It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SVT doesn't work for me because I am out of Sweden.

Too bad, at 11:15 I won't be able to follow the news :ermm: I guess I'll have to wait until the afternoon...

So they changed it to 10am? Well 10am Swedish time is a bit better for me tbh....guess we'll see.

So they changed it to 10am? Well 10am Swedish time is a bit better for me tbh....guess we'll see.

No, the witness confirmation (when some witnesses confirm the birth -tradition-) is going to be at 10. The name will be announced at 11 :)

No earlier than 6 hours? No wonder...
In Sweden about 75% of all new mothers leave the hospital within 6-48 hours after a normal delivery. The parents have the telephone number to the maternity ward and can call or come in if they have any questions or are worried, and the new parents usually get a visit at home by a nurse from the Child Care Central (BVC) during the first week or so.

Last edited:
Let's look at the schedule for today as described by Svensk Damtidning: Det här händer under dagen – konselj och Te Deum | Svensk Damtidning

11.15 - State Council at the royal palace in Stockholm. Here King Carl Gustav will announce the name and the province, of which the new Princess will become a duchess.

12.00 - Thanksgiving service Te Deum in the palace church. There will be around 400 guests. Daniel will also take part.

12.00 - New salutes, 2 X 21, will be fired in Boden, Härnösand, Karlskrona and Göteborg.

- Princess Madeleine will not return to Sweden for this occasion informs the court.

Last edited:
I'm watching now but I doubt I'll be able to stay up..idk we'll see if my body lets me.

They're talking about the weather on TV4. Hope they cut to the palace when it all starts!

Apparently a lot of people have arrived at Haga palace. I just saw a picture of överhovmästarinnan (someone tell me how to translate that in English correctly) Alice Trolle Wachtmeister arriving in a car and the doctor in charge of the delivery was sitting on the front seat.

Oh no, I just realized I won't be able to watch the name announcement as I have to go pick up hubby from the airport... I'll try to check my cell phone every once in a while to find out the name!

I guess I'll sign off soon and wake myself up in half an hour to see the names...

Apparently a lot of people have arrived at Haga palace. I just saw a picture of överhovmästarinnan (someone tell me how to translate that in English correctly) Alice Trolle Wachtmeister arriving in a car and the doctor in charge of the delivery was sitting on the front seat.

Chief of Court/administrative Chief of Court. - From (Über) Hofmeister.
Usually just below Marshall of the Court, don't know if that's the case in Sweden.

I have a final exam in an hour at college...so, I'll miss everything :(

wish me luck...I'm so anxious for the name of the little princess!

Have a nice day everybody :)

Kungahuset just revealed the names: Ulrika Marianne Annika David, Duchess of Uppsland Vasby.

They removed it from their website. We will see if it's true.

David for a girl ??? Maybe the webmaster was just trying something.

LadyFinn said:
David for a girl ??? Maybe the webmaster was just trying something.

Hopefully they haven't been hacked.

I think there is an overrun on the royal website at the moment...I tried it several times without any success :))))

TV4 is talking about Kofi Annan and Syria. Is there anything happening?

Yes, it could be a hacking attack..a joke from some IT freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom