The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Courtier

I meant "impressive" of course

Daniel was so moved when he announced the birth.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Well done, Victoria! And congratulations to the entire family! It DOES feel like we're welcoming a member of our own family, too. I am very impressed with her ability to go home so soon after the birth and it's a very happy thought for them to be cozy at Haga in the new nursery with their family around them.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Copy the text and place it to Google translator.

That's what I've been doing - it's a pain but at least I can then read it. It's so much easier on the other sites. Svenskdam even has a place on their page for an English translation. C'est la vie!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the time of Victoria´s pregnancy
Victorias gravidresa - arbetade in i det sista | Nyheter | Expressen
Old 02-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

The little princess already has her Wiki page. :)
N., Princess of Sweden (born 23 February 2012) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great news!!! Congrats to CP. Victoria & PD :)
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

This is wonderful news! Congratulations to the whole family and of course the Swedish people on the arrival!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
Congratulations to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel!

And, Prince Daniel just does things well. He gave the best Groom's speech we've ever heard and now he looks like the happiest and nicest new father!

God bless them all.
I have to think that during this entire pregnancy and delivery that Daniel has played a major part in all of it. Victoria had her own personal trainer as her labor coach and for emotional support. It was totally a team effort. They both look so radiant leaving the hospital! This is sure going to be on very well loved little princess.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:41 PM

What wonderful news to wake up to. I wish them all the best and many congratulations
Old 02-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
Don't think they've changed the succession laws in England so as long as Will and Kate have a boy at any point he will be king.
The commonwealth countries have agreed in principle to allow first-born succession regardless of sex.

Royal succession gender equality approved by Commonwealth | UK news | guardian.co.uk
Old 02-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel on their way home
http://static.iltalehti.fi/viihde/vic5_2302MN_vi.jpg
The gun salutes
http://static.iltalehti.fi/viihde/vic4_2302MN_vi.jpg

Daniel spoke with Johan T Lindwall after the press conference. Lindwall tells that Daniel told him that the little princess got ten points at the birth.
Hovitoimittaja: Tällaiset pisteet pikkuprinsessa sai! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi
Old 02-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Gentry

Congratulations to the parents! But why no photos of the little princess? Why so fast? It's a little bit strange!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Daniel was so proud, touched and nervous at the same time when he announced that they'd got a little princess. The announcement is so adorable. I don't know about you guys, but I can't help loving the man. Such a great guy, I'm sure he's a big support for Victoria.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by empress sissi View Post
Congratulations to the parents! But why no photos of the little princess? Why so fast? It's a little bit strange!
According to Victoria´s doctor, the hospital has a policy that a mother must stay at least 6 hours at the hospital after the birth. After that she and the baby can leave home, if both are doing fine.
It´s easy to understand that Victoria will get her strength back in peace in her lovely home and not in the hospital. I think that the photo of the baby will be released tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple,their families and to the Swedish people
Old 02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to Victoria´s doctor, the hospital has a policy that a mother must stay at least 6 hours at the hospital after the birth. After that she and the baby can leave home, if both are doing fine.
It´s easy to understand that Victoria will get her strength back in peace in her lovely home and not in the hospital. I think that the photo of the baby will be released tomorrow.
Its my understanding from what I've read here that the very first photo of the little princess is to be taken by her grandfather. Perhaps he's doing an entire photo shoot right now. I doubt he'll need any flashbulbs... the proud beams of the family will be enough to light the room.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by empress sissi
There is no tradition in Sweden to show the baby to the press at the hospital. Victoria wanted to follow their family tradition to release photos of the little Princess later. Well, Victoria and the baby was fine and everything Else was fine so i guess that Victoria wanted to go home as fast as possible. The Queen left the hospital only 4 hours after the birth of Victoria in 1977.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten explains what actually happens at a royal birth in Sweden: Det sker ved en kongelig svensk fødsel

The Court issue a message informing the government about the birth. - Then announcements are made on the SRF webpage and its Facebook profile.

Tomorrow Friday, the child will be presented for official wittnesses. They are: The chairman of the Parliament, the Prime Minister and the Chief of Court.
they document the whole thing in an official documents complete with seals.

The King call a State Council. The PM will chair that meeting.

Saluting. The official salute takes place outside the royal palace in Stockholm (but also elsewhere as we have seen). 2 X 21 shots will be fired. The salutes are fired with an interval of one minutes. Only a future heir will honored with 42 shots in total. (*)
The salutes takes place on the first weekday. (That was today. Had Victoria given birth Saturday, the salute must have taken place Monday noon).

A service giving thanks is held the next day, execpt if she had given birth on a Saturday, then the service would have taken place Monday.
Those invited for the service are: Relatives, representatives from the Parliament, the government, representatives from the official Sweden and staff from the court.

(*) Victoria herself only got 21 shots, as she was a girl and at that time boys took presedence).
Old 02-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Majesty

the new princess has the same birthday as
Birthday of Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan