Is Victoria Ready to Reign?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotAPretender

Courtier
City
WPB FL/Muttontown NY
Country
United States
While I'm not saying that the current call for King Gustav's abdication will result in him stepping down, it may be interesting to enter into a discussion of whether the Crown Princess is ready for this next role in her life - which is inevitable.

I personally would have liked if she had the opportunity to establish her family before having to step up, but I do think that Prince Daniel has been and will continue to be a rock for her, similar to how Phillip has been all these years for HM Queen Elizabeth.

I would like for her to establish and enjoy a family before the responsibilities of being Queen are thrust upon her.

But, if the question is simply...is she ready?. Yes IMO, she's a centered, seemingly level-headed and groundred woman.

I agree I think she is ready and yet wish her time with a family before assuming so many more responsibilites. :flowers:

gosh, I really hope it doesn't all come to this...i feel so bad for Queen S, it's bad enough putting up with all this all the years, but so humiliating for it to have turned public. What title would she have if it came to this? I hope something respectful as Queen's mother.

She, like all the other heirs to the throne will have been ready for years to take on the responsibilities of the throne given that at any moment they could suddenly become king or queen. Obviously if suddenly one day one of us was told, "right your the king/queen now" we wouldn't be ready for it but an heir to the throne is different.
Naturally for Victoria and Daniel, it would be lovely for them to have a family, enjoy married life with a few less restrictions, and hopefully the king will live many many years to come. But I imagine it's always at the back of the mind and she won't be thinking "oh it might never happen!"

gosh, I really hope it doesn't all come to this...i feel so bad for Queen S, it's bad enough putting up with all this all the years, but so humiliating for it to have turned public. What title would she have if it came to this? I hope something respectful as Queen's mother.
I expect she still will be called Queen Silvia. Right now she is just referred to as the Queen.

I also do feel sorry for Queen Silvia. If the king steps down, do you think they will still live together? I think that a divorce is out of question for both of them, but maybe love has not lasted... What a pity:sad:

Victoria is a wonderful woman and I am sure she will be a wonderful Queen whenever it happens.

Last edited:
I'm sure Victoria would be able to step up to make an excellent queen, but for her sake I hope that won't happen for a few years.
She just got married, and this should be her happiest time; instead she's precipitated into the midst of a huge scandal.

I'm sure she wouldn't want to come to the throne in this way.

I would have to say that she is ready. Hopefully she'll have time to raise a family before the time comes that she has to sit on the throne.

IMHO she has been ready since she came home from her studies in the USA. After meeting Daniel her confidence has grown massive. After all the king said at the wedding dinner that he was proud that she had what it takes to become queen.

In a interwiew with Victoria a few years ago when she reached the age when he became king he said that she was more ready to become the queen than he was becoming the king. She is more schooled in what it means to be the monarch than her father was.

I think she is ready that mean she is already well prepared to be queen, but I wish her she won't be queen in next few years, cause I think it would be better for her to start family first and be with her children in their first years of live. Then she can became a queen and I think she will be great queen!

I also do feel sorry for Queen Silvia. If the king steps down, do you think they will still live together? I think that a divorce is out of question for both of them, but maybe love has not lasted... What a pity:sad:

Victoria is a wonderful woman and I am sure she will be a wonderful Queen whenever it happens.

it's very interesting what you're saying, that will depends of both the king and queen. with all that happened the last few months, it's hard to her to deal with it. i don't think they will get divorce, but what it's apparently true(at least for us) is that this relationship is broken. how broken it is, we don't know...

what i think about victoria? i think that she's ready, but i believe that it would be good for her(and for daniel, who only has almost a year being vicky's consort) to have a family first, without the responsibilities that comes with the throne. i think v&d are doing a good job right now, and if the ascend to the throne right now they would be a good queen and consort, but it would be better to have time to have and stablish a family life before she ascend. that's my humble opinion.

She has been groomed since she was a small child. It probably would be better if she came unto the throne later rather than sooner although when you are heir to the throne I believe that you would be prepared for anything that may happen.

Yes, Victoria has been groomed and prepared to become Queen someday, but the idea was to succeed her father (presumably) after his death.
Becoming queen after (supposing) her father had to abdicate because of a scandal would not be the best way for her to ascend the throne.
Besides the protocol issues with a living ex King and ex Queen she would have a difficult start.
If one read about the problems P Henrik, P Philip, P Bernard and P Claus had when their wives became Queens with their place within the family and the place within their countries, one can only imagine the issues Daniel will face if he becomes her consort so soon.

I think she is ready. But I do hope it will take several years until she has to reign.

The scandal will probably not cause an abdication and it will pass. This would be a very painful way to come to the throne.

yes, definitely. Victoria is IMO besides the Crown princes of Norway and the Netherlands the most prepared royal heir. I admire her work schedule and I think with Prince Daniel she has found the shoulder to protect her and love her. She is absolutely prepared I think... but she can't rely on her siblings to support her...

Of course she is ready. All of the heirs are ready. But it would be a huge, huge sacrifice to her personal life, Victoria & Daniel dont even have children, it would be tough to build a life as a young family while already carrying the heavy burden of Queen.

This goes for all heirs currrently around, all of them have small children, should one of the reigning monarchs pass away in the near future, the family life, especially the life of the new heir/ess kid, will suffer badly. Childhood would be over by then.

Of course she is ready. All of the heirs are ready. But it would be a huge, huge sacrifice to her personal life, Victoria & Daniel dont even have children, it would be tough to build a life as a young family while already carrying the heavy burden of Queen.

This goes for all heirs currrently around, all of them have small children, should one of the reigning monarchs pass away in the near future, the family life, especially the life of the new heir/ess kid, will suffer badly. Childhood would be over by then.

I agree. I forgot to mention this in my previous post. She is ready but her time has not come yet. She needs some years to build up a family of her own and to spend some time with her family.

Yes, I think Victoria is ready to reign, but I hope that it won't be necessary for many years yet so that she can have a family before becoming queen. But if it would happen that she was to become queen with young children, I don't think it would be bad for the children (as Duke of Marmalade seems to think), do remember that Victoria have grown up herself as the heiress, and I don't think that she and her siblings have suffered growing up as the children of a reigning king.

I believe that she is ready to become queen but I think she needs a few more years as CP, to start her family. Only time will tell when she will become queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom