It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to our sometimes beautiful, sometimes sad, sometimes predictable, sometimes surprising but always coloured world Princess Estelle...

New Princess' Name is Estelle

New Princess is named Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary. She has been assigned the Duchy of Ostergotland.

Like the name, very pretty, but not one I'd thought of.

Congrats to parents & grandparents:flowers::flowers:

Sorry to be a downer but I don't like the name. My apologies to all the Estelle's in the world :(

It's not a regal name, not a queen's name, although some may think it's pretty. (I don't, sounds like a disagreeable old lady's name to me.) It seems like just one more step toward royalty not being really royal anymore. The crown princes and princesses marry whomever they want and name their children in a common way. But after enough of this, aren't they just as "common" as the rest of us?

Does the name have any tradition in the royal family?

Hmm, the more I think about the name, the more I like it. A few family names and a beautiful firstname. But I very much doubt she will change her name when she'll become Queen. Why should sh? It's her name and everybody will be more than used to it about 50+ years. It would sound more strange if she would change her name and go by one of the others when she'll become Queen.

:swedenflag: Welcome, little Princess Estelle. :queen: :curtsey:I wish you a wonderful life full of happiness and nice surprises. :castle2: :coach:

I can't believe they didn't include Lillian. I would have liked the baby to be called Astrid or Desiree.

It reminds me of Estelle, Joey's agent in friends, and to me it sounds not so nice, maybe just due to this association.
That was my thought exactly - Joey´s agent in "Friends" an old lady with blue hair :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

maybe they wanted to giver her her own persona and not be compred to other royals

I like Estelle. I hope she will be a shining star

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel. I don't like the name but I went to school with an Estelle who was a bully.

I think it is lovely that they chose a name that they liked first (Estelle) and then paid tribute to her mother (Silvia) and his (Ewa). The only unknown is Mary, and I am sure we will probably know the root of this name in time.

Congratulations to the new family, Princess Estelle sounds nice. I am not sure on the name but no doubt the more it is heard, the more it will grow on me.

Can't wait to see her and see who her Godparents are. :D

Any clues as to the signifigance of the name "Mary" to Victoria and Daniel?

Btw, she CAN already hold up with her firstname, because she is already a little star/shining star. She's the first born crownprincess ever in Sweden. If that's not reason enough for this firstname, what else should it be?

I was just not expecting Estelle as a first name, I guess I was thinking of more grand, royal sounding names. If I am completely honest I feel disappointed in the first name, love the following ones as it is lovely to use the mums names but Estelle does not make me think of Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom