The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Esmeralda. I dont think youtube has the right to show the pictures. After all, Wikipedia dont dare to publish the pictures since they are not "free" pictures
I checked the official website and it says the pictures can be freely published for editorial but not commercial use. The YouTube video isn't promoting anything, so it should be fine. Mind you, I'm definitely not an expert on copyrights so I may be wrong.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Victoria baby: Swedish royal and husband Daniel take little Estelle for a walk - hellomagazine.com

Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Courtier

I was a little surprised by the name. But when I read that it was a family name and a longtime favourite of Victoria I imagined a teenage Victoria browsing the family tree for a beautiful name. And now I like it. And what an elegant lady she was named after: Google Vertaling

Brio (brand of Estelle's pram) congatulate Victoria and Daniel on their site:
BRIO.NET - BRIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post

That's really cute. I have never thought about Ikea doing something when the baby was born. And I was just thinking: Did they do something similar when Victoria and Daniel got married? Something like a mini wedding cake maybe? I also can't remember that.
The wedding also inspired Ikea:
http://nordicdesign.ca/blog/2010/04/...royal-wedding/
and I also remember they sold a royal version this shopping bag in blue with yellow crowns on it: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50212684/
Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Victoria seems to be doing so well physically after the birth of their lovely princess. Our doctor advised not going out in the winter for a month and a half! Great picture, thanks for posting.
We were encouraged to get fresh air everyday, especially in the winter! (not extreme weather).
When I see the two of them with eyes glued to Estelle in the carriage, it reminded me of our first, and how we almost felt we needed to always watch to make sure he was always breathing
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74
Esmeralda. I dont think youtube has the right to show the pictures. After all, Wikipedia dont dare to publish the pictures since they are not "free" pictures
It's a clip from Euronews' official YouTube channel. I assume television stations have shown the pictures during their broadcasts? I've seen them on BBC.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
The wedding also inspired Ikea:
Ikea inspired by royal wedding | NordicDesign
and I also remember they sold a royal version this shopping bag in blue with yellow crowns on it: UPPTÄCKA Shopping bag on wheels - IKEA
Thanks! I really don't remember it which really bugs me. We have an IKEA just around the corner and I'm often over there to just look at new things and a coffee and cake in the restaurant. Maybe it was just IKEA in Sweden who was in wedding mood back then? But that doesn't make really sense either.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prinzessin Victoria + Prinz Daniel: Zeit für die Familie - News auf Gala.de
Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Crown Princess Victoria and Estelle will be the fourth and fifth Queens Regnant in a long history of female rule in Sweden Crown Princess Victoria’s newborn daughter Estelle set to become next Queen of Sweden | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

According to Aftonbladet, 'a member of the Royal family' bought back a diamond and sapphire studded tiara that once belonged to Countess Estelle Bernadotte. This tiara was inherited by Folke Bernadotte. I wonder of this has anything to do with Princess Estelle's birth?
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Sf_J3Vc8XsSVpQ
Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great news! Thank you for this.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice! But perhaps it is a birth present for Princess Estelle's mother. Now wouldn't that be a treat, a second tiara for Victoria and one that has family history and that no one else in the family has worn.

Hmm, I will live in hope.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Thanks! I really don't remember it which really bugs me. We have an IKEA just around the corner and I'm often over there to just look at new things and a coffee and cake in the restaurant. Maybe it was just IKEA in Sweden who was in wedding mood back then? But that doesn't make really sense either.
It obviously was an IKEA Family Product - do you look round this shop as well? For I don't, normally. But then I'm only into IKEA for a Hot Dog, a bit of icecream and to buy crabs and Scandinavian sill.. The crab especially while they don't have much crabmeat in them, make for a wonderful base for sauces and soups... And IKEA is the only store where I can get these deep-frozen crabs regularily. My family just adores the "IKEA-soup" as they call it...
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Nobility

Picture of Countess Estelle's Parure

I hope it is true that Countess Estelle's tiara has been purchased by the Swedish royal family.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7...enshot222e.jpg
Old 03-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Courtier

Estelle should be given the amethyst tiara it's our (er, I mean her) birth stone :)
Old 03-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I hope it is true that Countess Estelle's tiara has been purchased by the Swedish royal family.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7...enshot222e.jpg
I hope so as well. I think that tiara is beautiful.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

I just read (and I apologize if this is repeated information) that Estelle will be called Stella by her close family. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not one of the one's who dislikes the name Estelle, but if she is called Stella I would love that; Stella is such a beautiful name but I don't think it is one that any royal families are partial to. Using it as a nickname would be great.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 03-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I am not one of the one's who dislikes the name Estelle, but if she is called Stella I would love that; Stella is such a beautiful name but I don't think it is one that any royal families are partial to. Using it as a nickname would be great.
I am partial to the name Stella - it was my mother's name and is my middle name. And who can forget Marlon Brando's anguished screaming of it in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'? It winds up becoming the diminutive 'Stel' - which has a vague aspiration when spoken so ironically sounds like E-Stel.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope that she will be called Estelle the whole her life, it is such a beautiful name, and I find nicknames unnecessary. I personally don´t like to use nicknames of people I know. I like the connection with a former family member with Estelle, and I hope that they don´t start to call the little one Stella. And if it is true that Victoria has from her childhood thought that Estelle is such a beautiful name, I doubt that they call her with another name.

Many trademark applications relating to the name Estelle have been sent to the Patent and Registration Office (PRV) since the princess was born.
Många företag söker skydd för Estelle | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

The court has put princess Estelle to it´s website
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/royalfamily/hrhprincessestelle.4.70e7de59130bc8da54e800021541.html
She is also mentioned at the front site of the royal family in the swedish version
http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamiljen.4.1c3432a100d8991c5b80002606.html
Old 03-03-2012, 03:07 AM
Courtier

I have absolutely no problem with the Princess being called Stella after all it's my name and my second name is Marie so it fits in with Estelle and Mary.