name, and when we start to associate it with her, it will probably proof to suite her very well.

Not that it matters, but in the UK Estelle is the kind of name you could imagine a barmaid having. It's a touch chavish in my opinion.

Then again, all that matters is that the parents like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom